PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 PM #1
Daniel7
we rock the **** man!

semi ephy weird upgrade

Hi guys,

I have a ion with blackheart, qev, body-kit, freak, clamping feedneck, micro maxflo, blade trigger, every upgrade but the bolt. A friend of mine was selling his ephy, so he told me I could have the bolt (ephys come with a firebolt) if I give him the stock one for selling. So we did that. I couldn't go to his city so I sent the marker with a couple friends and got it back. It worked ok, but in the tournament I saw the fps were way to low. 220, 230. So I turned up the dwell all the way up, getting 230, 240fps. I talked to a store-owner and he told me it could be excess of lube.

As I didn't do the change, and the people who did to be honest know less of paintball than me, I checked it in my home (after playing all the tournament with that issue) and I got a big surprice. They didn't change the bolt, but all the firing chamber complete. So I have the ION black breech (the part with the feedneck) and the other part is know red (from the ephy) with the ephy's bolt. It has the Green chamber insert. I cleaned it completely and lube it again (I didn't see a lube problem but still clean and re-lube it)

I haven't chrono my marker yet but I think I know it wasn't the problem and it has something to do with this weird change. I belive the sold ephy has no problem whatsoever.

Best Regards
Daniel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2010, 02:23 PM #2
ProtoxxPaintball
USAF

ProtoxxPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
ProtoxxPaintball supports our troops
ProtoxxPaintball is an NCPA player
ProtoxxPaintball supports Empire
You need to just turn the pressure up. The whole point with the epiph. chamber is to lower your dwell and raise your pressure to ensure a more consistent shot.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:25 PM #3
Daniel7
we rock the **** man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoxxPaintball View Post
You need to just turn the pressure up. The whole point with the epiph. chamber is to lower your dwell and raise your pressure to ensure a more consistent shot.
I forgoted to say, I got those speeds turning the pressure all the way up as well. All mentioned above was with the pressure screw all the way up
Old 01-16-2010, 03:47 PM #4
Daniel7
we rock the **** man!

please help
Old 01-16-2010, 06:08 PM #5
snprgal
valkyrie..:P

If they didn't change the reg too or at least the reg spring, there's not much you can do unless you have a spare aftermarket reg. and even if u solve that, you might have another problem depending on how old your ION is, the solenoid might not be powerfull enough to fire over 200 psi
snprgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:14 PM #6
snprgal

Did u try taking the insert out? u might get a more usable velocity that way...
Old 01-16-2010, 08:08 PM #7
Daniel7
we rock the **** man!

jee this blows... I'm from Chile, a long narrow country in south-america. I gues the best option is to try to get the firing chamber back... But if not possible, what else can I do? I don't wanna put more money on a ion...
Old 01-16-2010, 09:12 PM #8
snprgal

well...u can get a Warrior fire chamber for 10-12$ but...did u try without that green insert? the epiphany firechamber with no insert is not that much smaller than a standard ION firechamber, I bet you could get close to 300 fps topping your reg at 200 psi.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:07 PM #9
Daniel7
we rock the **** man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snprgal View Post
did u try without that green insert?
no but I will.. THANKS
Old 01-20-2010, 10:23 PM #10
house-of-t

hey i have this same issue with my ion, i was told that all i need to do is replace the regulator spring with and epiphany one,(or one that is similar). because the epiphany runs at 260 psi where as the ion run at 180. the other option is to run an after market regulator; dye hyper II, or a cp. good luck eather way

Last edited by house-of-t : 01-20-2010 at 10:27 PM.
house-of-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:16 PM #11
jasonexcal
CCM=QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP

the problem is the insert the certain inserts are made to take out volume and to limit the fps. if you look at an epihany manual certain inserts will not let you fire over a certain fps. i know one of the inserts is intended for indoor play and will not let the marker fire above 260 i believe it is. like others have stated take out the insert and you should be fine. if you change the spring in the regulator you will still run into problem because of the ion hosing it will not handle the pressures that an epiphany will.