PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-11-2010, 12:04 PM #1
AlexK

Looking for woodsball players in the Shoals Area

Hey all, I'm new again to paintball (haven't played in a decade ) and am wanting to get into woodsball, preferably off-field (private field, own land, others land with permission, etc.) places where you've got a few acres to spread out in. I've got a couple friends who are interested as well, and I'd like to get a group of people (at least 10-12 so we have a good group even with a few no-shows) that could play once a month or so.

So, are there people on here in the Shoals area that would be interested? Are there any local resources for finding players?

Also, are there any good sources (aside from ebay) for finding relatively inexpensive entry level equipment for guys interested in getting into it without dropping a lot of money? I've got my stuff already, but a couple of my friends don't.

Thanks,
AlexK
AlexK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2010, 09:37 PM #2
fineazell1
Shoals area Noob

Alex
I started playing in October and was instantly hooked. I have 3 other people that we play at least once a month (usually on my family's land). I live in the shoals but our property is near Moulton.
I wouldn't mind chatting with you and see about getting a game going.
We have a 20lb C02 tank for fills and I have a scuba tank for HPA. We have setup a small woodsball course with pallets and barrels but I have 25 acres to work with if we had enough people.
I have 4 or 5 extra setups for people that don't have their own and the guys I play with have their own and some spare stuff too.
As far as cheap setups for loaners, I bought stuff off ebay mostly (50 bux a setup). Let me know if you are interested.
Feb 6 we plan to play at the scenario game and Mt. Doom but after that we can setup a monthly game if everyone gets along.

Also, if you know somebody in the shoals that will let us play on their property that would be fine with us.

Talk to you later.
fineazell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:08 AM #3
AlexK

Cool. I've got a couple places around the shoals we could probably use, although I haven't actually run it by my family. I've got a few uncles and cousins with land around.

I know I've got myself and a buddy that are interested, maybe could get some more especially if they can play a couple times with loaner gear and get the itch.

What kind of setups do you guys run? I've got an Alpha Black Tactical with a 16" J&J Barrel, but nothing else in the way of upgrades. I'm not worried about the loaner gear; beggars can't be choosers. But I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing or anything that would be good to have that I don't.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:50 PM #4
fineazell1
Shoals area Noob

You have to have at least 5 posts on here to send/receive PM's so I can't PM you my number. Send me an email fineazell1 at hotmail.com and I'll email you some info.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:53 PM #5
AlexK

I sent you an email, but haven't gotten a reply. You might want to check you spam folder.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:06 PM #6
fineazell1
Shoals area Noob

Checked but nothing. I'll try to make my 5 posts on here and I'll just send you a PM (when you get your 5). You on facebook?
Old 01-17-2010, 07:15 PM #7
fineazell1
Shoals area Noob

You need one more post before I can send a PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:32 PM #8
AlexK

Post number 5. PM at will.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:39 AM #9
fineazell1
Shoals area Noob

Just wanted to let anybody checking in on this post that we are playing on Sunday if anybody in the Shoals/Decatur/Huntsville area are interested in some woodsball.
ReplyRegional Ups