Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 04:24 PM #253
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
It's been raining even harder lately, but it's supposed to be nice this weekend so it should be good enough to go.
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2010, 10:34 PM #254
Mr.jon
Goodbye Vietnam
 
Mr.jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wilmington, nc
I wish i was consistent enough to play 9 holes. I hope i am able to by the end of may.
__________________
insert here
Mr.jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:38 PM #255
FHS JewFro
black AND white
 
FHS JewFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: never move to, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.jon View Post
I wish i was consistent enough to play 9 holes. I hope i am able to by the end of may.
i hope i can hit consistently by the end of the summer
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:20 PM #256
QuailMan
 
 
QuailMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.jon View Post
I wish i was consistent enough to play 9 holes. I hope i am able to by the end of may.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post
i hope i can hit consistently by the end of the summer
We all hope for consistency, lol. No matter what your handicap.
__________________
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me
PSN: Bar-B-Jew
QuailMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:50 PM #257
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.jon View Post
I wish i was consistent enough to play 9 holes. I hope i am able to by the end of may.
just go and play man. I think the best way to learn is by playing. The range is nice, but the elements at play on the course don't translate well to the range. Get out there and ****ing play. If you shoot 70 over 9, who cares?
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:18 PM #258
QuailMan
 
 
QuailMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
just go and play man. I think the best way to learn is by playing. The range is nice, but the elements at play on the course don't translate well to the range. Get out there and ****ing play. If you shoot 70 over 9, who cares?
What he said. Just don't slow people down behind you. If people catch up, let them play through and go about your business.
__________________
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me
PSN: Bar-B-Jew
QuailMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:43 PM #259
Absolutt (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Scotsdale Tom for 5 days, 6 rounds during that time at 3 courses.. :/

it's like 23 deg in Vancouver today and I'm sweating, it's 36 today in AZ
Absolutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:57 PM #260
Mr.jon
Goodbye Vietnam
 
Mr.jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wilmington, nc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
just go and play man. I think the best way to learn is by playing. The range is nice, but the elements at play on the course don't translate well to the range. Get out there and ****ing play. If you shoot 70 over 9, who cares?
I played my very first 9 holes today with my friend. So much fun. No pressure, no one was behind us, i could take as long as i want. I lost a few balls, but it doesn't matter. Great sport.
__________________
insert here
Mr.jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:23 PM #261
AlbanyApocalypse
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
What do u guys normally shoot? From white i shot a 42 and a 45 so an 87 par is a 74 . Im 13 and im 13 over par lol
AlbanyApocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:28 PM #262
FHS JewFro
black AND white
 
FHS JewFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: never move to, NC
That's decent I hope to be shooting low 50s and high 40s by the end of the summer. Right now my best is a 56 so I got some work to do

I really hope to play this summer but its not looking good money wise
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:35 PM #263
Tracheotripsy
Y'all can't handle this
 
Tracheotripsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Shot a 2 stroke best today. Feels good man. Wish I had kept score on the next 9 we did (it's a 9 hole course, we just went through it twice) but I knew it wasn't as good.
Tracheotripsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:41 PM #264
FHS JewFro
black AND white
 
FHS JewFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: never move to, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracheotripsy View Post
Shot a 2 stroke best today. Feels good man. Wish I had kept score on the next 9 we did (it's a 9 hole course, we just went through it twice) but I knew it wasn't as good.
Why didn't you take score?
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:17 AM #265
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.jon View Post
I played my very first 9 holes today with my friend. So much fun. No pressure, no one was behind us, i could take as long as i want. I lost a few balls, but it doesn't matter. Great sport.
Don't ****ing stop playing. Best advice I got when I started was to get out there and play. The more you experience the game the better you will get. The range is nice, but it just can't compare to the elements you encounter out there.

I'm still playing ****ty, but its only the start of my second full year. Shot around a 105 today on a difficult course, tons of penalty strokes.

Also broke my burner 3 wood. Got mad, smashed it against the ground and the shaft snapped about a quarter the way up and the club head went into a small lake. Going to grab a superfast 3 wood tomorrow I think, I love the driver.
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:49 AM #266
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post
Why didn't you take score?
Because we didn't think we'd get another 9 in, I still don't know how we played fast enough to get it all done. It wasn't as good though, although I didn't do too terrible. I'm getting more consistent, that's for sure.



Also, I par'd a par five for the first time yesterday. Still looking for that first birdie though.
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:20 PM #267
Mr.jon
Goodbye Vietnam
 
Mr.jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wilmington, nc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
Don't ****ing stop playing. Best advice I got when I started was to get out there and play. The more you experience the game the better you will get. The range is nice, but it just can't compare to the elements you encounter out there.

