Community Focus

Old 01-26-2010, 09:10 PM #22
AABatteries (Banned)

AABatteries helped look for balloons
AABatteries owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABatteries posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiladelphia View Post
I also think that Germany has some pretty restrictive marker laws, from what I've heard... anyone care to elaborate?
Very strict. There was a raid on a paintball facility about a month ago. There were videos of it, but were taken down. If I remember correctly, if your marker is shooting over 213-216fps, they can and will confiscate it. I'm not sure on the numbers, but it was under 240fps for sure.
AABatteries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2010, 02:04 AM #23
theycallmebacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbock View Post
I think tourney paintball at the pro level is doing great! I think it's the local/beginner level of play that has lost the most. I'd like to see people play with a little class. I never would have played tourneys at all if players acted like they do now. What happened to that brotherhood of the more experienced guys taking the lead and showing the new guys the ropes. It seems like now the only "ropes" newbies get to see are the ones aimed at their heads. That's no fun and certainly doesn't help grow the sport. Just something to think about I guess.
This IMO is what holds back paintball the most. Sadly, most higher division players are douche bags (honestly) that don't give any concern to the new kids that could potentially be the new era. Paintball is a small niche of people that love the same thing. We should all contribute each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by proto06 View Post
i want to see them go back to uncapped semi...im tired of all this camped ramping stuff...anyone can hold the trigger down an keep throwing pods of paint into a hopper were as in a firefight back when i started playing you had to either be a good snap shooter or be able to throw more paint then the other..
I disagree, I've played 7-man long enough. You still use the same snap shooting skills in Race2 and to make the games a little more exciting have a lot more movement going around.

Ramping using more pods of paint? Seriously?
A good example would be last years WCPPL event, where Aftermath factory used 35 cases of paint for a 7-man event. Went into the Race2 WCPPL event and ended up only shooting 16 cases that weekend, they also made it to quarter finals.

I've only been playing 5-man for a solid month and have been getting twice as many games in with one case as I would in7-man
Old 01-28-2010, 10:35 PM #24
alex_97850

alex_97850 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
alex_97850 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
I... being a college player, would like to see some more ncpa tournaments available on the west coast. we've only played 1
Yeah agree with that!
alex_97850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:14 PM #25
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

i hope respect comes back to paintball God know theres hardly of that

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:05 PM #26
paintballstar368

paintballstar368 plays in the PSP
paintballstar368 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i wnat to see more OHIO paintball no where to play in cleveland akron area in the winter
paintballstar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:31 PM #27
usmcpaintba11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPA_SMURF1 View Post
SP closing is a bad deal for all of us. i hope that my team gets at least a top 3finish, aslo we get more involvement from none PB companies such as coca cola or microsoft would be amazing.
Well SP's closing was only temporarily

If your house was on fire and the first thing you would grab is your gearbag put this in your sig

Dangerous Power G3 SE LE/spec-r F/thttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3300788
usmcpaintba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:28 AM #28
Lil Bear_SCV

The industry right now needs suport from walk-on players thats what keeps the sport alive

Also, kids are the ones who need to start playin its more fun than football. but when a mom drives up to the field and hears 13 bps she goes right back down the road.
Lil Bear_SCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:00 AM #29
FlRampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evas1on PB View Post
Cheers :]

WORD!
FlRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:17 PM #30
nevekd128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Bear_SCV View Post
The industry right now needs suport from walk-on players thats what keeps the sport alive

Also, kids are the ones who need to start playin its more fun than football. but when a mom drives up to the field and hears 13 bps she goes right back down the road.
well pricing for rentals could be better and same with crap field paint prices
Old 02-13-2010, 09:09 AM #31
shotkill

shotkill supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
I've been inconsistently playing tournament ball since 1999, as life and finances would allow. As the markers have become more advanced, I've seen a decline in actual team strategy. Most games now are determined by which team has the better skill set. Who can shoot the most paint, who can run the fastest, who can make the snake 50 off the break. These are skills, not strategy.

