Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-19-2014, 06:40 PM #1
john316hope

D-Lite valve Stem

I can't remember if anyone had asked this question before or not, but I will ask anyway.

I had installed the D-lite valve stem in several months ago and of course it leaked as we all know it would. I put almost 3 cases through it now and also tried the putting it in hot water to soften it up a bit and installing it and ramping the pressure up over night but even after that it still leaks. Not as bad as it did from the start but still enough to hear a few feet away.

How many cases of paint does this usually take to break in?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your time!
john316hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2014, 06:59 PM #2
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I put a dab of rubbing compound on the sealing face and twisted it back and forth in the valve body for a bit. Sealed right up upon next airing (and thorough washing of course).
Slow Z Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:08 PM #3
john316hope

What kind of rubbing compound did you use? You basically polished the valve body face?

Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:20 PM #4
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
No I wouldnt say it polished the face, just created an even sealing surface on the stem. I didnt go overboard with it. And I used plain turtlewax rubbing compound available at walmart. If your worried about how gritty the rubbing compound is, you can always go with the polishing compound they have as well. Less "destructive".
Old 11-19-2014, 07:30 PM #5
john316hope

oh....I feel like an idiot. You have to excuse me I have a head cold that I think is frying my brain cells. I understand now what you are saying. Dab some on the stem insert stem in valve and twist a bit back and forth. Rite or did I not get it.....I need to go take more medicine I think....

Thanks again!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:48 PM #6
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
Haha yeah. It will artificially simulate wear on the stems face. Ive got a perforated eardrum caused by a middle ear infection caused by a cold so I feel ya.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:07 PM #7
john316hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Z Rally View Post
Haha yeah. It will artificially simulate wear on the stems face. Ive got a perforated eardrum caused by a middle ear infection caused by a cold so I feel ya.
Fun times isn't it! Sorry to hear that happen too ya. My asthma isn't liking it either. It's a mix between a head cold and an upper respiratory infection.

Anyway I'll give that a try tomorrow and get some air this weekend to see if that helped any. If it helped yours it should help mine.

Thanks again!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:10 PM #8
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
Make sure to wash it all down thoroughly as said before. You dont want that stuff going through your gun.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:48 AM #9
perilX
Hello.

Annual Supporting Member
Damn D-Lite stems. If I don't get a good seal, I just pop in a magno stem. The compound might be a decent idea, though. There may be something else that could be done, too. Maybe with heat. Might be worth trying out.

I have a bunch of those d-lite stems. Might have to sacrifice one for the cause.

For Sale: Cobra A1 Fly | .50 Cal Ego8
perilX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:38 PM #10
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
I've done something similar with a G6R cupseal.....apply some hardcore pressure to the stem to let it 'wear' into the valve body. Works like a charm.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:52 PM #11
john316hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I've done something similar with a G6R cupseal.....apply some hardcore pressure to the stem to let it 'wear' into the valve body. Works like a charm.
I've done that 3-4 times and it work a little but not that well. I'm going to try the abrasive compound to see if it will work or not. I wish I had the original valve stem still. Thanks to some hard core cheaters cranking my pressure up all the way and not catching it till my entire tank empties in the middle of a match. But now it sit on my dresser in 2 pieces as a reminder to lock my gear in my car when not in use. If I can find another magno valve stem I will probably get it and just use it instead. I don't know I like my settings at the moment. I don't know if I can have the same pressures as it is now with the D-Lite verses the stock magno stem.

My pressures are: LPR- 42psi A.K.A Sidewinder- 180psi (300fps)

Last edited by john316hope : 11-20-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:43 AM #12
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
I wish I could get those pressures. Need my gun broke in badly. I hope the abrasive compound does work for you.

Last edited by Slow Z Rally : Yesterday at 12:45 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM #13
john316hope

Quote:
I wish I could get those pressures. Need my gun broke in badly. I hope the abrasive compound does work for you.
LOL! If it makes you feel better I had EastCoastAngel tune it for me with a booster bolt 2 I bought from him.

I never knew you can get the lpr that low until then. I always went with what was in the manual. Funny though, my angel never worked well with pressures listed in the manual.

Just in case I mess up the d-lite stem i have in the marker, I ordered a second from pbsports.com via ebay today.
Old Yesterday, 01:05 AM #14
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
I should think you wont have problems with the procedure. The compound will turn black as its creating wear so dont worry. Your basically trying to make an even face to seal against the valve which is the same wear created by the stem slamming into the valve over and over again and smashing down the surface to be even during firing of the marker. I dont specifically remember how long I twisted for but I did put some effort into it, wiped it off once or twice in the process and applied fresh compound. I did it also with the dlite stem I put into my ir3. Worked like a charm and was leaking like crazy previously. It shouldnt take more than 2 minutes. And thats probably being generous.

Last edited by Slow Z Rally : Yesterday at 01:08 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:22 AM #15
john316hope

That's good to know then, I was probably going to spend a hour on it. LOL The last time I use the stuff was for a mauser bolt to loosen it up a bit.

How long is the D-Lite stem life span?
Old Today, 05:35 PM #16
john316hope

Quote:
I put a dab of rubbing compound on the sealing face and twisted it back and forth in the valve body for a bit. Sealed right up upon next airing (and thorough washing of course).
Well I used the rubbing compound yesterday and tried it out today..... IT WORKS! NO LEAKING FROM THE STEM ANYMORE! Now I have to find a new gasket for the mini reg adapter. The triangle looking gasket.

Thanks again for your help!
Old Today, 07:45 PM #17
Dank420Girl

Annual Supporting Member
I have 2 guns with D-Lite valve stems that leak as well. I'm going to have to pick up some rubbing compound and see if I can produce same results.
You can find gasket for mini-reg adapter in a Angel o-ring kit.
Dank420Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:24 PM #18
john316hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank420Girl View Post
I have 2 guns with D-Lite valve stems that leak as well. I'm going to have to pick up some rubbing compound and see if I can produce same results.
You can find gasket for mini-reg adapter in a Angel o-ring kit.
Thanks for the heads up. I put a piece clear tape on the gasket and cut the shape out and left the tape on the gasket, put it back in and it's so far not leaking.

Now my solenoid gasket is leaking so I have to fix it know but I am more weary about the tape getting into the solenoid.
Old Today, 09:01 PM #19
Dank420Girl

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by john316hope View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I put a piece clear tape on the gasket and cut the shape out and left the tape on the gasket, put it back in and it's so far not leaking.

Now my solenoid gasket is leaking so I have to fix it know but I am more weary about the tape getting into the solenoid.
I would just use thick paintball lube on solenoid gasket. If my solenoid gasket ever leaks it's only because it's not making seal. Thick paintball lube like dye lube rub between fingers with gasket making sure thin coat of lube on both sides of gasket will fix leak. However if your gasket is ripped or torn then of course you're going to need find a new one which are nearly impossible to find anymore.

Last edited by Dank420Girl : Today at 09:27 PM.
Dank420Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:32 PM #20
EastCoastAngel
Angel tune up and service

If you need any a1 parts there's a guy on here that does have a1 parts.......might be this guy....maybe

Don't crank the noid screw down to much, crush your noid and your looking at 55-75 min for a new one

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
EastCoastAngel is offline   Reply With Quote