Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-21-2009, 10:17 AM #1
wkma7six

Are the epiphany's supposed to maintain pressure after several hours?

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has this issue and if its normal to have the marker lose pressure over several hours when disconnected from a tank. I did the leak tests with the soap and water solution on all the fittings and seals that I could find, but had positive results and didn't notice immediate leaks that screamed "fix me".

Is this "automatic degassing" leak acceptable over several hours? I own an older stacked tube BB marker that maintains pressure indefinitely until I release the pressure. I've been trying to chase this down for hours and the marker's driving my crazy trying to find where the leak is coming from. The only other way is to completely dunk the thing under water which isn't good for the electronics

Oh, I do have a SP 360 QEV installed and everything else is stock. Other than the non-audible, non-visual leak tests, the marker works perfectly.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by wkma7six : 12-21-2009 at 10:29 AM.
wkma7six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2009, 02:26 PM #2
Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA D5 division
yeah they will degas after a certain amount of time. mine does, im pretty sure its normal.
Wild Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:57 PM #3
Sw00page

Sw00page helped look for balloons
Sw00page is playing at Living Legends III
Sw00page is for the Gunfight
Sw00page is for the Gunfight
Mine degases by itself relatively quick. Around 5 mins.
Sw00page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:10 PM #4
Umami
"That guy"

Umami supports our troops
All markers slowly "leak" because there's no such thing as a perfect seal. In general spool valve markers "leak" faster than poppet valved markers, but even my old Ego's would degas after about 6 hours.

It's completely normal. Some guns have regulators to automatically degas after the tank is removed as a safety precaution, but I don't think Epiphany's do. Just remember that even after you turn off your air there's a stored shot or two in there and don't do anything stupid.

SOG
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:04 PM #5
keeperdude
Ramblin' Wreck

keeperdude is an NCPA player
keeperdude plays in the APPA D4 division
Yeah, that is supposed to happen. Honestly every time you are done playing and you take off the tank you ought to put on the sock and fire a couple blank shots.

I doubt it will hurt it to stay pressurized but i can guarantee you nothing will go wrong if it is completely degassed.

And on a side note mine scared the p00p out of me the first time i used it. I got home and put it next to my bed (i fell asleep before i could get around to cleaning it...oops). After i fell asleep my gun decided to quickly degas all the air left over in it a made this huge whooshing noise as it released. It scared the crap out of me.

So now i prefer to decide when the air leaves the gun

BIG thanks to:
Nitro Paintball
keeperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:47 PM #6
wkma7six

Thanks for the responses.

Yeah, mine will stay pressurized for several hours. Even overnight and then some. Once it goes below the preset pressure on regulator, it does just release the rest. Just curious to know what was an acceptable rate if it was completely normal to degas.

Thanks again everyone!
wkma7six is offline   Reply With Quote