Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-04-2010, 08:57 PM #1
MaIrons

Update -- pts series prizes

I went in earlier this week and spoke with whom I believe is Todd pev ... Idk either so I can only go on my assumption.

For those of you who believe we are gonna get
screwed your right. Pev asserts that they made no such post
promising series prizes. His exact words were "don't believe anything you read on the nation".

Once again the society of players who support you and your business are getting reemed hard in the butt. I have receipts totalling over four grand in paint and field charges at the retail price -- ie banking off my ***. I will be taking my hard earned money elsewhere ...

I'm a business major at tech -- senior year about to grad with a 3.5 gpa ... Will someone tell me where Or how they incurred such outlandish overhead costs such that they are incapable to give anything
back? How do they expect this to pay off at all? Let's piss off those that have kept us standing and bought us our new ford fully loaded super duty shortbed pickup with fat rims and a suspension lift.

It's gonna be sad to leave a good deal of friends behind but this is beyond outrageous

The Lifestyle Army -- USPL/d2

<3'n pev's
MaIrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 PM #2
MaIrons

Just as a reminder to all those who read this -- pev saying that series priEs will exist is the last sent of the paragraph. The full thread can be found here http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3259284&page=2
his last post shown below

"This is my last comment. there is not doubt Marty and Tracy are great people, they have helped Pevs out whenever they can. As well has Pevs has helped them out as well. I wish them the best of luck, its a shame they never came to me to tell me that they were leaving, i found it on pbnation.

There is more to every story but out of respect to those families, we will let the issue go.

and if you read my original post, the event was cancelled for mulitiple reasons, read it again, not just the team bailing, that was the final piece.

As for series prizes, they still will exist, we are working the out the details."

The Lifestyle Army -- USPL/d2

<3'n pev's
MaIrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 PM #3
teamdare

teamdare is playing at Living Legends III
teamdare owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
teamdare is for the Gunfight
i just wanted to say as a captain for team dare all season, i would not have brought out my team to every even, if i knew that the overall points didnt mean anything. Thanks to Pevs for all their support. I know that I wont be playing next season. Tanny Town or anywhere else, here we come.

i speak for team dare and like the person above stated, we have spent thousands.
teamdare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:55 PM #4
CatsHateWater
Roll Out!

Well that's what happens when you're hundred of thousands of dollars in debt to Procaps.

If you really want, all of you that were promised series prizes could file a small claims suit against Pevs. Series prizes were promised at the beginning of the tournament season by Pevs and they did not deliver. This isn't the first time this has happened either. A few years back I remember one team won the series (I forget what division) and were given different (lower quality) guns that were promised by Pevs at the beginning of the season. Pevs even went as far as changing the original post on their website to say that the guns promised at the beginning of the season were in fact the lower quality guns in order to cover their own *****.

The last thing that Pevs wants now is a lawsuit on their hands. They've already spent way too much time in court over the years. I'm sure if you threaten some legal action they will deliver on their series prizes. If you decide to go down that road, be sure to quickly get some hard evidence that season prizes were promised before anything gets deleted online.

If not, slandering the PTS name is always a viable, yet juvenile, option.

Best of luck .
CatsHateWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:59 AM #5
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
Yeah Drew thats why I didnt play last year. We were given 2 PM7's instead of 3 DM7's. I feel your pain, I have spent over 15 grand there. The reason however for giving us the PM7's was that 2 teams were tied for first and then the last event was cancelled due to not having enough teams sign up. But we should have played for it or something. Or they should have dropped our lowest score. Either way, if the prizes were better, then more teams would sign up. Pevs is the best field in the area but i dislike how they are run.
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:04 AM #6
paintsprayerrr

I think in the past that a lot of prizes from the old PTS's were supplied by sponsors, although I know most were given by Pevs. During the first few years at AG, the prizes were always given as promised and they were really legit. I miss those days. I remember getting like a 68/4500 and a barrel or a mask and gearbag, or a halo and clothes. I mean I would sell my prizes after the event and I would make a profit after taking out the money I spend for entry and paint.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:31 AM #7
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Invert O.G plays in the PSP
Invert O.G supports Team VICIOUS
Invert O.G plays in the APPA D4 division
Invert O.G supports Empire
All i can say is we all got screwed

LUXEMOB
Invert O.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:21 PM #8
azndragon2222
Daiguren Hyōrinmaru

azndragon2222 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
azndragon2222 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
azndragon2222 posts videos on PbNation
azndragon2222 plays in the APPA D5 division
azndragon2222 supports Empire
as a member (former) of BC Renegades, finishing (with regard to the last 2 events cancelled) and sustaining the 1st place position throughout the seasons was not an easy feat. i definitely feel like we've all been giped (sp?) and want nothing to do with the Pevs organization (or whatever you want to call it). we paid good hard earned money to participate in these tournaments and expect to receive something in return for a successful season and instead go home empty handed. i myself have played 3 seasons of the PTS on 3 different teams. all with the same results...event ends early, no season end prizes. enough is enough. as much as i love the field...this has just been too much for me to support a company who doesnt give back what we rightfully deserve and pay for.
Team STATIC
R.I.P. Team Prodigy + Prophecy-Team Misfortune-B.C. Renegades
azndragon2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:31 PM #9
DigitalLifeDS
Digital Arts / Web Design

DigitalLifeDS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DigitalLifeDS supports Team VICIOUS
DigitalLifeDS supports Pev's Paintball
My team was planning on attending the 2010 PTS however, what's the point of investing in a yearly tournament to just be let down in November or December.

I can honestly say that PEVs has left a bad taste in my mouth. Even though they may have the best field setup (for speedball) in the VA area, they are not very good to keeping to their word; nor are they loyal to their PAYING customers.

One would think that a company as big as PEVs would want to keep their paying customers happy so that they would want to attend their events and just not go up for one day of daily grind and slide on their turf field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear PEVs,

Loyalty is the willingness to make an investment or personal sacrifice to strengthen a relationship.

Without loyal customers it is harder to grow your business and more costly to service the customers you have. It is harder to grow your business because the best sources of new customers are referrals and positive comments from existing customers. If this source of new business dries up, your company either does not grow or must acquire new customers in a more costly fashion (i.e., expensive advertising, larger sales force, etc.). It is more costly to service disloyal customers because they are the ones who keep your employees busy with their complaints. Additionally, unhappy customers become more price-sensitive.

So, to sum it up, loyal customers are simply more profitable than customers who are not loyal and it is easier to grow your company when you retain loyal customers. And it is easier to have loyal customers when you have loyal organization.

So why be disloyal????

Sincerely,
Ex-Pevs Fan
DigitalLifeDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:31 PM #10
paintsprayerrr

It makes no sense to me why the wont give out the prizes. The better the prizes they give, the happier the customer and the more teams that sign up. The reason the number of 3 man teams died down is due to the quality of the individual event prizes. The reason 5 man failed is due to the prizes. I know Pevs can either afford the prizes themselves or get the PTS sponsored and give out prizes that they might be able to get for free.

By not giving out prizes, pevs loses money in the short term and the long term so I am confused as to why they would do this over and over.

I love playing at Pevs because it has the nicest airball fields in the area, but there are some things I will never understand.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM #11
DJLJS32
Maryland Shockwave

DJLJS32 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DJLJS32 supports Team VICIOUS
DJLJS32 plays in the APPA D4 division
My thoughts on the matter:

Mike was a pro player, how would he like to win the cup and all he gets is a paper saying good job!!!!! Sorry NO Prizes!!!!!

or a online stat saying his team was the best but they get nothing in return after spending thousands of dollars to play in the series!!!

Lets say on a bad turnout they have 10 teams that pay entry, buy paint, pick up new equipment every PTS month and that doesnt = Prizes? I know how to add and subtract and I know how to balance the Books!!!! It seems that Players/ teams are going in the red while they are going in the Black!!!!! So who is the winner? PEV's!!! Losers: All teams/ players, not just the winners of the series but all the teams.

Do you think the Pros play in the different series if they didnt get anything back in return. Do you thing their sponsor would want them to play in that series if their isnt anything in return.

