Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-01-2010, 10:54 AM #1
wavesport001

A New Hypothesis

Ok this question really isn't for non-christians. I'd like to assume in this thread that the Christian god is real and that satan is real. Please debate those claims elsewhere.

I've been thinking about the fall of man story in the light of scientific discoveries lately. It's obvious that viruses and bacteria (the cause of much death and disease in humans and other organisms) existed long before humans existed. That led me to the question: when was the fall of man? How could all death and disease enter the world as a result of Adam's turning away from god if it's obvious that death and disease existed before humans even existed and obviously affected human ancestors (based on retro viral dna insertions).

One of the obvious answers is that god did it and he's all powerful blah blah blah but that wasn't satisfying to me. It bothers me that god would say he created us one way but make it appear that he did it another. Then I had an idea..

What is the garden of eden is not on this planet, but somewhere else, another dimension or another place or anything. It would probably be much closer to god. When Adam disobeyed god then humans had to be sent away from god to a new place, a place ruled by satan. This world is Satan's world, and he has no problem lying to us and misleading us about our true origins. It may well be that all organisms truly did evolve on this planet just as science says, but maybe humans weren't meant to live here at all, but were sent here by god because we turned away from him. It makes sense to because this planet seems to be run according to the tenents of satanism: survival of the fittest, might makes right, take care of yourself, etc.

I'm just wondering if there's any scripture to falsify or support my ideas.

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2010, 02:38 PM #2
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
Ok this question really isn't for non-christians. I'd like to assume in this thread that the Christian god is real and that satan is real. Please debate those claims elsewhere.

I've been thinking about the fall of man story in the light of scientific discoveries lately. It's obvious that viruses and bacteria (the cause of much death and disease in humans and other organisms) existed long before humans existed. That led me to the question: when was the fall of man? How could all death and disease enter the world as a result of Adam's turning away from god if it's obvious that death and disease existed before humans even existed and obviously affected human ancestors (based on retro viral dna insertions).

One of the obvious answers is that god did it and he's all powerful blah blah blah but that wasn't satisfying to me. It bothers me that god would say he created us one way but make it appear that he did it another. Then I had an idea..

What is the garden of eden is not on this planet, but somewhere else, another dimension or another place or anything. It would probably be much closer to god. When Adam disobeyed god then humans had to be sent away from god to a new place, a place ruled by satan. This world is Satan's world, and he has no problem lying to us and misleading us about our true origins. It may well be that all organisms truly did evolve on this planet just as science says, but maybe humans weren't meant to live here at all, but were sent here by god because we turned away from him. It makes sense to because this planet seems to be run according to the tenents of satanism: survival of the fittest, might makes right, take care of yourself, etc.

Your problem is you are ignoring the other half of your religion. If you want answers for the old testament, don't look to a Christian... look to a Jew.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:53 PM #3
dirty_canadian4894

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Your problem is you are ignoring the other half of your religion. If you want answers for the old testament, don't look to a Christian... look to a Jew.
Actually the problem is that he started his hypothesis using logic, we all know logic cannot apply to religion.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:07 PM #4
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_canadian4894 View Post
Actually the problem is that he started his hypothesis using logic, we all know logic cannot apply to religion.
do we now?
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:52 PM #5
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
I absolutely refuse to intertwine science with religion, but the following is all scientific fact, and has nothing to do with religion. Do with it what you want.

Bacteria and viruses aren't necessarily pathogenic. I don't have exact numbers, but only a cup of bacteria are regularly harmful in the ocean of microbes. Some pathogens are opportunistic; they cause infection when given an opportunity (weakened immune system [secondary infections], taking antibiotics [C. difficile]).

There is also a difference in "infection" and "disease". An infection doesn't necessarily imply disease. Everyone reading this thread has been infected with E. coli since birth (give or take). Without E. coli, you'd be pretty sick.

I really don't know much about viruses, so I can't really help you there.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:50 PM #6
Flying_Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
do we now?
Logic based on epiricism, yes.

Obviously logic can be applied to religion, hence all of medieval philosophy, but it's logic being applied to a completely baseless conceptual scheme, ie, God exists, God has this nature, etc. So logic works with religion but its application to empirical evdence is irreconcilable.
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:04 PM #7
funwithfire28
My knee does tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post

I will venture and say that I believe in a hybrid theory that there is a superior force in the universe(s) that in the beginning caused the big bang with the intention of creating us. Follow the theory of evolution from there.

Originally Posted by cynicalrider-
i do. and i'm everyone. so **** off bro and stop stealing my colors.

1972 Chevelle SS (400)
1970 Chevelle SS (502)
funwithfire28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:48 PM #8
Jmac21
Jesse

I know this is an older thread but just thought I would speak my mind, in the bible it talks about how God created the earth and then created man to rule over the beast and so on. So we were meant to be here but with the fall of man we broke the peace and had a pandora's box effect so all you can assume is that the "evidence" that you are talking about is not accurate. It just seems you are trying to mix God with evolution and that just doesn't work. not trying to start an big argument, thats just what i think.
Rogue II
Rogue Kidz
Jmac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:39 PM #9
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
Logic based on epiricism, yes.

Obviously logic can be applied to religion, hence all of medieval philosophy, but it's logic being applied to a completely baseless conceptual scheme, ie, God exists, God has this nature, etc. So logic works with religion but its application to empirical evdence is irreconcilable.

is it now?
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote