PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-11-2001, 07:47 PM #1
MaX pAyNe

has been a member for 10 years
Flatline : good or bad.

I might get the flatline barrle for my 98 custom, i'm not sure if i want to spend 100 bucks for it if it's not good. Any buddy have one. If so do you like it, is it good?
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2001, 01:24 AM #2
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

The Flatline barrel is great for what it does; adding distance to every shot. With the barrel you won't notice pinpoint or sniper accuracy, but you will at least have the range to hit the target. Use fresh paint and assemble the barrel correctly and you won't have the breaking problems a lot of people talk about.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Old 11-12-2001, 02:06 PM #3
MaX pAyNe

thanks, i know i wont get pin point accuracy but range is what i am really looking for.
Old 11-12-2001, 03:42 PM #4
fw190lanc
What's an Osama???

fw190lanc is a founding member
As long as you are a back player, they are great. I've heard some complain about them when they get stuck on a small speedball field. As long as the barrel is assembled straight up and down, and you hold the marker straight up and down, they will shoot farther than anything out there. If you tilt the marker to the side, you can get some wicked "curveballs" going. Of course, sometimes that is an advantage . There's nothing like shooting around bunkers to ruin an opponents day.

Another thing to keep in mind about the Flatline is that you don't simply unscrew it and squeegee it like you do other barrels. You'll have to run a squeegee throught the feed port on the side after unlatching the feed elbow. It's nothing major, but some people forget that fact. Also, not all squeegees will fit through the feed port.

Some people have reported that it can be picky about what paintballs shoot well through it. If you are stuck with a certain brand of field paint, you may want to check with Flatline owners and ask their opinion on how that paint shoots through the barrel.
Tippmann 98 Custom; 12" black CP one-piece barrel; 32 degrees RVA; Palmer female Stabilizer with ring mount;32 degrees coiled remote; Redz FlexTech 4+1 halfpack; green V-Force Shield; RT Kit; LP Valve, LP Chamber, & drilled out hammer
Old 11-12-2001, 09:40 PM #5
oldyellr7
Psycho by Nature

I played against a guy with the flat line and I was impressed he was putting shots in from way across the field. And I'm not talking lobs that bounce against bricks, I'm talking solid breaks. Definitaly worth the buy, but the size is a factor on speedball courses.