Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-12-2014, 02:10 PM #1
Jordanf75

Need help with impulse vision max flow regulator

I bought a 02-03 impulse vision from my friend for $100, he also gave me a 14 inch freak barrel kit, and brand new aluminum N2 tank. Im having problems with the max flow regulator. when i put the tank on, the psi gauge doesnt move at all. theres no pressure in the gun, so the only problem has to be the max flow regulator, i also brought it to a paintball field with a pro shop and they tried doing the same but they say the regulator must be defective, since i hear you have to put dow 33 in the gun and the regulator every 5000 shots or so. im guessing the previous owner did not do that. So what im asking is, is there any other problems that could cause this besides the regulator? and is there another regulator that will work on this gun, that you have tried before? Because people say "just buy a cp reg and throw it on there" I dont know why but that reg wont work for the gun i hear. if any one with experience with the classic impulses, please chime in, if you can. id appreciate it.

-J
Jordanf75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2014, 09:07 PM #2
Ken448
Meow

Ken448 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ken448 posts videos on PbNation
Ken448 supports Empire
Did the shop try another tank on the gun?
Is the pin in the reg activating the tank?
Is the tank FILLED?!?
Take the reg apart, they are simple! It should look like these:

Ken448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:40 AM #3
Skandelous

Its been years but if i remember correctly if the pin that fits into the black top hat is upside down ( flat end facing up ) it wont allow air to flow through the reg.
Skandelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:15 AM #4
freakspazzatazz
t(-_-t)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanf75 View Post
Is there another regulator that will work on this gun, that you have tried before? Because people say "just buy a cp reg and throw it on there" I dont know why but that reg wont work for the gun i hear. if any one with experience with the classic impulses, please chime in, if you can. id appreciate it.
I will answer this with pictures. This not only shows two regs I've personally used (and prefer) on my Impulse, but I also get to show off a little bit.

^Dye Hyper2^ v CP Regulator v
freakspazzatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:42 PM #5
StreetfighterX
Don't mess with the Imp

StreetfighterX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Is there a leak any where when you screw in the tank?

I have to ask if you adjusted the cap on the Maxflo? Go to ZDSPB.com, Impulse-Owners, and Youtube, there is plenty of info on Maxflo assembly and rebuilding.

Either way you are better off getting a CP or Shocker SFT reg. They are lighter, more comfortable, easier to maintain and adjust the velocity. I use a CP myself.