PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:46 AM #1
pbnemy2

church league events?

im thinking of getting some 10x300 netting(cant afford 20ft), but i dont have a place to set it up, so i called some churches locally, and asked if they would allow me to set up on their property, and they could use the netting and our bunkers to set up skirmish events, with other churches, both of the same faith as well as different faiths. the condition that i stipulated, was that anyone that i invite to play, can use it at the same time as their church members are using it. is this a good or bad idea?

Last edited by pbnemy2 : 01-02-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: forgotten text
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2010, 11:26 AM #2
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bad idea unless you have paintball-specific insurance for the playing field.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:46 AM #3
pbnemy2

well, unfortunately, i cant afford the policy, nor the necessary certification courses required by that certain carrier.

i'm just hoping that the hosting facility won't really worry too much about insurance.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:43 AM #4
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
You shouldn't care about the hosting facility, you should care about YOU and lack of insurance. Unless you want to owe people money for the rest of your life (or saddle your parents with this)... do NOT repeat do NOT open any sort of field without proper insurance. Don't take a chance to throw away your financial life for a few games of cheap paintball.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:45 AM #5
Samuel/Sarah
JCity Raps

Samuel/Sarah is playing at Living Legends III
Samuel/Sarah supports Team VICIOUS
Samuel/Sarah is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthdoug View Post
You shouldn't care about the hosting facility, you should care about YOU and lack of insurance. Unless you want to owe people money for the rest of your life (or saddle your parents with this)... do NOT repeat do NOT open any sort of field without proper insurance. Don't take a chance to throw away your financial life for a few games of cheap paintball.
well said.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:22 PM #6
invertfan12345
both ways?

invertfan12345 is playing at Living Legends III
invertfan12345 supports Team VICIOUS
invertfan12345 is for the Gunfight
invertfan12345 supports Sherwood Forest
like stated above
you know that the newer players are going to be the ones to not follow the rules because they dont know them
well the biggest rule they break is taking there mask off inside the netting and if timmy gets shot in the eye and goes blind you are going to be ****ed
Old 01-03-2010, 01:19 PM #7
igotblueballs93

talk to the church about their insurance plans, some churches have pretty loose ones. I know my local church can do pretty much anything as long as its an "outreach activity" and it'll be covered by insurance. That said I also agree with everyone else who said never start any sort of field if its not covered by insurance.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:21 PM #8
pbnemy2

Darthdoug, if i were under normal financial circumstances, then i would be worried about getting sued, but im in debt already, and so im not worried about more debt.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:32 PM #9
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
Well you should be. Good point on church insurance covering, but perhaps you don't understand what a medical lawsuit can get you.

How about NEVER getting a home, car, or credit card at least for 10 years (many times longer). How about them deducting up to HALF your wages straight from your paycheck before you even get it for up to 10 years (depends on state). I'm talking, you're in Poorsville USA for a long long time. I'm talking you declare bankruptcy and in most cases you STILL owe this money.

Bad stuff.

And like someone said all it takes is one admittedly rare chance of timmy shooting his or someone else's eye out. It's just not worth it.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:28 PM #10
pbnemy2

man, i HATE CALIFORNIA. bunch of damn irresponsible, blame-shifting parasites causing all of these damn liability restrictions.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:14 PM #11
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
A church's general liability won't cover you. It'll only cover them.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 01-04-2010, 03:16 PM #12
pbnemy2

personally, i can prove that i don't file lawsuits, so hopefully, at least i can get something going.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:09 PM #13
Kiladelphia
Hatin' since 1979

I can admire your motive of bringing together several churches through a fun activity such as paintball.

But by endangering these churches by probable lawsuit when someone gets hurt, your own stubbornness to do this destroys any admirable motive. let's review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnemy2 View Post
Darthdoug, if i were under normal financial circumstances, then i would be worried about getting sued, but im in debt already, and so im not worried about more debt.
It's not only you who would get sued, but the church as well. Way to look out for others, my friend.

Quote:
personally, i can prove that i don't file lawsuits, so hopefully, at least i can get something going.
Nobody cares, Gus. Not filing a lawsuit as a character judgment will never trump you putting anybody or any organization (a church) in any kind of danger - in this case, a lawsuit by Timmy's parents.

Quote:
well, unfortunately, i cant afford the policy, nor the necessary certification courses required by that certain carrier.

i'm just hoping that the hosting facility won't really worry too much about insurance.
Maybe you should get a job or tackle a cheaper hobby. That paper route just isn't going to cut it in this economy, especially with CNN.com so readily available. Maybe set your sights a little lower...?

Quote:
man, i HATE CALIFORNIA. bunch of damn irresponsible, blame-shifting parasites causing all of these damn liability restrictions.
That sucks. I was texting Oregon last week and she said that California was totally throwing a party next week and he was hoping that you'd come. Apparently your potato salad made quite an impression with everyone at Texas' BBQ over the summer. But hey, it's all out in the open now...

Last edited by eforcegtid00d : 01-04-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: insults are not needed.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:17 AM #14
pbnemy2

well, im just going to ask, and if everyone says no, then i'll find private property owners instead.

since churches elsewhere DO have it established on their properties, then i am still hopeful that it can be accomplished here as well.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:36 PM #15
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
well, im just going to ask, and if everyone says no, then i'll find private property owners instead.

since churches elsewhere DO have it established on their properties, then i am still hopeful that it can be accomplished here as well.
I don't think we're getting through to you. Without paintball-specific insurance, you are taking huge risks and being extremely irresponsible. Accept that this is not a good idea without insurance, take the hit, and play at a real field.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:01 PM #16
pbnemy2

folks, if it means that i can have a place that I set the rules at, then to me, its well worth the risks.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:22 PM #17
Kiladelphia
Hatin' since 1979

Quote:
folks, if it means that i can have a place that I set the rules at, then to me, its well worth the risks.
If you wanna make the rules, then coach little league. I'm sure the little boys will revere you as a king among youth.

Any privately-owned land will carry the same need for proper insurance.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:33 AM #18
pbnemy2

sorry, but not interested in playing with youngsters, because of the unfortunate trait of recklessness that comes along with overenthusiasm.

anyway, we may have a spot, but again unfortunately, i can't tell anyone here where it is, because of the vigilante/informant attitudes of some people on here.

the really sad part, is that i wish that i could invite some of you, because i would have liked the opportunity to play against you, and observe your tactics/methods on the field.

i just ask that you will be glad for us, and hope for the best.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:13 AM #19
paintballplayaz
Get Laid...Play Paintball

no one is going to get through to this guy so its not even worth trying. its people like this that give paintball a bad name when someone gets hurt becuase of his "lack of care"
Old 01-06-2010, 09:00 AM #20
Kiladelphia
Hatin' since 1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballplayaz View Post
no one is going to get through to this guy so its not even worth trying. its people like this that give paintball a bad name when someone gets hurt becuase of his "lack of care"
Truth.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:42 AM #21
Heroe123

Heroe123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'm curious cause I know nothing of this. When you go to a field you have to sign a waiver, is there nothing you could say play at own risk in a waiver or is that a entirely different ball field when it comes to injuries?
Closed Thread