Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-24-2009, 03:28 AM #1
willthehill

Tiberius Arms T4

I just kinda saw the T4 came out a week or two ago, but i havent seen any info or reviews or anything on it. Does anyone know much about it? Is it worth anywhere near the 900 it costs?
thanks!
willthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2009, 07:43 PM #2
Squigge

Only review I've seen so far is the one on page 103 of paintball X3 plus

http://www.digitalpublisherpro.com/M...5&issue_id=323

cheers,

Squigge
Squigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:34 PM #3
crazymoose

Really cool gun held one a couple weeks ago uses first strike rounds I forget how many are in the mag but the mag is the size of a milsig mag. The guy I talked to said it worked great and was worth the money
Old 08-09-2009, 10:13 PM #4
Squigge

Has anyone tried an apex with a T4???

curious?

Squigge
Squigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:17 PM #5
GunRaptor
Pilot in Training

GunRaptor supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squigge View Post

curious?

Squigge

srsly?

Currently trying to join or create a scenario team in Del Rio. Apparently there might be a field coming to Laughlin AFB, so this may be more realistic than I thought before. PM if interested.

Also, I'm a total gun whore.
GunRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:35 PM #6
BDoubleG

BDoubleG donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squigge View Post

curious?

Squigge
It wouldn't work.

The whole point of the apex is to put backspin, thus increase the range. FS rounds aren't balls, so it would be like putting backspin on a bullet or a badminton birdie. It would be less than useless; it would infinitely hinder performance.
BDoubleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 AM #7
dequantai

dequantai plays in the APPA beginner division
that's an awesome review. especially the end

-While it may not be journalistically proper to say so, the amount of "bad assery" with which the T4 bad ***** it's way around the paintball field is nothing short of amazing

haha
dequantai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:30 PM #8
melkson
Raptor Guru

http://www.modernintel.ca/reviews/vi...berius-t4/372/
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:22 PM #9
de-evoproject

mag holds 14 rds. (which is odd to me since first strike rds come 8 per tube) and can shoot either FS rds or reg .68 cal paintballs. They have a switch knob near the front that allow you to switch (between different sides of the mag i think) feed areas. So technically you could load FS rds. and regular rds and flip back and forth. The switch basically flips the barrel for you like you do on a T9 to switch between hopper and mag fed w/o having to turn the barrel yourself.

And IIRC they do make an Apex tip that threads onto the Tiberius barrels where the silencer and the flash suppressor tips usually go. Now as far as what effect this has on a FS rd i couldn't begin to tell you since i don't know EXACTLY how they put backspin on a paintball. Still i CAN say that no matter which method they use, it will have NO effect to a NEGATIVE effect on the flight of a FS rd. Rifling and Areodynamic shape of a rd are the best ways to assure a straight, consistent and stable flight path. Backspin is slightly effective for rd projectiles but still not great.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 PM #10
melkson
Raptor Guru

yes, the mag holds 14 rds, and also can hold a 12g, or have a refillable co2 mini-tank, or run constant air from a remote source. The mags can use First strike OR standard paint, but only one at a time.

The barrel changeover is performed by pulling a 'AR cocking lever' or hitting a release button. this switches the barrel from hopperfeed to magfeed (or back). basically run a hopper of regular paint, switch for a few 'reach out and touch someone' shots, and then back to hopperfeed.

an apex is doable for the regular paint, but would destroy a fs round. the apex puts the backspin on a ball by having a soft rubber 'tounge' that brushes one side of the ball, making that side drag, and the ball spin accordingly. I have a apex tip for my tib9, and no longer use it (it seemed to break 1/10 rounds, but I did get a great 'bomb shot' elimination once)
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote