PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-08-2003, 08:36 PM #1
TigerArmy

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up Tournament tippys

Ok i want to hear some tourny storys with ur tippys and ur setups for them....I think its just cool to play in tournys with tippys.. oh welll post some storysand setups!
Aim- ThePunisher882
Alt Aim-Mage617
Email- Thepunisher882@aol.com
"If your riding with Smart Parts, Your riding with Hitler!"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2003, 08:31 AM #2
jdircksen

jdircksen is a Supporting Member
I used to play for Effect X. most of the guys use:

stock 98c
double finger trigger
small drop forward
PMI 5000psi tank
J&J, Freak, or some other barrel

The Effect guys pretty much all use electro 98's or elctro A-5's.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:26 AM #3
Natural Newbie
Model98.net

Natural Newbie is a Supporting Member
Play hard, shoot people.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:54 AM #4
The Tip Man
Sermon-Free Humor

I'm the guy on my team who plays with a 98c, with only a J&J ceramic, and a dead on bullet dropforward.

AT our first tourny, I didn't have the drop. A whole bunch of guys on the sidelines started chanting "Tippmann! Tippmann!" It was freakin hilarious.

We came in dead last at that tourny.

AT our second tourny, I had the dropforward. At first, some people laughed at me. But after one round where I nailed everyone on the other team, people stopped hassling me about using my 98.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be doing work right now (at school), so I'll shut up.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:15 PM #5
usagi_tetsu
steel rabbit flings paint

My favorite tourney Tippy story was the KCP&R 10-Man about a year ago. I'm on the field with my M98Custom, Lapco foregrip and 12" Bigshot, Dead On Universal Drop and aluminum power tube and bolt, Nitro Duck 68/3K, and TurboRev'd 12V Revvy. Everyone, literally everyone, else had $1000+ 'cockers and electros - you know how it is: Angel this, Timmy that, E-Mag something or other, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I'm playing back for my team as usual, and in one 12 minute match I flung over 1500 balls with my loud as hell, ugly as sin, and twice as mean to boot Tippy, and ended up denying and/or marking out a sizable portion of the opposing team just because the Tippmann is: A) fairly gas efficient (1500 rounds off of a 68/3K? heck yeah!) and B) utterly reliable. My teammate with the fancy Sandridge 'cocker in the bunker next to me was tossing me pods when his marker headed for Not Gonna Do It Land and he didn't wanna go to the dead box for a non-working marker.

So, after that match, the other team is coming up to our team (Caucasian Invasion - not a full time team, just a once in a while kinda thing) and asking who was playing back right beer can? After finding out it was me and my nasty ole' Tippy, they usually stood in amazement that I was doing that to them with something that cost less, in total, than just their marker cost them.

Ah yes, such sweet joy to be had from the misfortunes of others. *evil grin*

Louder than God's revolver, and twice as shiny.

Feedback
Old 10-09-2003, 12:25 PM #6
dragun3 44

tippy story

i got the best tippy story

i was at this tourney and i was playin back right with my angle speed anyway there was a kid on the other team with a tippman he was hidin behind a bunker not sho0oting prob cus his gun shoot 1 bp2s anyway i ran half way cross the feild jumped the comowarrior and shoot him 3 times thats my favortie tippy tourny tourn
Old 10-09-2003, 12:31 PM #7
impydevil666
big sean

aight this was about 2 years ago and i was playin front (lol) with my tank of a tippy. I had an aa nitro and drop on mine, good times.... ehh anyway way i made it to the other teams 40 off the break. so there i was all alone on the other teams 40 and i new i had to do sumthing so somewat stupidly i run to the right tape and do a run thru. i t was awesome i ripped up that whole team singlehandedly. they seriously had no idea wat happened or anything. afterwards they congratulted me on how good i did.

the next day i woke up from my dream....
Old 10-09-2003, 08:04 PM #8
TigerArmy

yeah wel the storys taht actully happened were good..Keep posting my brothers and sisters!
Aim- ThePunisher882
Alt Aim-Mage617
Old 10-09-2003, 08:32 PM #9
Sniper_Dragon
Matrix Martial Artist

oh thats nothing I'll tell a story from the carzy guy (thats me).

After playing for about a month my friends who have played longer saying we have a 7-man team. We signed up at the local tourny, well after a few games the teams watched each other learning moves and seen me get shot first out (this is when I was a mid to front player) and I always walked off the feild without a judge pulling me out. We actually got to the semifinals, barely, well the game starts with my tippy m98, Blue unknown barrel (well its now a Razzor barrel, old style), Expansion Chamber, Smoke 12volt Revvy, Psycho Ballistic Bullet Drop Forward. Well I pull in before the balls reached me and I was breathing heavily because I never seen that many balls fly by that fast. Well of course that guy screams paint check, I was stunned I didn't get hit, all I think of something I once heard, deadmans walk, I think oh well I have nothing to loose, I get up as I see the ref walk to me as I walk off to the side and stay close to the edge as I see the other ref smile, knowing what I'm doing. I walk behind all of them as the rest of my team keeps them occupied I stand in the center behind them, i put the tank on my shoulder and I let loose, pounding the trigger like there was tomorrow.

