Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 01-07-2010, 08:15 AM #1
TSSOC.PROFESSOR

TSSOC.PROFESSOR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TSSOC.PROFESSOR has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Why do you play Scenario Paintball?

I was talking to a teammate yesterday and we were discussing why we play paintball, scenario paintball in particular. We both had similar reasons...to be on an organized team that enabled us to improve our outcomes on the field, the camaraderie and the integrity associated with most scenario players, but when we started discussing it further, we saw that there were a myriad of other reasons why certain players/teams might play.

So I pose the question to the Scenario community, why do you play Scenario Paintball?
TSSOC.PROFESSOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2010, 08:20 AM #2
toochman
Toochman

You ever see my wife?
Member of 518 NINJA SQUAD..
Supporter of the "Upstate Hate" Woodsball Team
www.capitalcombatzone.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/SPbTV
http://tuthilltown.com/home/
toochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:22 AM #3
TSSOC.PROFESSOR

TSSOC.PROFESSOR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TSSOC.PROFESSOR has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by toochman View Post
You ever see my wife?
LMAO!
TSSOC.PROFESSOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:54 AM #4
Jonestowntea
AMBUSH ALPHA

Cause you can't play a tourny with a hangover...
Old 01-07-2010, 09:08 AM #5
slinkeytitan
ImAStripClubDJTrustMe

slinkeytitan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonestowntea View Post
b.s. ^^^^
lol

ST: A.C
if ur a member, you know why and you should be proud.
PBkid23 V.What?-the internet is my crack cocaine, and st is my dealer
slinkeytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:11 AM #6
Keg
Lacrosse Grenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonestowntea View Post
I'll second that, third it, and fourth it.

Coming from a tourney background the first thing that appealed to me in scenario was the sheer size of an event. In tourney your at most facing 10 other guys at any time where as in scenario you have the potential at hitting the field and running smack dab into 300+ guys and girls coming at you all at the same time. Throw in the bigger events and that number goes up exponentially.

For me though the overwhelming great thing about scenario is the "family" relationship that is developed amongst the teams and players. Sure I play for TSSOC but I consider many other teams out there as part of my paintball family. I speak to many people on other teams damn near daily just to shoot the spit and see whats going on. Play a game of chess online or grab a beer in a local pub to catch a game together. In tournament animosity bubbles to the surface and stays there all too frequently.

Allow me to state for the record that I am not the teammate Professor is referring to in his post. He only calls me when I'm at work and knows I can't answer.
Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:37 AM #7
GtrLvr
Pump Kin

GtrLvr is playing at Living Legends III
Because I'm addicted to it, I think crack might even be cheaper.
Seriously though, the adrenaline rush, the exercise, the chance to push myself.
I can't really do that anywhere else. Also the "activities" before and after are always awesome.

Scenario Paintball TV(SPbTV)-Paintball videos from the Northeast and Europe
GtrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:44 AM #8
bruno v
Reservoir Dogs

I like to hunt people who are hunting me, and beat them.
Along with what everybody else said.

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners
Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports *
bruno v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:47 AM #9
FredX4
SUNS OUT GUNS OUT

Because I've seen Tooch's wife! LMAO, it's a good thing your wife doesn't stalk you on line Tony! I play for the fun of it. In the 2 years I've been playing again, I've met & played for and against some of the best people I've ever known. It's an extended family much like the volunteer fire service, you develop friendships that last a lifetime.
Sponsored by SPBTV
| ~ NINJA SQUAD ~ |
FredX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:11 AM #10
slinkeytitan
ImAStripClubDJTrustMe

slinkeytitan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keg View Post
I'll second that, third it, and fourth it.

Coming from a tourney background the first thing that appealed to me in scenario was the sheer size of an event. In tourney your at most facing 10 other guys at any time where as in scenario you have the potential at hitting the field and running smack dab into 300+ guys and girls coming at you all at the same time. Throw in the bigger events and that number goes up exponentially.

For me though the overwhelming great thing about scenario is the "family" relationship that is developed amongst the teams and players. Sure I play for TSSOC but I consider many other teams out there as part of my paintball family. I speak to many people on other teams damn near daily just to shoot the spit and see whats going on. Play a game of chess online or grab a beer in a local pub to catch a game together. In tournament animosity bubbles to the surface and stays there all too frequently.

Allow me to state for the record that I am not the teammate Professor is referring to in his post. He only calls me when I'm at work and knows I can't answer.
u didn't drink enough before the match. if u can get to a high intoxication by the morning u don't feel anything and your senses are through the roof. many tourneys have ben won on this belief and i have trophy's to prove it.

ST: A.C
if ur a member, you know why and you should be proud.
PBkid23 V.What?-the internet is my crack cocaine, and st is my dealer
slinkeytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:19 AM #11
DocOnTheWay
He's only Mostly Dead...

DocOnTheWay donated to help Peyton Trent
DocOnTheWay supports our troops
I play for the Ladies...

Member- SPBTV paintball camera crew.

www.youtube.com/docontheway

http://scenariopaintballtv.blogspot.com/
DocOnTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:38 AM #12
wbjunkie

wbjunkie is playing at Living Legends III
i once turned a corner on a trail and ended up nose to nose with a player on the other team. we ended up shooting each other point blank. lol. slapped five and walked off the field together. just one story of a thousand. in most cases everyone is just tryin to have some fun and be with people who are as paintball crazed as myself. thats why i play.

TEAM DRAGONLANCE
wbjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 AM #13
Grazi07
Armada

Grazi07 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbjunkie View Post
i once turned a corner on a trail and ended up nose to nose with a player on the other team. we ended up shooting each other point blank. lol. slapped five and walked off the field together. just one story of a thousand. in most cases everyone is just tryin to have some fun and be with people who are as paintball crazed as myself. thats why i play.
Similar to this....

I play at a 108 acre field and the feeling of anticipation and the rush of an ambush/first contact is overwhelming. You just can't replicate that tension on a speedball field. I generally prefer a day on the speedball field to a day in the woods playing recball, but I really enjoy organized scenarios.

As a sidenote... if any of you are in the vicinity of South Carolina/North Carolina or willing to make a trip, www.abpaintball.com is hosting an event beginning 2/5 - a 2 day event for $45 including air and cases start at $45 also. Adventure Beach is a great field run by great people. Please consider coming!

Last edited by Grazi07 : 01-07-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Grazi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:09 AM #14
deadpooll
Loudmouth

I play because a bunch of whackos let me have some of the most fun you can while shooting people. I mean, how can you not love playing with people who put the WTF back in paintball everytime out. That and they put up with all my crap.

Corporate Donors: Commissioned Credentials, ANS Gear, Zephyr Paintball
deadpooll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:13 AM #15
STeeCHfinger
Kickin Kick KIck

if you have ever met my team and my friends. you know why i play! Forefront!
http://www.forefrontpb.com
STeeCHfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:31 AM #16
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
BarneyNY is a Supporting Member
BarneyNY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Pod Juice!! LOL

For the Friendship, camping and people you meet. It's the only thing close to when I was in the military. Besides, it's a great game to play when you're putting wits against other good players. Than sit down and have a pod juice and brag or not about the game old and new.
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
BarneyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:23 PM #17
TOT Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyNY View Post
Pod Juice!! LOL

For the Friendship, camping and people you meet. It's the only thing close to when I was in the military. Besides, it's a great game to play when you're putting wits against other good players. Than sit down and have a pod juice and brag or not about the game old and new.
I like the competition. Go out and slug it out for an entire event leaving everything on the field then shaking hands with the other side and having a beer.
Proudly Sponsored By: First Strike Paintball, Deadlywind Paintball, FogDoc, and Flurry Industries
TOT Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:40 PM #18
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I found scenario accidently while looking for a WW2 reenacting unit to join. I found a random Stalingrad scenario and decided to try it out. It was so much fun I decided to stay with it for a while. Then I started meeting the people who made up the scenario community and realized they were my kind of people, so I'm still here. The format is fun, relaxing while being physically challenging, and it gets me outdoors. I do woodsball tourney because it is the perfect paintball mix: the competition of speedball with the mature attitudes and honesty of scenario.
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:31 PM #19
^Hawk^
Disciple - The Book of TB

^Hawk^ supports Sherwood Forest
I like making grown men cry like babies.....
"No, we need an Anti-Sportsmanship Day. A day where groin punches, eye pokes and foreign objects in the wrestling tights will be encouraged. Call it the Ric Flairification of this country. No wonder our American automotive industry is getting killed, we’re afraid to throw sand in the eyes of the foreign automotive makers.

And it stems from stuff like National Sportsmanship Day. Well I love America too much to let Sportsmanship ruin us. The Hater Nation implores all of you patriots to throw an elbow in your pickup game. Maybe go spikes high in your softball game.

In other words, be a proud American."
^Hawk^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:51 PM #20
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
BarneyNY is a Supporting Member
BarneyNY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Hawk^ View Post
I like making grown men cry like babies.....
Yeah being 7 foot tall can do that. JK Hawk, good to see you post again. And I say 7 foot tall because to me that's how tall you look. LOL
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
BarneyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:01 PM #21
Pyrate Jim

1. People don't hug me at tournaments.
2. I tend to make a spectacle of myself. Scenario allows me to express my theatrical talents, and I get to play in costume!

3. Most important, why I went from tourney to scenario in the first place.I found the entry fees to be near identical, and a tournament would guarantee eight 10-minute games (more if you made the cut) but a scenario gave me a full day or even two of being on the field.
So it was a financial move to begin with, buying more minutes of play for my dollar and I found I was happier playing with/against people who were friends rather than rival teams.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

Last edited by Pyrate Jim : 01-07-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups