Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-11-2010, 01:56 PM #1
rocker1337

Rex R1 Battery Help

ok so i recently just got a Rex R1 marker with the R2 chip. i read the manual to see if the gun was already charged but it didnt say so i charged it for about 12 hours just to be safe. the manual also states that the battery will die quick the first 3-5 times due to a "battery wakeup procedure". and i can agree the gun died in about 2 hours. my question is, the gun states that it has a 7.2V battery, however it died going down to 6.0V. is this normal? also when i charge it, it rises up to 8.5V saying its fully charged.

is this the actual battery procedure? or did i get a defective battery?
rocker1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2010, 09:32 PM #2
rzhukov

rzhukov is playing at Living Legends III
rzhukov owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
rzhukov supports Bob Gurnsey
rzhukov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fully charged battery at above 7.2 is fine, and below that when discharged is normal too. I think this gun will actually run on 9V if you do conversion, also a lot of 9v batteries are actually 8v or 7.2v batteries so variation in volts is not that big of a deal

Last edited by rzhukov : 05-09-2010 at 12:34 AM.
rzhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:47 AM #4
yevlum98

any way i can get some info on the 9v conversion. I tried wiring a 9v in and the actuator will not fire.

thanks
yevlum98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 PM #5
rzhukov

get t-board from 9.95 from scenario dreams
http://www.scenariodreams.com/productpages/o3.htm

Not only it has way more adjustments and modes then stock one, but it also comes with 9v adapter, the only problem its hard to fit a 9v inside the grips you will have to either milled the grip frame or stick your 9v somewhere outside.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:14 PM #6
yevlum98

i have no problem getting the 9v battery in the grip. it just wont work. I also could get the t board but i would loose my LCD screen and I really liked that. I just got the marker and I like it but it is giving me so many battery issuse that it almost istnt worth the trouble. IIsports sent me two more out and both dont hold a charge. they are dead right away.
yevlum98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:07 AM #7
rzhukov

First try couple charge/discharge sequences, my battery got a lot better after I did that 6-7 times. And like I said a lot of regular 9.6V batteries are actually 8.2V and 7.2V especially rechargeable ones (if you take 9.6V apart they are made of either 8, 7, or 6 small 1.2V batteries), maybe I got 7.2V one when I tried mine. But, you can get a rechargeable 9.6V battery take it part and wire yourself a 7.2V battery. Its pain in the *** but it will not cost you much.