When I did my walk it was Us 4:6 Them. I nailed the 3 backmen in the back
One of the Midman run from my line into my teammates he got lit up, the other mid fell out of bounds he got disqualified and the last frontman got bunkered. It was fun but of course they argue, but the refs ruled in our favor, I never stood out of bounds, I never lift the gun in the air, no paintmarks, and no way to tell I was out of the game. Uh and I wish we did win the tourny but we were third. I tried to do it again but I got lit up.

- - - - From the book of Sniper_Dragon
-Blue Impy-with some ups and Evil Pipe kit
**If you see a big guy walk to the middle of the field doing the river dance or trying too, watch out he might know the Matrix style of Paintball, oh wait that’s me **
Old 10-09-2003, 09:06 PM #10
sourr_mind

One of the main things that I addressed on my 98 custom was the length. Using a 10" cp barrel and dead on pro drop I got it a good fighting length. A vertical asa with a palmer stab reg keeps the gas coming at a good stream. I touble trigger and 12volt rounds out the rig.

SInce the closest store is a 2 1/2 hours away we where shocked when we saw a kid with a Nasty impulse. Since it was a town versus town battle we got to go against them. We were playing in a rocky area with small cave and canyons. Only three of use have a had any experience against a high ROF maker (D-day and tournies that we always placed in th top four) we headed out to take out the hosier. From which we found out that he and 5 others were the attackers of their side and we ran right into them.the other two covered me so I could get on top the canyon. I shot at whole group and as the stood up to run my teammates took them out except for the impulse boy that run in to a narrow canyon. Since I was still on top of it i ran to the top exist and started shotting to flush him out right in to the other to at the entrance of the canyon.

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence. -Bertrand Russell
Old 10-10-2003, 05:09 PM #11
Die Hard31
Crazy Front Man

ok, I know that this isn't a tourney story, but it is awesome.

I was playing at my local woodsball field with about 20 other guys. I took command of one ten man team and we headed off to our side of the field. Now, this field is basically one huge hill. It is about 30-40 feet tall and 75-85 degrees up depending on what side that you are on. To the right hand side of the field the hill ends and there is a road. The road served as an out of bound marker and on the other side there was a red tape line that served as an out of bound marker. There are trees on all sides of this hill except the very top. At the very top there is one bunker that can work if advanceing from both sides and a pile of brush. On the side that I was on there is also this little path/trench thing. Nice to have, but it is slow getting up the hill that way. Basically, this is THE PERFECT King of the Hill field. One *** is placed in the middle and the team that gets it has to take the flag over to the other team's base.

Right before the game started I told my team what to do and gave them orders and postions. When we heard the reff yell go I dug my cleats into the mud and rushed up that hill in about 2 seconds flat. As soon as I got on top I ran towards the flag standing on a pole in the middle of the brush pile. As I ran I shot two guys that where comming up from the other side of the hill right inbetween the eyes. Once I had the flag I jumped into the only bunker on the hill (besides the brush pile). Then I wated three seconds until the rest of my team got into postion. Once they where there they gave me cover fire as I shot behind me and dove into the trench. As soon as I got into the trench I found my little brother. I had specifically instructed him to watch our flank, the one by the side of the road. Basically, if we lose that flank our entire team gets slaughtered like we are in the middle of a meat shortage. I yell at him and screamed, "You are suposed to be on our flank MORON, NOT WALTZING UP THE HILL IN THE TRENCH LIKE IT IS A FRICKING SUNDAY STROLL!" He then looked at me while I was laying on the ground out of breath with the stupidest look on his face that you have ever seen. After looking at me with that stupid look on his face for three seconds he took five to the back and to the the back of the head. A total of three guys had made it past where his postion was suposed to be. As soon as I saw that I barked out the lay down in the trench and pray order for everyone withen the imediate area. I would have about a three second time window until the guys on the left side of the hill that where fighting the other team from across the top of the hill would be slaughtered like my moronic brother. So I jumped out of the trench and took out one of the three enemy flankers imediatly. Then I moved and took out the second. Then I moved again and took out the third. This all happened in about a ten second time period and the paint was flying all over the place. After that I barked out for my team that was in the trench to commence fighting the enemey over the top of the bunker again. Then I raced back the way that those three had come and saw the sweetest thing that I had ever seen. The other side of the hill goes into a valley with a river in the middle and another smaller hill on the back side of the valley. There were a couple guys on the back hill behind the valley arching their paint up above their guys on the top of the big hill and towards my team. Then there was a line of guys fighting up at the top of the hill and another group of them spread out in the middle around the river ready to give cover fire incase my troops came running over the top of the hill. It was their entire team. I rushed over to this log that is horizontal with the road so that I had very good cover and whipped out my sniper rifle and went to town. Withen seven seconds every single one of their team was covered with my orange proballs. Remeber, I still have the flag. I ran in there w/ my gun drawn at all of the guys that are laying on the ground, make sure that all of them have had enough, and pull out the flag and drop it on the ground. What made it really funny was that once I had killed everyone my team rushed the hill and shot them all up again because they hadn't known that I had killed all of them. They should have noticed something about them not shooting at them though. Oh well. I did take out their entire team though. All ten of them. After that game we saw who had orange paint on them, and that was everyone on that team. Now, we where playing triple elimanation so that is how I got the fifteen kills, but everyone just layed down after I had flanked them, no matter how many lives they had left.

I love this field and have had many good times at it. It is really a Student Venuter paintball field. I will be talking with the guy who runs it though and will ask him if I can help run it and set some stuff up there because they only do so many events a year. Hopefully I can get it going every weekend. That is my ultamate goal, but it will really be up to the people that own the land. That is the only thing that sux about it. Student Venture doesn't really own the land, but it is very nice of the people that do own it to let us use it and inflict pain upon our fello man at the field. I am what you might call the local pro at this field. I also basically take care of their rental guns there because they are all Tippman 98Cs and no one there knows how to take care of them really well and I know what every single little hiccup means with a Tippman.

Hostile Intention

I'm in my Happy Place
Old 10-10-2003, 05:10 PM #12
Die Hard31
Crazy Front Man

DANG! I didn't realize that I wrote that much. Well, there went a good half an hour. hehe. Gotta Love that paintball

Hostile Intention

I'm in my Happy Place
Old 10-11-2003, 03:49 PM #13
TigerArmy

sniper and die hard awsome storys guys i thought i should roll one oout myself.

There we were at sc village my friend who had a spider compact with a 14 inch barrel , Tim this awesome guy we met at the field whos the manager of ralphs, and me with my plain 98 custom. It was the second time for me playing paintball and the first time for me using my tippman 98c. Well we went on their Iraq field and i noticed that there was a little hill plateau thingy between both ways the other team had to go to get our field. Well i was liek lets rush that hill and snipe from different angles and they were like ok sure. So the ref started and we rushed! We reached the hill and started the snipe fest. The other team didn't see us at first so they rushed hard. The first guy i shot went right in front of me about 20 feet away and star6ted pumpin rounds at my team. He didnt know we were there so i shot twice. SPLAT! SPLAT! i watched as a ball broke below his arm and another hit his kidney. The second guy was a little farther away bt i shot him in the mask. the third guy was eliminated soon after te same way as the second. At the end our team won and it turned out all three of us on the hill got 3-4 kills!

It was great and know i pimped out my tippmann and play back man for speedball every sunday.
Aim- ThePunisher882
Alt Aim-Mage617
Old 10-11-2003, 11:29 PM #14
PPro
Detroit What

Quote:
Originally posted by jdircksen
I used to play for Effect X. most of the guys use:

You mean "were forced to use by the nazi," right?
Old 10-12-2003, 01:44 AM #15
TigerArmy

they were forced? there was a nazi? whats up with the pb nation and the nazis? its like a witch hunt...what you did something? you must be a nazi!!!! well what nazi?!? did smart parts do it? there not nazis! they dont like to be robbed by idea theafs big deal. if you invented what smart parts did would you want to lose money?
Ne way explain this nazi and dont talk about smart parts here. Tomorow i go to sc village so i''ll have a new story of pwnage!!!
Aim- ThePunisher882
Alt Aim-Mage617
Old 10-12-2003, 12:17 PM #16
Chrome Bullets
Banned

i got the best tippmann story !

thes kids with tippmanns wher talking **** about my team n stuff...and they wher all noobs with tippmanns thining they can beat us...well it was 5 on 5...i picked off 2 guys and my teammates finished them off....they wher very sad and saying they would still own us any day.
Old 10-12-2003, 04:55 PM #17
fancynapkin
sp = **** products.

this one I went to my reg. field were tippmann effect practices (futureball) and none of them were using tippmanns
Old 10-12-2003, 06:30 PM #18
TigerArmy

thats becuase tippmans are pretty much rec guns....oh well it was so funny i got bunkered today by a guy with a flatline and i'm bleeding in my leg. its funny theres this big old bloody mark. oh well sux for me i still had fun. I got 2 guys in a trench at point blank and this guy on my team shot me like 4 times in the back....lol
Aim- ThePunisher882
Alt Aim-Mage617
Old 10-12-2003, 10:35 PM #19
Natural Newbie
Model98.net

Natural Newbie is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by fancynapkin
this one I went to my reg. field were tippmann effect practices (futureball) and none of them were using tippmanns
Yea most of the time they don't use them. But Fatty tends to be always toting his yellow gun. And sometimes they'll actually practice with their Tippmanns.