Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-22-2009, 10:17 PM #1
fender1973

Azodin Recock Issues

Our feild has about 10 Azodin Blitz guns that we rent out. It seems like they only las a couple of games and then they stop recocking. I have rebuild kits and all the orings in the gun look great. It seems like I am constantly rebuilding these guns. I am using the correct gun oil and cleaning according to manufac. specs. We run the guns on compressed air only. Any thoughts or ideas. Our customers really love these guns and will usually wait just for me to get the gun working instead of opting for our tippman rentals. thanks guys.
Sand Box Killers #73
El Paso, TX
09 DP Factory EGO
1.0 CK Luxe, 2.0 Board
fender1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2009, 12:41 AM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Are you running high pressure tanks? Or low pressure. Most low end blow backs require a high pressure input on the tanks or they won't keep up with air flow. Usually cheaper brand tanks with no name type regulators just can't keep up the needed flow rate, especially as the tanks empty. Once you get blow 1000psi or so.......they're going to have problems.

Some other things you can try are......perhaps a better gun oil?

Make sure the valves in the guns are not impacted from the strikers and causing drag on the poppets.

Make sure you oil the valves as well as the striker.

You can try raising your guns input pressure(it is cold out now) as well as lubing up all the regulators. Dry regs don't recharge fast enough.

You can try running a heavier striker spring to open the valve longer and give the gun more air to recock, you'll just to rechrony them.

Make sure the bolt pins aren't sinking down far enough into the striker to bind up the striker springs.

You might just be low on battery power so the sear is misfiring and causing issues.

Last but not least......if you're running those small 47ci 3000psi tanks, then the guns will probably be out of air pretty quickly. No air means no worky lol. I would think you'll get maybe 400 shots tops on one of those tanks, depending on the pressure settings and springs.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals, spring detents(not sure which models) F/S

Last edited by MstrKey : 12-23-2009 at 12:22 PM.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:17 PM #3
MidnightAngel
PB FOR LIFE

Try raise the pressure of regulator on the gun...
MidnightAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:41 PM #4
knis2me
Nice2me

knis2me owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
knis2me posts videos on PbNation
having the same problem!
knis2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:47 AM #5
coozman

My son's Blitz is having the same problem. The reg is set at 240 psi (is that too low???) and when we take it higher the gun burps. Is there any known issues with the striker not coming back far enough to catch the trigger??? That's what it seems like.
coozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:00 PM #6
knis2me
Nice2me

knis2me owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
knis2me posts videos on PbNation
ok if u have taken the striker out and puten it back in and u used the like trgiger pulling really fast so it slides in thats y. u need to take the triger frame of and then take the striker out. replace the striker oring then slide it in. then u can reatcah the trigger frame. Hope this works. its what i had to do. and make sure u lube every thing good.

For Sale
[/color]
knis2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:45 PM #7
coozman

I just solved my recocking issues. The users manual is incorrect when it says to increase air pressure by turning the regulator clockwise. The correct way to adjust is to turn counterclockwise. If you are not sure, adjust the reg all the way out until flush with frame then adjust in approx 1/4 inch. This should get you ballpark according to Dave at Azodin. The fine tune with velocity adjuster
coozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:35 AM #8
Orly12397

Quote:
Originally Posted by coozman View Post
I just solved my recocking issues. The users manual is incorrect when it says to increase air pressure by turning the regulator clockwise. The correct way to adjust is to turn counterclockwise. If you are not sure, adjust the reg all the way out until flush with frame then adjust in approx 1/4 inch. This should get you ballpark according to Dave at Azodin. The fine tune with velocity adjuster
How are u measuring can u plz explain with more detail plz.
Orly12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:27 AM #9
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
This thread is over 4 yrs old. Please start a new one.
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8

LOOKING FOR A BLUE AZODIN ZENITH...PM ME
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote