Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2010, 05:59 PM #22
prien007
Sneaky
 
prien007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
prien007 plays in the APPA D4 division
prien007 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
prien007 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This topic is just crazy. PSP dropped to ball in my opinion. They had affectively changed the way we play in a positive way, but now are backing away from that? There is no reason we should go back and this silences all the reasons we moved in this direction to begin with. It is only less obvious because we are comparing 10 to 12 or 15 if you prefer. The real comparison is that we are enjoying a more sustainable version of tournament pb now than what we had before. Further more, this logic implies that uncapped semi>turbo>15 ramping>13.3 ramp>12.5 ramp> 10.5 ramp and so forth and this is simply not the case.
__________________
I'm ready to win d10.....
prien007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2010, 08:49 PM #23
govols18
D-Marb
 
govols18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
govols18 plays in the PSP
govols18 is an NCPA player
govols18 is an NCPA National Champion
govols18 plays in the APPA D4 division
well its official guys, SEPS is moving to 15 bps this season. cant wait guys!
__________________
Tennessee Volunteers #18

2010-2011 Class A National Champions


Troopers
govols18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 PM #24
war_kid
NK NK NK NK NK
 
war_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 859
war_kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
war_kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
war_kid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYECASTDAD View Post
No i was not one of them .. i was more asking a question about the subject than making a statement. Im still in a major learning stage. Sorry to affend.
joey was tlking to bart. not you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govols18 View Post
well its official guys, SEPS is moving to 15 bps this season. cant wait guys!
I hope your kidding.

12.5 across the board for all divisions. whats the point in playing in 15? why not 12.5 like the psp? (which is actually a 5 man series) if we wanted to model this series after the uspl/nppl then we might as well change the league to 7 man. modeling a 5 man series after a 7 man series is ****ing stupid.

do 12.5 across the board for all division like the psp and incorporate the psp 5 man rules. joey's idea was great, use this rof and the psp rules and then try to make this a psp 5 man feeder league. This would be the best thing for the league. period.
__________________
Quitting Sale. OG sh*t. Look here, you know you want to...
R.I.P Thirdeye Paintball
war_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:18 PM #25
bcpudge7
iSPY Photography
 
bcpudge7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Glasgow, Ky
bcpudge7 is a Paintball photographer
bcpudge7 supports Cereal Killerz 2
bcpudge7 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.m@cc625 View Post
how do u know, im sure u werent one of them.
Joey, How would you know when I started playing? Seeing as how I was playing in early 2006, I would in fact know how it is to play 15. Just because I haven't played in a year doesn't mean i've never played. No need to judge and assume when it's a simple opinion on my part.

Bart Roberts.
bcpudge7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:42 PM #26
barndawg
Dirty South Killers Capt
 
barndawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Horn Lake
barndawg supports Team VICIOUS
barndawg supports Team VICIOUS
barndawg posts videos on PbNation
barndawg plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by govols18 View Post
well its official guys, SEPS is moving to 15 bps this season. cant wait guys!


Can we confirm this ?
__________________
Machine Vapor


Back Player Gang

Sponsored BY
PaintballBunkerOnline
http://www.paintballbunkeronline.com
barndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:03 PM #27
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self
 
teamsilentassassins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins plays in the APPA D3 division
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The biggest reason behind keeping it 12.5 instead of 15 is money. Paint companies can't give away as much pait as we can shoot anymore, which is the primary reason behind the ROF drops. Going back up to 15 with the economy still in it's present state would only lead back to the problems faced 3 years ago, then it'd drop again, and again, until it's 12.5 anyways. Also, paintball players who don't get free paint, such as myself, can clearly shoot more paint at 15 than 12.5. Some might think that a 2.5 difference is miniscule, but any player knows the amount they paid 3 years ago for cases in a tournament are less than they are now. Why? Shooting less per second. That;s the entire point behind the drop, so, for right now anyways, going back up to 15, although it may be desired by some, will only lead to the problems faced as early as 2007.