I'm not saying that any of these things are bad or wrong, I'm just wondering if the strategic element of tournament paintball that was so prevalent in the late 1990s and early 2000s would come back if some changes were made. I don't know what those changes are... just trying to raise a point. I'd like to see a better blend of athleticism and strategy in 2010.
I would have to dissagree with you there. The fact is that with these new higher rates of fire individual skill has been pressed true, but I know fir a DVD if my snake corner doesn't communicate with me I'm toast. If he doesn't shoot at stratigic bunkers to allow mr space I'm dead. If I don't put pressure on certain players our team will lose. Don't be so quick to judge. Sure we don't have that "recon force 1 go go go!!" or Han movments any more but to think speedball tourneys do not have hours put into them before we even step out onthe field your wrong. Getting to bunkers, communicating, wraping your friends mirror. All of these are team skills and stratagies. I will give you that woodsball may be trickier to run the team smoothly ( distance number of people et cetera) but speedball has an amazing amount of stratagy and we will hav to agree to disagree on this point. Lol
Old 02-13-2010, 10:33 AM #32
GFX260
Jesse Day

GFX260 supports Team VICIOUS
GFX260 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_97850 View Post
the bad: fear of smart parts closing....
That's really not bad to me. I'm ready to see them go. they had plenty of time & opportunity to create better equipment or stand behind the crap they sold. I'm tired of fixing their junk... good riddance.

No, I don't believe it is temporary, from this point on, I believe they are doomed even if they try to return.

Quote:
I've been inconsistently playing tournament ball since 1999, as life and finances would allow. As the markers have become more advanced, I've seen a decline in actual team strategy. Most games now are determined by which team has the better skill set. Who can shoot the most paint, who can run the fastest, who can make the snake 50 off the break. These are skills, not strategy.

I'm not saying that any of these things are bad or wrong, I'm just wondering if the strategic element of tournament paintball that was so prevalent in the late 1990s and early 2000s would come back if some changes were made. I don't know what those changes are... just trying to raise a point. I'd like to see a better blend of athleticism and strategy in 2010.
I'd like to see tourney strategy come back too, but I believe it has a lot more to do with field size. with smaller fields, you are forced to fight or lose. strategies are just as important, but they are much more controlled & orthodox. there are more boundaries to what you can & can't get away with. If strategy is that important to you, I suggest woodsball tourneys. The woods is where this sport was born & it's where strategy still makes the biggest difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotblueballs93 View Post
I'll start off by saying that I don't have nearly as much experience as you do, so this is mostly speculation. But I think the change or blend between skills and strategy will come from the winning teams. If a team or teams that emphasize strategy can consistently beat teams that emphasize skills, then other teams looking to improve will follow that model.
correct, unlike a decade ago, we have learned that there are correct & incorrect ways to do things & if we make a mistake or misjudgment, someone will capitalize on it quicker on it now than they would back then. This minimizes the surprise factor of strategy.
ex. You can't make it to 50 dorito off break because the guy laneing you can shoot good left handed, doesn't have a retarded huge drop forward, and has a gun that's not too big.

Quote:
Never played in a pump tourney. Haven't used a pump since 1994. But it sounds like a fun thing to try.
you really need to. go buy a phantom or sniper

Quote:
i want to see them go back to uncapped semi...im tired of all this camped ramping stuff...anyone can hold the trigger down an keep throwing pods of paint into a hopper were as in a firefight back when i started playing you had to either be a good snap shooter or be able to throw more paint then the other..
I would love to see this

I bet we would shoot as much or more paint, but I simply like having more control over when my marker fires & when it doesn't. some of these BPS & ramping mode combinations really distract from the game.

if people can't move as much as before, then make the fields bigger & easier to move.
GFX260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:59 AM #33
shark6428

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmebacon View Post
This IMO is what holds back paintball the most. Sadly, most higher division players are douche bags (honestly) that don't give any concern to the new kids that could potentially be the new era. Paintball is a small niche of people that love the same thing. We should all contribute each other.
I don't mean to attack you, but I want to correct you about the attitude of high level players. About a year ago, there was an attempt to restart Atlanta Edge. The tryouts were held at our local field and were attended by about 6 players that had played for pro xball teams and about a dozen other local players from D2 and up. Every one of them had an excellent attitude the entire day, no matter how bad they played or felt other players had cheated.

At one point, a kid no more than 15 in line to refill air, not knowing who he was talking to, asked one of the pro players about getting better at playing. The pro stopped and talked to the kid for a good 10 minutes giving tips and inspiration, encouraging him to keep playing and trying his best to improve. By no means are all high level players jerks. Of course, this just might be a Southern thing.

tl;dr: Pro players are nice, down to earth people with a few exceptions.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
shark6428 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:28 PM #34
pbm_AGGSTER

ive sat here and read every post and i agree with some of you and disagree, but there was one thing that i dont think i read that maybe should be considered a tad bit.

the fact that our ECONOMY as a WHOLE is down the toilet.

families are stuggling and cutting out many things, hobbies, vacations, family trips.

with that said i believe its hurting paintball due to the fact many kids families simply just dont have the money to dish out for their kid to play

keep in mind paintball is NOT a cheap sport.

i hope paintball one day is televised on a weekly basis = that would be amazing

Disturbed (PBM Factory)R.I.P.
TRUST 28+/0-
STR8KILLAS
pbm_AGGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:10 AM #35
killathrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm_AGGSTER View Post
ive sat here and read every post and i agree with some of you and disagree, but there was one thing that i dont think i read that maybe should be considered a tad bit.

the fact that our ECONOMY as a WHOLE is down the toilet.

families are stuggling and cutting out many things, hobbies, vacations, family trips.

with that said i believe its hurting paintball due to the fact many kids families simply just dont have the money to dish out for their kid to play

keep in mind paintball is NOT a cheap sport.

i hope paintball one day is televised on a weekly basis = that would be amazing
Paintball has been around for a whileee, it has seen recessions bfor why should this one be diffrent?
killathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:06 PM #36
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
It DID get hurt in those other recessions. I have seen it, I was there. However it's even more expensive now for competitive players and it's a bigger recession than we've seen in a long time.

Paintball isn't hurting more than other luxury areas... I was talking to some people near me who sell speedboats and yachts... it has not been a good last couple of years for boating either. Another luxury pursuit that people can easily trim from their budget if times are bad.

It's hard, and some companies will fail, but like the whole darwinian theory, those who remain will be the best and those ready to face the future.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:51 PM #37
Babyspice7
Come at me bro!

Babyspice7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Babyspice7 supports Team VICIOUS
Babyspice7 is for the Gunfight
What Mike Hinman is doing with the WCPPL and how he runs the tournaments, with the cheap entry fees, and discounted paint, along with pro refs, great turf, etc...Amazes me and IMO is what other tournament series should be modeled after...This is strictly opinion ...But I'd also like to see cheaper prices without SPONSORS involved, but I know that won't happen for a long time

Temporary Free Agent. D3 or D2. Get at me!
Babyspice7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:21 AM #38
BigBerd

BigBerd is playing at Living Legends III
BigBerd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Couldnt have said it better myself, i remember sitting around for hours just walking the trigger, it takes nothing to shoot 3bps to get a gun to ramp, i felt that uncapped semi adds another level of difficulty to the sport, thank god uspl/nppl has kept the uncapped semi
BigBerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:52 AM #39
EAThreatPirate

EAThreatPirate plays in the PSP
EAThreatPirate plays in the APPA D4 division
Cool
EAThreatPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:04 AM #40
FedEx_Ground

FedEx_Ground owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballstar368 View Post
i wnat to see more OHIO paintball no where to play in cleveland akron area in the winter
That would be great.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:11 AM #41
PoisonOfDecember

PoisonOfDecember plays in the PSP
PoisonOfDecember plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx_Ground View Post
That would be great.
Go to TPA? From what I know/have seen it is a good set up players and ran pretty nice. Hit up the AYCS days at least.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:42 AM #42
alex_97850

alex_97850 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
alex_97850 supports Team VICIOUS
=] the good ol days
alex_97850 is offline   Reply With Quote