Yes the USPL was great at Pev's field. But if they want people coming back to their events and partake of their tournments then they need to do what they say they will do. If you are going to give prizes then give prizes as you stated.
DJLJS32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:53 AM #12
paintsprayerrr

But even Pevs doesnt win in the situation. By not giving good legitimate prizes (or any at all), they are getting less teams to play in the PTS. This means less customers. The more teams that play in the PTS, the higher the paint sales, the higher the merchandise sales, the more players are out practicing on a given weekend, etc. If I were the owner of the business I would give good prizes to keep teams coming and to get more teams to come in the future.

Even from a business perspective this makes no sense to me. Everybody including Pev's loses.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:43 PM #13
teamdare

so what do you have to say about all this Mike and Todd?

or are we all just a lost cause to you. thanks for the support, you wont be getting mine anytime soon.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:45 PM #14
azndragon2222
Daiguren Hyōrinmaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdare View Post
so what do you have to say about all this Mike and Todd?

or are we all just a lost cause to you. thanks for the support, you wont be getting mine anytime soon.
They won't be getting mine either. Screw Pevs...you promise us this and that...and we end up with zip. Thanks for nothing...literally.
Team STATIC
Old 01-06-2010, 06:51 PM #15
ndzshocker293
Fork

ndzshocker293 is playing at Living Legends III
ndzshocker293 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ndzshocker293 supports Team VICIOUS
PTS = FAIL and Pev's is a scammer.
and its too expensive to play there so im done too.

BEST!>OTB Productions<BEST!
ndzshocker293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:30 PM #16
teamdare

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndragon2222 View Post
They won't be getting mine either. Screw Pevs...you promise us this and that...and we end up with zip. Thanks for nothing...literally.

we did end up with something, higher field charges and more expensive paint. so should be thankful
Old 01-07-2010, 05:19 PM #17
ndzshocker293
Fork

ndzshocker293 is playing at Living Legends III
ndzshocker293 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ndzshocker293 supports Team VICIOUS
^haha yeah that's the best prize ever

BEST!>OTB Productions<BEST!
ndzshocker293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:18 PM #18
TheCREAM31

TheCREAM31 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TheCREAM31 plays in the APPA D4 division
dang...got an old team back together for the 2010 Season. EPL and CFOA here we come. After all the news I'm hearing...participating at PTS is out of the question. Only event up there I'll be seen at is MAO, which I think is at Pev's this year.
FIRED UP PAINTBALL-RAZA-ANS GEAR
GEAR BAG SALE
TheCREAM31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:17 AM #19
DigitalLifeDS
Digital Arts / Web Design

DigitalLifeDS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DigitalLifeDS supports Team VICIOUS
DigitalLifeDS supports Pev's Paintball
Ok folks.... This is getting interesting... This conversation has moved to the PEVs FB page...

Pev's does publicly go on record stating that they will not give an overall series prize..... You will notice that on FB.... Also, the thread that started up everything is no longer visible..... Thatís even more interesting....

However, PEVs (Mike or Todd) did promise the winners of the 2009 PTS, that their will be series prizes. Please see below:
This is my last comment. there is not doubt Marty and Tracy are great people, they have helped Pevs out whenever they can. As well has Pevs has helped them out as well. I wish them the best of luck, its a shame they never came to me to tell me that they were leaving, i found it on pbnation.

There is more to every story but out of respect to those families, we will let the issue go.

and if you read my original post, the event was cancelled for mulitiple reasons, read it again, not just the team bailing, that was the final piece.

As for series prizes, they still will exist, we are working the out the details.

I honestly don't know what to say with regards to recent events and posts, other then I'm baffled. I've been on speaking terms with both Mike and Todd when I played at their field. Neither of which struck me as men who would go back on their word. Especially, after hearing how passionate Mike is to sport. So, I am completely shocked regarding this situation and over the fact that PBN (may have) moved/hid the original thread....
DigitalLifeDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:32 AM #20
azndragon2222
Daiguren Hyōrinmaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdare View Post
we did end up with something, higher field charges and more expensive paint. so should be thankful
fixed

as for the whole situation, i lost all respect for pevs. why not instead of trying to run one of those tactical tournaments and instead give us our damn prizes? they make it seem like this whole 2009 PTS Season never happened...
Team STATIC
Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 PM #21
mitchega

mitchega supports Cereal Killerz 2
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I was wondering where that thread link (the one that started it all) went...looks like PbN has become a willing participant in the cover up.
mitchega is offline   Reply With Quote