Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-14-2009, 07:17 PM #1
The-Grim-Reaper (Banned)
(̪●)

The-Grim-Reaper helped look for balloons
The-Grim-Reaper owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Leaking from solenoid assembly.

edit 1-17-2010: Parts were sent and Geo is now in 100% working condition.

Well like the title says my Geo seems to be leaking from the solenoid assembly if I am correct, its coming from the crease between the body and trigger frame.

More info:

I decided to shoot my Geo the day after I lubed it, when I aired it up had a small leak come from the reg area but I just twisted it like I usually do and it seems to go away. Anyways I get two shots off and it just bursts out leaking from the frame.

I'm not sure if this helps, I only have the updated prop-shaft and still the VVC screw seems to back out on its own after a days play, I read quickly on here that if it backs out it can cause leaking but my guess it will leak by the bolt assembly. So I am asking do I turn it in to stop the leaking?

I know since I don't have the full G-R2 kit maybe it has something to do with it...talking about the piston with the gold ring in the middle which from what I read here is there to keep it from over pressurization and better consistency so I have a hunch the leak is because the gun is over pressurized and all I need to do is lower the reg setting's?

If any one on here can give me some legitimate help without guessing it will be much appreciated and thank you in advance if I don't say thanks. I'm pretty sure I covered everything but if you need further information I will be more than happy to provide you with it.

Mike

UPDATE!

Nicky is sending me the full G-R2 but just so I keep up with the thread the only updated part I have is the prop-shaft, I don't have the new piston or patches on my screws.

I took apart the gun took out the noid and heres what I got.

The gasket seemed to be in place except for the part ware the filter is, it was a little up so I cleaned the filter and put it back on.(still is a little bent out of flush)

Heres ware things are bothering me, on the pilot valve assembly(part that can be hand screwed off) there were 3 very small o-rings on the gold piece, and there is one slot that is empty on the bigger silver piece right after the threads for screwing it back in(going from little gold piece to plastic knob).

In the virtual tech tour(page12/24) it appears that there are suppose to be indeed 4 o-rings(3 very small ones on the gold piece and 1 big on on the silver piece). Also on the Geo manual page 10(online manual is page 6) also shows what appears to be a o-ring on the silver piece. But now when you turn to page 65(online manual is page 33) you can see that the pilot valve does not have that o-ring on the silver piece(bottom right picture) also page 66-67 show no o-ring on the silver piece(page34 on the online manual).

I decided to put the smallest o-ring that came in the small GEO repair kit that comes with the gun. I am assuming its o-ring #006 after doing that I noticed it was somewhat harder to screw in the pilot valve in place and when I aired it up slowly air would come out threw the noid when I aired it up a bit faster the bolt would go forward after degassing it.

2 questions, is there suppose to be a o-ring there or not? The only way the gun will work is untill I get the new piston?

Last edited by The-Grim-Reaper : 01-17-2010 at 03:19 PM.
The-Grim-Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2009, 08:19 PM #2
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
New Geo, used?

Could be noid gasket or cracked noid.

Guessing is apart of it as you have to go through the process of elimination since none of us can see the marker in person.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:38 AM #3
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Grim-Reaper View Post
I know since I don't have the full GR-2 kit maybe it has something to do with it...talking about the piston with the gold ring in the middle which from what I read here is there to keep it from over pressurization and better consistency so I have a hunch the leak is because the gun is over pressurized and all I need to do is lower the reg setting's?
IMO the Inline Reg piston sounds to be the route of your problems; having overpressurised the solenoid the gasket has done its job and popped out of place causing the leak.

If your marker has not yet been issued one, you need to get yourself a G-R2 Kit by emailing me all of the relevant details (your FULL name, address, serial number and colour of marker) to: nick.t@planeteclipse.com

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:59 AM #4
The-Grim-Reaper (Banned)
(̪●)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
New Geo, used?

Could be noid gasket or cracked noid.

Guessing is apart of it as you have to go through the process of elimination since none of us can see the marker in person.
It is used one of the first ones made. And well thats why I gave you a detailed description so that less "guessing" could be made.

Ill open it up tonight to see if the noid is cracked I sure hope its not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
IMO the Inline Reg piston sounds to be the route of your problems; having overpressurised the solenoid the gasket has done its job and popped out of place causing the leak.

If your marker has not yet been issued one, you need to get yourself a G-R2 Kit by emailing me all of the relevant details (your FULL name, address, serial number and colour of marker) to: nick.t@planeteclipse.com

Nicky T
What can I do to fix it?

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 01-10-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Double post.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:10 PM #5
coyut
PE Tech and www.341.ch

coyut owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
First of all it would be good to know where it leaks exactly as it could be various things.
If it suddenly happen without touching the marker I also would guess that it is overpressurising.

Check your Inlinereg piston for any damage on the small round sealin surface. If it is damaged or missing you will need to replace it. Also remove your solenoid carefully and reseat and slighlty lube the gasket.

Selling my Coyut SL74

Last edited by coyut : 01-02-2010 at 01:14 PM.
coyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:49 PM #6
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post

Nicky T
Quote:
What can I do to fix it?
As Nicky stated, first things first, ascertain whether you have the original reg piston in your HPR or the G-R2 reg piston: -

The original piston will have a plain hole in the middle of the reg seat seal, as above. The G-R2 piston will have a hole through which a brass spigot passes: -

If you have the old style piston, this means that you most likely do not have the G-R2 kit installed (other things to look for are nyloc patches on your screws, and the end of the Prop Shaft having two grooved milled around the front). That being the case, send Nicky an e-mail as he said to do. He can then send you a G-R2 kit.

If the reg seat seal is the cause of your problem, but you have the latest piston style, then the piston will need to be replaced. If your marker is still under warranty, then Nicky or your nearest Service Centre will be able to replace it for you. Otherwise, you may need to buy a new piston.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:29 AM #7
The-Grim-Reaper (Banned)
(̪●)

Nicky is sending me the full G-R2 but just so I keep up with the thread the only updated part I have is the prop-shaft, I don't have the new piston or patches on my screws.

I took apart the gun took out the noid and heres what I got.

The gasket seemed to be in place except for the part ware the filter is, it was a little up so I cleaned the filter and put it back on.(still is a little bent out of flush)

Heres ware things are bothering me, on the pilot valve assembly(part that can be hand screwed off) there were 3 very small o-rings on the gold piece, and there is one slot that is empty on the bigger silver piece right after the threads for screwing it back in(going from little gold piece to plastic knob).

In the virtual tech tour(page12/24) it appears that there are suppose to be indeed 4 o-rings(3 very small ones on the gold piece and 1 big on on the silver piece). Also on the Geo manual page 10(online manual is page 6) also shows what appears to be a o-ring on the silver piece. But now when you turn to page 65(online manual is page 33) you can see that the pilot valve does not have that o-ring on the silver piece(bottom right picture) also page 66-67 show no o-ring on the silver piece(page34 on the online manual).

I decided to put the smallest o-ring that came in the small GEO repair kit that comes with the gun. I am assuming its o-ring #006 after doing that I noticed it was somewhat harder to screw in the pilot valve in place and when I aired it up slowly air would come out threw the noid when I aired it up a bit faster the bolt would go forward after degassing it.

2 questions, is there suppose to be a o-ring there or not? The only way the gun will work is untill I get the new piston?

If you need more info im happy to list it.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:43 AM #8
Uziel Gal

My pilot assembly has just the three external o-rings: -

Old 01-10-2010, 10:49 AM #9
The-Grim-Reaper (Banned)
(̪●)

Ok well I will be taking the o-ring off now haha, your is obviously working but did you see the manual and virtual Geo tech site how it shows there is one, well thanks for clearing that up. So is there any way I can get the gun to work or do I just have o wait for the new piston?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:33 AM #10
Uziel Gal

The line drawing on page 10 of the manual does appear to show an o-ring, but the actual photos in the solenoid maintenance section of the manual don't. Photos beat a drawing every time! The drawing is just an artists impression, and isn't always going to be 100% accurate - another example would be that in the picture, the pilot is shown as having an entirely round section, whereas in fact, we know that it has a hexagonal section in the middle.

Fact is that that groove is actually outside of the solenoid housing when the pilot assembly is screwed in, so if there were an o-ring there, it wouldn't actually seal against anything.

So, the "missing" o-ring isn't part of your problem. Even if you had it, it wouldn't do anything.

Probably best to wait for your new piston.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:19 PM #11
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Have you tried airing up your gun with the frame off? You should be able to pinpoint the leak much more easily this time.

Also, I have found that the noid screws have to be quite tight in order to seal the gasket.

I put the long end of the allen key into the screw and turn with the short end. Then I crank on it basically as tight as possible with the limited leverage. This is tight enough to seal, but not likely to damage the solenoid body.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:56 PM #12
The-Grim-Reaper (Banned)
(̪●)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
The line drawing on page 10 of the manual does appear to show an o-ring, but the actual photos in the solenoid maintenance section of the manual don't. Photos beat a drawing every time! The drawing is just an artists impression, and isn't always going to be 100% accurate - another example would be that in the picture, the pilot is shown as having an entirely round section, whereas in fact, we know that it has a hexagonal section in the middle.

Fact is that that groove is actually outside of the solenoid housing when the pilot assembly is screwed in, so if there were an o-ring there, it wouldn't actually seal against anything.

So, the "missing" o-ring isn't part of your problem. Even if you had it, it wouldn't do anything.

Probably best to wait for your new piston.

Well its idk I would think the virtual tour was 100% accurate but what ever not a big deal. I just thought maybe for some reason there is suppose to put o-ring because its a perfect or-ring groove but yup does not seal anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Have you tried airing up your gun with the frame off? You should be able to pinpoint the leak much more easily this time.

Also, I have found that the noid screws have to be quite tight in order to seal the gasket.

I put the long end of the allen key into the screw and turn with the short end. Then I crank on it basically as tight as possible with the limited leverage. This is tight enough to seal, but not likely to damage the solenoid body.

Yes I forgot to mention the frame was off when I said I aired it up.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 01-10-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Double post.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:17 PM #13
The-Grim-Reaper (Banned)
(̪●)

Got the parts in yesterday did all the necessary steps gun is shooting at 100% working condition. Thanks guys for the help! And thank you P.E. for sending the parts fast.

Mods delete if you need too.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:36 PM #14
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
So , what was the problem?
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:17 PM #15
The-Grim-Reaper (Banned)
(̪●)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
So , what was the problem?
Needed the new piston that came with the G-R2. I put that in and put the solenoid gasket in place again and she came back to life Was actually very simple.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:29 AM #16
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Got the parts in yesterday did all the necessary steps gun is shooting at 100% working condition. Thanks guys for the help! And thank you P.E. for sending the parts fast.
You're more than welcome

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote