Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2010, 09:52 PM #22
Absolutt (Banned)
Better than you.

someone who doesn't make contact 3/4 of the time isnt even going to be playing courses that have holes longer than 100 yards.
Absolutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:36 PM #23
Umi.AzmoudoHaiya!

Annual Supporting Member
Umi.AzmoudoHaiya! is a Professional paintball player
Umi.AzmoudoHaiya! plays in the PSP
Umi.AzmoudoHaiya! plays in the APPA Pro division
I enjoy that he laughed at the ping putter. Putters are what ever feel right, I'm a scratch junior golfer, and have used the same ping putter for the majority of time ive played golf. (6-7 years) people have tried to change my putter, ive tried it too, it doesn't work for me. Its whatever works for you.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:19 PM #24
paintballfreak45_2

paintballfreak45_2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballfreak45_2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If you want true quality, stay away from Oddysey. The inserts that they put in the faces of those putters are about a mm thick and are just superglued in there. Not a true insert at all.

Do look into Scotty Camerons, Rifes, Tp Mills, and a few of the Seemores.

However, if you are just getting into golf, then I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about your equipment.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:51 AM #25
Thor06

Thor06 helped look for balloons
Thor06 is playing at Living Legends III
Thor06 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thor06 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballfreak45_2 View Post
If you want true quality, stay away from Oddysey. The inserts that they put in the faces of those putters are about a mm thick and are just superglued in there. Not a true insert at all.
Maybe in the $25 putter, I know for a fact that's a lie for a majority of their putters.
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:24 PM #26
Absolutt (Banned)
Better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballfreak45_2 View Post

Do look into Scotty Camerons, Rifes, Tp Mills, and a few of the Seemores.

However, if you are just getting into golf, then I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about your equipment.
lol ok..

thats why the 3rd white hot i ripped out the face insert and its like a 1/4 of an inch thick?

if it was mm thick you'd feel the contact on impact you dummy

and lol @ scratch junior golfer Umi, sure you are.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:30 PM #27
Thor06

You should probably erase that last line of your post, because he really is.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:33 PM #28
Absolutt (Banned)
Better than you.

Lol yea ok.. i couldnt care less

99% of people who say they can break 100 cant

99.5% of people who say they are scratch golfers wont break par when they say they can

the scratch golfers i know are like 45-50 year old ex-club pro's and even they are fairly inconsistent if they aren't playing 3 rounds a week, i dont give some ****ing kid the benefit of the doubt of being a scratch golfer cause he says so because i find it highly doubtful.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:43 PM #29
Thor06

I'm not gonna stand up for him because I know he can do it himself, but he used to post in the real golf thread all the time.

Absolutt how old are you? Because nowadays a majority of most players on high school golf teams, shoot around par.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:47 PM #30
demonic_dimebag v4

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
I'm not claiming to be good, but I do hold my own. I played my first 2 years of varsity golf without golf shoes and was always under 45 which is pretty decent for high school golf around here. only about 1-2 kids if that will break 40. I just know that if I saw some kid with golf shoes that struggled to hit the ball, golf shoes must not be doing much good. The thought of getting golf shoes for me always meant the day i'm a real golfer. I got golf shoes mid season of my senior year of high school
Really? 45 around here wouldn't even make JV.
And don't just look for names on putters. Try as many out as possible and just find the one you like best. There are so many options for putters. Blade, 2 ball (3 balls are just dumb), standard length, belly putter, chest putter. Then you have the face. You can get a putter with a harder face, which, in my experience, gives me better distance control but not nearly as much feel. Then you have straight and offset shafts.

All of that is a ridiculous amount to try to decide what putter is for you. The best way to do it is to just try A LOT of different putters and see what you like best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutt View Post
Lol yea ok.. i couldnt care less

99% of people who say they can break 100 cant

99.5% of people who say they are scratch golfers wont break par when they say they can

the scratch golfers i know are like 45-50 year old ex-club pro's and even they are fairly inconsistent if they aren't playing 3 rounds a week, i dont give some ****ing kid the benefit of the doubt of being a scratch golfer cause he says so because i find it highly doubtful.
Just because you suck doesn't mean everybody does.
"Originally posted by Bandwagon Fan UNK: aww whos the lucky guy, will we be seeing you two on a match.com commercial? Yes bush is a better receiver than CJ, once again this forum is a joke for football talk. Go to a REAL football forum and youd clowns be laughed off, thats why you all gather to this pos paintball forum who the **** plays paintball anyway, to talk football when no ones played, and no one knows **** just watchs espn. Its so funny its entertaining which is why i keep comeing back, keep owning and keep makeing kids stick remote controlls up their *** in their anger."
demonic_dimebag v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:54 PM #31
Absolutt (Banned)
Better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor06 View Post
I'm not gonna stand up for him because I know he can do it himself, but he used to post in the real golf thread all the time.

Absolutt how old are you? Because nowadays a majority of most players on high school golf teams, shoot around par.
i'm 23, i shoot high 80's, low 80's on a good day
Old 02-06-2010, 04:09 PM #32
paintballfreak45_2

paintballfreak45_2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballfreak45_2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
lol ok..

thats why the 3rd white hot i ripped out the face insert and its like a 1/4 of an inch thick?

if it was mm thick you'd feel the contact on impact you dummy

and lol @ scratch junior golfer Umi, sure you are.
Okay. Millimeter was a tad bit of an exaggeration, but you proved my point exactly. They fall out.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:45 PM #33
Absolutt (Banned)
Better than you.

well i've got 3 white hots, and the one that fell out only got pulled out because i smashed it into a green and the face peeled back, i love my 2 ball

of course a $300 scotty cameron is going to be better, but i like the white hots alot.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:49 PM #34
demonic_dimebag v4

Putters are all feel. A price tag doesn't make it any better.
"Originally posted by Bandwagon Fan UNK: aww whos the lucky guy, will we be seeing you two on a match.com commercial? Yes bush is a better receiver than CJ, once again this forum is a joke for football talk. Go to a REAL football forum and youd clowns be laughed off, thats why you all gather to this pos paintball forum who the **** plays paintball anyway, to talk football when no ones played, and no one knows **** just watchs espn. Its so funny its entertaining which is why i keep comeing back, keep owning and keep makeing kids stick remote controlls up their *** in their anger."
Old 02-06-2010, 04:56 PM #35
Absolutt (Banned)
Better than you.

cheap putters have no feel

therefor price does matter

Vokey wedges are $135 and -never- go on sale, there's a reason why.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:01 PM #36
demonic_dimebag v4

I have confidence that I could putt better than you using a Dunlop putter if you were to use a Cameron.

Buying an expensive putter won't make you any better if you don't have good form.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:10 PM #37
Absolutt (Banned)
Better than you.

Lol no **** you probably could because I don't use a Cameron but I'd put almost anything on the line with my white hot 2-ball because I'm used to it

more expensive clubs are are pricier for a reason
Old 02-06-2010, 05:53 PM #38
demonic_dimebag v4

Quote:
Lol no **** you probably could because I don't use a Cameron but I'd put almost anything on the line with my white hot 2-ball because I'm used to it

more expensive clubs are are pricier for a reason
Thanks for being a douche about it. What I meant by that was you could have the most expensive putter in the world but I still think I could beat you in a putting competition as I practice putting more than any other part of my game. I get to the course an hour and a half before my tee time every time for that exact reason. Putting is more mechanics and being able to repeat your same stroke every time than anything else.

The difference in quality of a putter is nowhere near that of say a Bridgestone B330-s (my ball of choice) and a Top Flite. It's not that cut and dry.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:14 PM #39
Absolutt (Banned)
Better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonic_dimebag v4 View Post
Thanks for being a douche about it. What I meant by that was you could have the most expensive putter in the world but I still think I could beat you in a putting competition as I practice putting more than any other part of my game. I get to the course an hour and a half before my tee time every time for that exact reason. Putting is more mechanics and being able to repeat your same stroke every time than anything else.

The difference in quality of a putter is nowhere near that of say a Bridgestone B330-s (my ball of choice) and a Top Flite. It's not that cut and dry.
sure ill agree with that, the difference between a $100 and a $300 club is very little and only better golfers will notice the difference, or be able to take true advantage of it, but the feel and lie of a club also puts confidence in a player, and generally higher quality clubs do have a better feel/look to them next to a ball then a cheaper club, that factor alone can be enough to influence a lesser players game through confidence

although for a decent player such as myself, playing with my vokey wedges and Pro V1's is a huggeee difference in my short game compared to using some older wedge with pinnacle's
Old 02-06-2010, 06:32 PM #40
Thor06

This thread makes me want to play, haha. Still have to wait like probably 3 months, plus I still want new irons, but that's not gonna happen.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:34 PM #41
demonic_dimebag v4

I'm still nursing a broken wrist that hasn't quite fully healed yet. I had to sit out all last season because I tweaked it before it fully healed....so I probably won't do that again lol.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:56 PM #42
Absolutt (Banned)
Better than you.

ive got my set good to go, even got a steal on an adam's idea hybrid, had a gift card to a local course for $150, tried the demo hybrid that was listed at $179, told the club pro i liked it alot, he talked to his boss and gave me the $239 one for $170

that, and the addition of my 62 deg vokey is gonna be great for my short game

gotta hit up the flea market around here soon though, this guy there sells slightly used pro V1's for 25 and 50 cents, me and a buddy go in there and rape him for all his expensive balls lol, one time I probably had about $150 in Pro V1's and Nike oneplatinum and it cost me $25