Old 01-09-2010, 12:23 AM #22
ndzshocker293
Fork

ndzshocker293 is playing at Living Legends III
ndzshocker293 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ndzshocker293 supports Team VICIOUS
bad series no one play this pts shens.

BEST!>OTB Productions<BEST!

Last edited by ndzshocker293 : 01-13-2010 at 11:00 AM.
ndzshocker293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2010, 06:47 AM #23
ncognito
Been around the block

I am the captain of Vendetta, 2nd place overall on the abbreviated season...

I never saw a "flier" and never heard anything announced about there being no series prizes. Not in the captains meeting, not on any e-mails, not any time. I certainly was not given the choice between turf or series prizes!!!! E-mails – phone calls – inquiries about prizes went unanswered through out the season and I know that I am not alone in that.

Series prizes had been announced and then reaffirmed by Mike Pev. himself in a post that is quoted all over here.

Winning a PTS event was a break even for teams after entry, paint, ID cards, and travel. I can not speak for every team but Vendetta played for the love of the sport, the competiton of solid teams, and the SERIES PRIZES as the event prizes did not justify the expense... I envy those of you that can afford to enter a tourney you have no chance of even breaking even at purely for the love of it. My bank account, and that of my team mates, is not that deep! It was a struggle to put the money together to play.

Am I shocked by getting screwed – sadly no....

Am I happy about getting screwed, having Mike step up and state that prizes would be paid out, and then screwed again - NOT AT ALL!!!!!

I have tried to take the high road on posts and e-mails to Mike and this forum in hopes that maturity won out. No more.

It blows my mind that a business / business owner can do something like this in this economy!!! The customer is not "always right" but the customer is NEEDED.

Turf fields are nice. Very nice. However I will play on gravel if I am being treated right and promises are being kept. I will never play your turf again nor park in your lot nor send anyone your way. The paintball community is tight knit. Word travels and reputations earned and destroyed by this sort of crap. The outright lies do not make the turf feel any better than the gravel in the parking lot... Hears hoping there is something to the concept of Karma Mike.
Right Apparel & Head Gear
Proud to be rocking a Pinokio in 09
BIG L's Paintball Plus

Last edited by ncognito : 01-15-2010 at 07:14 AM.
ncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:58 AM #24
DigitalLifeDS
Digital Arts / Web Design

DigitalLifeDS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DigitalLifeDS supports Team VICIOUS
DigitalLifeDS supports Pev's Paintball
Wow!

Well said!
DigitalLifeDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:24 AM #25
azndragon2222
Daiguren Hyōrinmaru

azndragon2222 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
azndragon2222 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
azndragon2222 posts videos on PbNation
azndragon2222 plays in the APPA D5 division
azndragon2222 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncognito View Post

I never saw a "flier" and never heard anything announced about there being no series prizes. Not in the captains meeting, not on any e-mails, not any time. I certainly was not given the choice between turf or series prizes!!!! E-mails – phone calls – inquiries about prizes went unanswered through out the season and I know that I am not alone in that.

Series prizes had been announced and then reaffirmed by Mike Pev. himself in a post that is quoted all over here.

Winning a PTS event was a break even for teams after entry, paint, ID cards, and travel. I can not speak for every team but Vendetta played for the love of the sport, the competiton of solid teams, and the SERIES PRIZES as the event prizes did not justify the expense... I envy those of you that can afford to enter a tourney you have no chance of even breaking even at purely for the love of it. My bank account, and that of my team mates, is not that deep! It was a struggle to put the money together to play.

Am I shocked by getting screwed – sadly no....

Am I happy about getting screwed, having Mike step up and state that prizes would be paid out, and then screwed again - NOT AT ALL!!!!!

I have tried to take the high road on posts and e-mails to Mike and this forum in hopes that maturity won out. No more.

It blows my mind that a business / business owner can do something like this in this economy!!! The customer is not "always right" but the customer is NEEDED.

Turf fields are nice. Very nice. However I will play on gravel if I am being treated right and promises are being kept. I will never play your turf again nor park in your lot nor send anyone your way. The paintball community is tight knit. Word travels and reputations earned and destroyed by this sort of crap. The outright lies do not make the turf feel any better than the gravel in the parking lot... Hears hoping there is something to the concept of Karma Mike.

as a former member of BC Renegades, 1st place overall in the 3-man PTS Rookie Division, i approve of this.
Team STATIC
R.I.P. Team Prodigy + Prophecy-Team Misfortune-B.C. Renegades

Last edited by azndragon2222 : 01-15-2010 at 02:36 PM.
azndragon2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:27 PM #26
MaIrons

He summed up how every single PTS teams feLt with that post.

Robbed.

The Lifestyle Army -- USPL/d2

<3'n pev's
MaIrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:21 PM #27
mitchega

mitchega supports Cereal Killerz 2
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncognito View Post

I never saw a "flier" and never heard anything announced about there being no series prizes. Not in the captains meeting, not on any e-mails, not any time. I certainly was not given the choice between turf or series prizes!!!! E-mails phone calls inquiries about prizes went unanswered through out the season and I know that I am not alone in that.

Am I shocked by getting screwed sadly no....

mitchega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:57 PM #28
1max2nv

1max2nv plays in the APPA D5 division
They make most of their revenue from rec/woodsballers. All it takes is 2 refs to run a private party of 30 people. Company outings, kids bdays bring in more money. It takes like 10 people to run a PTS tourney and clean up afterwards. We can complain all we want but it's a losing deal for PEVs. Nothing is going to change. Pick up another sport. Basketball is pretty cheap to play. Don't play paintball if your mommy and daddy are not loaded. Don't play paintball if you don't have a job and alot of disposible income.

Last edited by 1max2nv : 01-19-2010 at 12:07 AM.
1max2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 AM #29
Pev

Pev is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pev works for a Paintball manufacturer
Pev supports Pev's Paintball
On this past Friday, I was finally delivered the all the PTS Info, Scores, and Standings from the group that ran the 2009 PTS for Pevs. During the 2009 Season, Series Prizes were never offered or advertised due to weak economy which resulted in lack of Prizes Sponsors. The only mention of prizes were for each event and those prizes were based upon a minimum of 25 teams. However, only 2 of eight events had the 25 teams, yet event prizes were still issued for ALL 8 EVENTS.

After much thought and discussion I have the following comment: ONLY because of some previous years of the PTS, Pev's provided series prizes, I have decided to offer a simple Series Prize Package for 2009. Keep in mind, Pev's NEVER offered series prizes for 2009 and teams were made aware at the beginning of the season. These Prizes are non-negotiable and for those teams who wish to continue your slanderous threats, please feel free. If you choose to not participate in the 2010 PTS, it's your choice.

Prize Pick Up Meeting:
Prizes must be picked up in person on Sunday January 31, 2010 at Pev's Paintball Park Aldie from 11am to 2pm. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Must show your Players ID Card.

Here are the 2009 Team Rankings by Division and Format:
5-man Standings

1. DCK 241
2. Vendetta 202
3. Justice Kidz 136
4. Baltimore Retaliation 134
5. Devastation 108
6. Jagerbombers 99
7. Rosedale Justice League 87
8. SMP Grey 68
9. DC Supremacy 60
10. Syndicate 45
11. Rendered Unstable 44
12. Off to Men 28
13. Deception 20
14. Opression 12
14. VA Hostiles 12

PTS 3-man standings after 10/25/09

1. Syndicate Black 484
2. Dirty Sanchez 275
3. The G, B & U/Rusty Ballz 175
4. The Empire Strikes Back 100
5. BC Renegades 67
6. Panda Express 75
6. Justice League 50
6. Bojangles 50
6. Xplicit 50
6. Off to Men 50
11. Toxic Shock 25
11. Iron Legion 25
11. Snap, Crackle & Pop 25

Novice

1. VA Crush 571
2. Gryffindor 389.25
3. Last Minute Ballers/3 sexy Men 365.5
4. Destruction 312.5
5. Justice Kidz Black 251.25
6. Syndicate White 266
7. Armed Intensity 168
8. CPC 118
9. Spriggs 94
10. .68 Special 85.75
11. .68 Caliber 67
12. 703 Army 55
13. Black Flag 37
14. Rock n Cocks 28
15. Sideways Shooters 19
16. Pizza Time Spectacular 16

Rookie

1. BC Renegades 722.5
2. Team Dare 660
3. Total Eclipse 456
4. Disturbed 346
5. Mighty Ducks 311.5
6. In Control 247
7. Justice Kidz Gold 164
8. Fatality 123
9. Anamosity 118
10. Justice League 2 100
11. BLT 90
12. Those Guys 84.5
13. Toxaphene 80
14. RC Revolution 78
15. Team Nubcakes 77.5
16. Fallen Angels 2 70
17. DOA 62.5
18. Megasorasz 61
19. Deception 60
20. Unknown 54
21. 7th Element 50
21. Cosa Nostra 50
23. AMW 48
24. Langley Saxons 46
25. Fatality Kidz 38.5
26. Poloholics 37.5
27. Freestyle 35
28. Fallen Angels 30
29. Upfall 25
29. OUI 25
31. Priceless 22
32. Black Mags 20
33. Saints of Hell 16
34. Spriggs 2 15.5
35. Triple Threat 12.5
35. Blew Balls 12.5
35. Newbreed 12.5
38. Crack City Ballers 10
39. Nokesville Wolves 9
40. Vendetta 7

Here are the Prize Packages:

2009 PTS Overall Series Prizes

5 Man D5 Division
1st Place = 3 Entry Fees to 2010 PTS & 5 cases of paint per event for 3 events. ($1650 Value)
2nd Place = 2 Entry Fees to 2010 PTS & 1 case of paint per event per event for 2 events ($650 Value)
3rd Place = 1 Entry Fee to 2010 PTS ($250 Value)

3 Man Am Division
1st Place = 3 Entry Fees to 2010 PTS ($600 Value)
2nd Place = 2 Entry Fees to 2010 PTS ($400 Value)
3rd Place = 1 Entry Fee to 2010 PTS ($200 Value)

3 Man Novice Division
1st Place = 3 Entry Fees to 2010 PTS ($525 Value)
2nd Place = 2 Entry Fees to 2010 PTS ($350 Value)
3rd Place = 1 Entry Fee to 2010 PTS ($175 Value)

3 Man Rookie Division
1st Place = 3 Entry Fees to 2010 PTS ($450 Value)
2nd Place = 2 Entry Fees to 2010 PTS ($300 Value)
3rd Place = 1 Entry Fee to 2010 PTS ($150 Value)

Prize Pick Up Meeting:
Prizes must be picked up in person on Sunday January 31, 2010 at Pev's Paintball Park Aldie from 11am to 2pm. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Must show your Players ID Card.
Pev is offline   Reply With Quote