Baker
Livewire
__________________
LIVEWIRE

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:04 PM #28
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self
 
teamsilentassassins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins plays in the APPA D3 division
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by barndawg View Post
Can we confirm this ?
No, that's wrong. The www.pspevents.com clearly states it's 12.5 across the board.

"PSP has received overwhelmingly positive feedback regarding the recently announced improvements for the 2010 season. PSP has also received comments from many players who were hoping for a 12.5 bps rate of fire limit to be extended through all divisions. In PSP’s continued effort to provide the players with the playing experience they desire and have asked for, PSP will standardize the rate of fire limit for all divisions at 12.5 bps for the 2010 season."

And the SEPS is in conjunction with the PSP, unless they've decided against that since November.
__________________
LIVEWIRE

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:58 PM #29
govols18
D-Marb
 
govols18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
govols18 plays in the PSP
govols18 is an NCPA player
govols18 is an NCPA National Champion
govols18 plays in the APPA D4 division
lighten up fellas, have some fun
__________________
Tennessee Volunteers #18

2010-2011 Class A National Champions


Troopers
govols18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:18 PM #30
ollielangjr
DSA
 
ollielangjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tennessee
ollielangjr plays in the PSP
ollielangjr is playing at Living Legends III
ollielangjr owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ollielangjr supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by govols18 View Post
well its official guys, SEPS is moving to 15 bps this season. cant wait guys!
Chill guys, its just Benny bein Benny. False alarm.
__________________
LIVEWIRE
SPONSORED BY
MACDEV TNKD PINOKIO DERDER CK KM STRAPS EXALT ASYLUM




ollielangjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:14 PM #31
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self
 
teamsilentassassins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins plays in the APPA D3 division
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm just making sure I have everything right as well.
__________________
LIVEWIRE

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:37 AM #32
AJUprising
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
AJUprising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AJUprising supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollielangjr View Post
Chill guys, its just Benny bein Benny. False alarm.
Actually that was Joey being Joey. And from someone who played PSP and NPPL when the only caps were how fast your fingers moved or how good your cheater board was here is my opinion....

In terms of overshooting you will hear equal amounts of *****ing and moaning whether its 10 or 100 balls a second...why you ask??? Because too many vaginas play paintball.

As for SEPS, there is no relationship to psp. With that said, the league can either use the same rate they did last year, match psp, or come up with something unique. Its up to those running the league, and trust me, those individuals are MORE than competent. So just sit back, relax, and let the smart people decide (Brent, Mark, etc) and all you dummies just follow the rules once they do.
AJUprising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:18 AM #33
Vice Versa
Travis Pennington
 
Vice Versa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tennessee
Annual Supporting Member
Vice Versa is a Paintball photographer
Vice Versa plays in the PSP
Vice Versa plays in the APPA D3 division
Vice Versa is Boss
Vice Versa is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJUprising View Post
Actually that was Joey being Joey. And from someone who played PSP and NPPL when the only caps were how fast your fingers moved or how good your cheater board was here is my opinion....

In terms of overshooting you will hear equal amounts of *****ing and moaning whether its 10 or 100 balls a second...why you ask??? Because too many vaginas play paintball.

As for SEPS, there is no relationship to psp. With that said, the league can either use the same rate they did last year, match psp, or come up with something unique. Its up to those running the league, and trust me, those individuals are MORE than competent. So just sit back, relax, and let the smart people decide (Brent, Mark, etc) and all you dummies just follow the rules once they do.
No need for name calling.
__________________
I'm an O.G. Member of:
MoonMen | 65 Astronauts | Vice Versa | VSB

VSB Lord on deck. Respect and salute your superior officer, kids.
Vice Versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:49 AM #34
DYECASTDAD
 
 
DYECASTDAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
DYECASTDAD helped look for balloons
15 for seps.. is this official ?
__________________
SUPPORTED
AnsGear.com
Furious Paintball
Guerrilla Air
DYECASTDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:02 AM #35
4banger
AP Factory
 
4banger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
4banger plays in the PSP
4banger donated to help Peyton Trent
4banger plays in the APPA D3 division
nope. It is in discussion and will announce soon. Please be patient, the first SEPS is only two months away. Schedule will be released first, then upgrades, then rulebook. Thanks,

mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYECASTDAD View Post
15 for seps.. is this official ?
__________________
South Eastern Paintball Series
2010 and 2011 SEPS Open Series Champions
2012 we sucked and were 2nd overall open series.
65 South/AP Factory Sponsored by Ourselves now. lol
4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:27 AM #36
Collin50060
@cepcherry
 
Collin50060's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Memphis
Collin50060 is a Professional paintball player
Collin50060 plays in the PSP
Collin50060 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by barndawg View Post
Can we confirm this ?
No, I know you know better than that. It's going to be 12. It's the other half of a PSP feeder series.
__________________
Chattanooga CEP
Dye Precision
University of Memphis

Collin50060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:08 AM #37
DYECASTDAD
 
 
DYECASTDAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
DYECASTDAD helped look for balloons
Patiently waiting on those three things...
__________________
SUPPORTED
AnsGear.com
Furious Paintball
Guerrilla Air
DYECASTDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:24 PM #38
SithKnightBB
WKY Baller
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Murray, KY
 has been a member for 10 years
I know it doesn't count for anything but my vote is 10.5 D4/5 and 12.5 for D3.
__________________
Skills that Kills
PICS Play SEPS
Luxe, Shocker, Ripper, G6R, ABomb Sale
I PLAY AT Wizardland! YOU SHOULD TOO!
Brett
GEAR for sale! MORE GEAR
SithKnightBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:45 PM #39
underpressure69
Asylum What !!!!!
 
underpressure69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
underpressure69 plays in the PSP
underpressure69 plays in the APPA D3 division
hell no 12.5 d4 and 15 open
__________________
-Abilene Addiction D3x-
-Powered By: Kee, Hk, Virtue-
-H4tersGonnaH4te-
underpressure69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:58 PM #40
DYECASTDAD
 
 
DYECASTDAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
DYECASTDAD helped look for balloons
Why not just 12.5 for all. ?
__________________
SUPPORTED
AnsGear.com
Furious Paintball
Guerrilla Air
DYECASTDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:24 PM #41
4banger
AP Factory
 
4banger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
4banger plays in the PSP
4banger donated to help Peyton Trent
4banger plays in the APPA D3 division
I think one of the biggest things for me is consistency. Changing the rate of fire from 15, then 13.3, then 10.5, then 12.5 in 5 short years is crazy. We all can play these events at any of these rates of fire. i believe in being consistant and providing reliable structure that the players and teams can count on. I've played all these events and all rates of fire. my personal favorite is uncapped semi. Not going to happen again though due to the inconsistencies in the guns. Cheater boards, bouncing guns and triggers, etc. Do not want to deal with the drama there again. It was awesome but is the past. My second favorite ROF is PSP 15. Made the game more fun for me and I shot alot of people. I don't think that is a reality though for the SEPS. Most likely, we will stay where we are at unless our opinions change. Brent, Kevin and I will work through this issue shortly and post it up.

I do believe that keeping the rof's for the novice and open different is a good dynamic for the teams and divisions. Whatever is decided and implemented, we will continue to listen to our players and teams to make the best decision for our league and sport.

Thank you for your input. I do encourage any kind of discussion, whether good or bad. If at anytime any player needs to address an issue and does not feel like posting it on here, please email me and I will discuss it with you. Thanks,

mark
__________________
South Eastern Paintball Series
2010 and 2011 SEPS Open Series Champions
2012 we sucked and were 2nd overall open series.
65 South/AP Factory Sponsored by Ourselves now. lol
4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:31 PM #42
underpressure69
Asylum What !!!!!
 
underpressure69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
underpressure69 plays in the PSP
underpressure69 plays in the APPA D3 division
i like the idea of race to 2
__________________
-Abilene Addiction D3x-
-Powered By: Kee, Hk, Virtue-
-H4tersGonnaH4te-
underpressure69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump