Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-09-2015, 04:40 AM #1
Mraptopoulos

smart parts impulse vision

I have a 2004 smart parts impulse vision and the gun is in mint condition but i have a slight problem when i turn on the gun into vision mode and try to shoot. The first shot fires completely fine and then won't fire another shot unless i switch it to the eyes off. But if i switch it back it vision it ill only fire on shot again. I don't understand why it's doing this. Why can't I use my vision. Very fustrating. It has a blackheart board in it as well if that means anything.

Last edited by Mraptopoulos : 09-09-2015 at 04:41 AM.
Mraptopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2015, 09:36 AM #2
StreetfighterX
Don't mess with an Imp

StreetfighterX supports Shocker RSX
Couple questions:
Obvious question but I have to ask it, you're taking out using vision, there is paint in the gun correct?
When you say it won't fire, is the solenoid clicking or is nothing happening at all?
Are you using a fresh battery?

((((O))))
StreetfighterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:09 AM #3
freakspazzatazz
t(-_-t)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetfighterX View Post
there is paint in the gun correct?
This was my first thought. Are we certain something is breaking the line of site between the eyes allowing the board to cycle?
freakspazzatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:13 PM #4
ReynardHonda

Did you ever find a solution. Same issue here but mine is the standard blue light board. Fresh name brand battery, paint in the gun. Vision mode fires one shot as its programmed to do and then will not fire another until I switch it back to vision off mode. I'm thinking the eye may be bad and just not sensing the paint.

Thoughts?
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
~Theodore Roosvelt
ReynardHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:09 AM #5
freakspazzatazz
t(-_-t)

I don't know if this will help, but I found the following information here:

Vision malfunction.
Verify that you are in Vision mode.
Replace the battery.
Remove the Vision eye from the body and check to see if it has been disconnected from the ribbon. If it is loose, then it will need to be repaired or replaced.
Inspect the connector between the main board and the Vision daughterboard. if any of the metal contacts are bent or destroyed, the effected board will need to be replaced.
Vision sensitivity is too light (green/amber boards only); increase sensitivity to compensate.
Paint shells are too rough and/or dark colored, and the breech sensor isn't detecting them. You must use a different color shell or upgrade the circuit board.

Marker fires even though nothing is in the chamber (Vision enabled).
Vision sensitivity is too heavy (green/amber boards only); decrease sensitivity to compensate.
freakspazzatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:35 PM #6
ReynardHonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakspazzatazz View Post
I don't know if this will help, but I found the following information here:

Vision malfunction.
Replace the battery.
Remove the Vision eye from the body and check to see if it has been disconnected from the ribbon. If it is loose, then it will need to be repaired or replaced.
Inspect the connector between the main board and the Vision daughterboard. if any of the metal contacts are bent or destroyed, the effected board will need to be replaced.
Vision sensitivity is too light (green/amber boards only); increase sensitivity to compensate.
Paint shells are too rough and/or dark colored, and the breech sensor isn't detecting them. You must use a different color shell or upgrade the circuit board.

Marker fires even though nothing is in the chamber (Vision enabled).
Vision sensitivity is too heavy (green/amber boards only); decrease sensitivity to compensate.
Thanks, brand new Duracell, tried a couple of different paint shells and all looks pretty good with the board and eye/ribbon. There is however, some corrosion on the back of the eye where it is soldered through the ribbon. I have a new eye/ribbon coming so I'll see if that fixes it and post the result once I have it installed.

Update:

New eye and works perfectly now.
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
~Theodore Roosvelt

Last edited by ReynardHonda : 01-13-2016 at 06:37 PM.
ReynardHonda is offline   Reply With Quote