I'm still playing ****ty, but its only the start of my second full year. Shot around a 105 today on a difficult course, tons of penalty strokes.

Also broke my burner 3 wood. Got mad, smashed it against the ground and the shaft snapped about a quarter the way up and the club head went into a small lake. Going to grab a superfast 3 wood tomorrow I think, I love the driver.
Considering going out and playing 18 vs 9 right now. I have unlimited time constraints, so this points me towards 18, but the first 18 are longer and harder than the back 9. (27 hole course)
__________________
insert here
Mr.jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:23 PM #268
Tracheotripsy
Y'all can't handle this
 
Tracheotripsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Just go out and play 27 then.
Tracheotripsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:25 PM #269
Mr.jon
Goodbye Vietnam
 
Mr.jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wilmington, nc
haha, would only be like $18 if i played 27.
__________________
insert here
Mr.jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:57 PM #270
QuailMan
 
 
QuailMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Don't jump ahead of yourself. Anybody who says golf is not a sport, has never played golf.

You do 27 holes your first time out, especially if you're not a low handicap, and you're going to be wiped the **** out. I could barely do 27 holes right now and I would be taking 60 or more fewer swings than you would. Also if you're not a regular golfer, your hands are going to be shredded if you just up and play 27, or even 18 without wrapping your blister spots in atheltic tape.

Play 9 holes, then see how you feel. If you've still got enough energy, do the next 9. 27 is just too much. You're going to get exhausted, any problems you're having are going to compound themselves because you're just getting more drained as you go on, just, not a good idea overall.

One step at a time.
__________________
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me
PSN: Bar-B-Jew
QuailMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:00 PM #271
QuailMan
 
 
QuailMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
Don't ****ing stop playing. Best advice I got when I started was to get out there and play. The more you experience the game the better you will get. The range is nice, but it just can't compare to the elements you encounter out there.

I'm still playing ****ty, but its only the start of my second full year. Shot around a 105 today on a difficult course, tons of penalty strokes.

Also broke my burner 3 wood. Got mad, smashed it against the ground and the shaft snapped about a quarter the way up and the club head went into a small lake. Going to grab a superfast 3 wood tomorrow I think, I love the driver.
Double post


Lol at breaking clubs. I think I went through 3 sand wedges and a couple drivers/3 woods when I first started.

Later you'll realize that it's not worth it. It's your fault anyways, not the clubs, and the only thing you're doing is costing yourself money that could be used for more rounds, and making the problem worse by getting pissed off and upset. That's why golf is so humbling, you only get worse if you get pissed.
__________________
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me
PSN: Bar-B-Jew
QuailMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:59 PM #272
Mr.jon
Goodbye Vietnam
 
Mr.jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wilmington, nc
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuailMan View Post
Don't jump ahead of yourself. Anybody who says golf is not a sport, has never played golf.

You do 27 holes your first time out, especially if you're not a low handicap, and you're going to be wiped the **** out. I could barely do 27 holes right now and I would be taking 60 or more fewer swings than you would. Also if you're not a regular golfer, your hands are going to be shredded if you just up and play 27, or even 18 without wrapping your blister spots in atheltic tape.

Play 9 holes, then see how you feel. If you've still got enough energy, do the next 9. 27 is just too much. You're going to get exhausted, any problems you're having are going to compound themselves because you're just getting more drained as you go on, just, not a good idea overall.

One step at a time.
I ended up playing 9 because of foretasted rain. 3 people passed me, i took my sweet *** time and ended up getting poured on at 7, 8, and 9. I hit a 43 on 9 holes on a par 3 course. Was fun. TBO, i was hitting horrible. Most of those shots were chips and putts. I could have hit a lot lower if i wasn't such a horrible putter.

I also just got a free medicus 7 iron. Should be fun.
__________________
insert here
Mr.jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:42 PM #273
Mr.jon
Goodbye Vietnam
 
Mr.jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wilmington, nc
Went back today at like 8pm to play another 9 holes. Was pouring when i got there so i just sat around. At like 8:30 it didn't let up, so me and this guy i just met went out and started our round. Was pouring, cold, and ****ty the whole time. I shot a 42, idk what he shot, but it was better than me. By the time we were done i would have been dryer if i jumped into a pool and went swimming. The drive home was ****ty. Pouring rain, foggy, ect. Was fun though. I have no regrets.
__________________
insert here
Mr.jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump