PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-19-2009, 05:38 PM #1
Rip Machine

Rip Machine is a founding member
Rip Machine owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Unhappy Need help with DM8... Leaking, and LPR issues.

Ok so my gun was working just fine when I tested it a couple days back. shot over the chrono just fine, ripped streams just fine. Today I went out to put some paint through at the field, and for some reason it started shooting rather inconsistently. I turned the LPR all the way down and slowly increased it/backed it out. The LPR would have a costant leak until the point where it started to cycle around 4-5 turns back. Then the gun wouldn't even shoot until about 6-7 turns back! Well I started troubleshooting from the ground up. I replaced the battery, pulled out and completely re-lubed the bolt, being very careful not to over-lube the bolt which I know to be a common issue. (on a side note... my dm8 bolt didn't do the trick where it pushed the bolt forward when you hold your thumb over the back hole and cycle it backward... I don't know if this means anything but I have no replacement parts at the time...)

Well after that, I tried it out again. Nothing, same issues.

Next I opened up the LPR and noticed that relevant to my manual it seemed as if my shim stack was in fact backwards. I was skeptical about this being the issue since the gun had worked fine before. I turned it around anyway. Replaced two of the o-rings, one in the seat and on another part, that didn't look too hot. Re-assembled the gun. Nothing, same issues.

Next I Disassembled the gun again and unscrewed the solenoid as it seems to me that the leak is coming from it. I could be very wrong. I cleaned off and re greased its gasket. Reassembled... and nothing. Same issue, if not worse leak now. At this point the gun doesn't even re-seal the leak when I back the LPR out enough...

Can someone help me? Or is it time to just send it to dye? I don't have any parts on me at all...
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2010, 06:56 AM #2
the U 825

i have the same exact problem! did you ever fix yours? how?
Old 04-04-2010, 03:16 PM #3
the U 825

anyone know what the problem is here?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????
Old 04-04-2010, 05:27 PM #4
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
I posted in the other thread. Probably not necessary to have two.

Edit: realized this one is old. Probably not necessary to dig this up.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote