Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 05:15 PM #43
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Are you serious? My favorite teacher from high school who wrote my letter of recommendation was gay. I went to school from K-12 with 4 kids who ended up being gay. My 3 1/2 years of college have introduced me to plenty of gay people. My friends cousin who I near grew up with turned gay. I think you need to find a better argument instead of "you think gays are icky" and stop crying like a little ***** when someone has a different opinion than you.
SuperSupra619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2009, 10:24 PM #44
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
I'm surprised then, you're making ridiculous claims with no evidence to back them up. There's not a single study that I know of that has proven homosexuals to be more promiscuous. People who blame homosexuality for moral erosion are simply looking for a societal scapegoat. Sorry, but until you show some proof for your idea that homosexuality is bad for society, your claim is simply baseless and frankly, quite hair brained.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:33 PM #45
VanishPaintball
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
 has been a member for 10 years
VanishPaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Homosexuality and promiscuity go hand in hand. I would love to see some statistics that show the rate of promiscuous sex and unwanted pregnancies by year, but I'm sure these don't exist. I'm willing to bet it has been slowly rising every year as the media puts no limits on sexuality in the youths mind when they tell them that being gay is "ok". They see that if its ok for two men to have sexual contact (which is seen as an extreme), then it must be ok for them to do whatever they like. Now we have 12 year old girls having sex and getting pregnant in middle school. I could also talk about the rapid spread of HIV/AIDS, but that is not needed. I believe homosexuality would have more standing among us religious folk if it wasn't almost 100% synonymous with lust, pornography, and random sex. There is no homosexual "desire" that is apart from lust. Show me one gay person who waits until they are "married" to have sex. Show me the straight people who have pride parades of themselves through the streets naked and engaging in disgusting rituals for everyone to see. Only homosexuals, no one else (besides porn stars ) exhibit behavior like this. (When a straight person runs around naked in public, hes ridiculed, arrested, thrown in jail, and forced to register as a sex offender)

(Homosexuality = Promiscuity) =/= Good for society

It is nothing more then a perversion, just like bestiality, necrophilia, pedophilia, etc. The only difference is this perversion is starting to be accepted by society.
I can't be the only one who noticed homosexuals being blamed for teen pregnancy. Exactly how hard does a guy have to nail another guy for it to get a teen girl pregnant?
VanishPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:02 PM #46
Gisgo09
vGisgo
 
Gisgo09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Livonia, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Are you serious? My favorite teacher from high school who wrote my letter of recommendation was gay. I went to school from K-12 with 4 kids who ended up being gay. My 3 1/2 years of college have introduced me to plenty of gay people. My friends cousin who I near grew up with turned gay. I think you need to find a better argument instead of "you think gays are icky" and stop crying like a little ***** when someone has a different opinion than you.
First, I don't remember crying about anything. Second, should I assume that since you've resorted to name calling that is the extent of your argument?

You say you know all of these gay people yet you still belittle their life, throw stereotypes at them and diminish their entire existence as "the most unnatural way of life". You can't give us any real reasons or facts as to why being gay is ruining society or why anyone should be against it. So until you do I am going to stick with the premise that you think gays are icky and you don't like them. Prove me wrong.
__________________
Assumption is the mother of all **** ups.
"Thats a lot of Romans over there." "Yes but not one of them is Gisgo." Hannibal Barca and general Gisgo before the battle of Cannae in 216 BC.

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Gisgo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:36 PM #47
stressfire II (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
We can discuss the past all day long, but let's look at "today".

Why isn't God killing homosexuals anymore?

JESUS

Thanks guy! You're alright!
stressfire II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:44 PM #48
stressfire II (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Homosexuality and promiscuity go hand in hand. I would love to see some statistics that show the rate of promiscuous sex and unwanted pregnancies by year, but I'm sure these don't exist. I'm willing to bet it has been slowly rising every year as the media puts no limits on sexuality in the youths mind when they tell them that being gay is "ok". They see that if its ok for two men to have sexual contact (which is seen as an extreme), then it must be ok for them to do whatever they like. Now we have 12 year old girls having sex and getting pregnant in middle school. I could also talk about the rapid spread of HIV/AIDS, but that is not needed. I believe homosexuality would have more standing among us religious folk if it wasn't almost 100% synonymous with lust, pornography, and random sex. There is no homosexual "desire" that is apart from lust. Show me one gay person who waits until they are "married" to have sex. Show me the straight people who have pride parades of themselves through the streets naked and engaging in disgusting rituals for everyone to see. Only homosexuals, no one else (besides porn stars ) exhibit behavior like this. (When a straight person runs around naked in public, hes ridiculed, arrested, thrown in jail, and forced to register as a sex offender)

(Homosexuality = Promiscuity) =/= Good for society

It is nothing more then a perversion, just like bestiality, necrophilia, pedophilia, etc. The only difference is this perversion is starting to be accepted by society.

Teenage girls have been getting pregnant by age 12 for thousands of years. Only in modern society did we bump everything up to age 18. God designed our bodies. He designed a woman to get pregnant at a very early age. You know, that whole bleeding thing. People use to die in their 30s back in the day, so getting pregnant very young was considered the norm.

You can't blame homosexuals for teen pregnancies. That has got to be the most idiotic correlation I've ever read. Luckily, your views are only shared by a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanishPaintball View Post
I can't be the only one who noticed homosexuals being blamed for teen pregnancy. Exactly how hard does a guy have to nail another guy for it to get a teen girl pregnant?

LULZ some people.

Last edited by stressfire II : 01-04-2010 at 12:47 PM.
stressfire II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:16 PM #49
markcheb
surrender...don't move
 
markcheb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: across the Jordan river
Though the thread has been mildly entertaining lately and I guess we now know the "Muslim" view of Lot, I still don't see where anybody would want to be associated with the people of Sodom as though they shared the same "victimization" from God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressfire II View Post
We can discuss the past all day long, but let's look at "today".

Why isn't God killing homosexuals anymore?

JESUS

Thanks guy! You're alright!
what does that even mean???
__________________
Which thief ~»††«~ are you?
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:47 PM #50
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressfire II View Post
Teenage girls have been getting pregnant by age 12 for thousands of years. Only in modern society did we bump everything up to age 18. God designed our bodies. He designed a woman to get pregnant at a very early age. You know, that whole bleeding thing. People use to die in their 30s back in the day, so getting pregnant very young was considered the norm.

You can't blame homosexuals for teen pregnancies. That has got to be the most idiotic correlation I've ever read. Luckily, your views are only shared by a few.




LULZ some people.
that's quite a bit of a misnomer. I would wonder what "day" you're talking about, since almost all historic life expectancy information is severely distorted by high infant mortality rates. Once you survived to age 10, living well beyond 30 was quite normal. In fact, a large part of the dramatic increase we've seen in average life expectancy in the past century is directly attributed to medical advances in immunology(and disease control in general).

anyways, what a weird topic. I still don't understand why people believe that sodom's problem was homosexuality. I thought it would be all the other bad **** they did piled on top of wanting to rape angels.

mark: I believe he's referring to the new covenant of peace vs. nationalistic israel. at lease on a simplistic level, I'm not going to read too much into it since I don't know his beliefs.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:27 PM #51
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisgo09 View Post
First, I don't remember crying about anything. Second, should I assume that since you've resorted to name calling that is the extent of your argument?

You say you know all of these gay people yet you still belittle their life, throw stereotypes at them and diminish their entire existence as "the most unnatural way of life". You can't give us any real reasons or facts as to why being gay is ruining society or why anyone should be against it. So until you do I am going to stick with the premise that you think gays are icky and you don't like them. Prove me wrong.
What the hell type of facts can I give you? Higher rates of STD's, unwanted pregnancies, and premarital sex can all be attributed to the sexual revolution which the acceptance of homosexuality played a large role in. You tell me there are "scientific" studies that show being gay is normal by "brain scans", well there are scientific studies that show pedophiles have differences in brain structure and function. Do you accept pedophilia to be normal also, or do you still consider it a mental disorder? Fact of the matter is, you made a claim that it has been proven homosexuality is decided before birth when in fact there is absolutely no study that distinguishes it from any other perversion. It is a perversion, plain and simple, and until scientists find the gay-gene and show us which babies will be gay before they grow up, then you have zero basis for scientific argument.
SuperSupra619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:35 PM #52
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
What the hell type of facts can I give you? Higher rates of STD's, unwanted pregnancies, and premarital sex can all be attributed to the sexual revolution which the acceptance of homosexuality played a large role in. You tell me there are "scientific" studies that show being gay is normal by "brain scans", well there are scientific studies that show pedophiles have differences in brain structure and function. Do you accept pedophilia to be normal also, or do you still consider it a mental disorder? Fact of the matter is, you made a claim that it has been proven homosexuality is decided before birth when in fact there is absolutely no study that distinguishes it from any other perversion. It is a perversion, plain and simple, and until scientists find the gay-gene and show us which babies will be gay before they grow up, then you have zero basis for scientific argument.
so you had to make a decision to like women? Sure glad you made the right choice!
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:06 PM #53
markcheb
surrender...don't move
 
markcheb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: across the Jordan river
Since this thread was opened to discuss a certain portion of the Bible and what it, the Bible, doesn't say in that portion...

please move it to another thread guys.
__________________
Which thief ~»††«~ are you?
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:37 PM #54
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Christians don't seem to get the "Old Testament" very well...
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM #55
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
so you had to make a decision to like women? Sure glad you made the right choice!
Nope, I was born with the instinct to be attracted to women, like all human males are. Some males just acquire perverted thoughts and feelings. Some like sex with little kids, some like sex with the same sex, and some like having sex with animals.
SuperSupra619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:12 PM #56
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Nope, I was born with the instinct to be attracted to women, like all human males are. Some males just acquire perverted thoughts and feelings. Some like sex with little kids, some like sex with the same sex, and some like having sex with animals.
Proof proof proof please. All I've seen you do thus far is pull wild speculations out of your *** and expect people to accept them as fact. You've said the same thing over and over but you haven't supported it by facts once. Are you just going to continue acting like a child or are you going to participate in an intelligent discussion? Just wondering.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:25 AM #57
nflvikings
It's fizzix.
 
nflvikings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Illinois
nflvikings is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Proof proof proof please. All I've seen you do thus far is pull wild speculations out of your *** and expect people to accept them as fact. You've said the same thing over and over but you haven't supported it by facts once. Are you just going to continue acting like a child or are you going to participate in an intelligent discussion? Just wondering.
Silly question.
__________________
Old Feedback
nflvikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:48 PM #58
Gisgo09
vGisgo
 
Gisgo09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Livonia, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
What the hell type of facts can I give you? Higher rates of STD's, unwanted pregnancies, and premarital sex can all be attributed to the sexual revolution which the acceptance of homosexuality played a large role in. You tell me there are "scientific" studies that show being gay is normal by "brain scans", well there are scientific studies that show pedophiles have differences in brain structure and function. Do you accept pedophilia to be normal also, or do you still consider it a mental disorder? Fact of the matter is, you made a claim that it has been proven homosexuality is decided before birth when in fact there is absolutely no study that distinguishes it from any other perversion. It is a perversion, plain and simple, and until scientists find the gay-gene and show us which babies will be gay before they grow up, then you have zero basis for scientific argument.
Again with the unwanted gay pregnancies? Did you get an std from a gay person or do you plan on having unprotected sex with a gay person? If not how does it affect your life? And if we're talking about things being unnatural then it's a good thing you threw in not having sex until marriage, because that isn't how our species works.

Now on to your contradicting attempt at arguing science. I never mentioned anything about brain scans or absolute proof that there is a gay gene. But since you brought it up lets think about the fact that we have no control over how our brain forms, and that means it falls under nature and not choice. I don't accept pedophilia to be normal, nor do think being gay is normal, but that doesn't make being gay wrong. It just makes it an exception to the rule and not the norm. Do you think that anyone wakes up one day and says I think I want to spend the rest of my life being a child rapist? No it's how their brain is wired and they struggle with it for their entire life, some are successful others aren't. But to tie being gay and being a pedophile together is way off base. While forcing ones self onto a child is very wrong, two (sometimes more) adults having consensual sex with each other is not wrong. You may think it's icky, but that doesn't make it wrong. Again I ask you to just man up and be honest with your reason for disliking gays rather than throwing out petty excuses like marriage, stds and corrupting the youth of America.
__________________
Assumption is the mother of all **** ups.
"Thats a lot of Romans over there." "Yes but not one of them is Gisgo." Hannibal Barca and general Gisgo before the battle of Cannae in 216 BC.

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Gisgo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:57 PM #59
akatch79
Queen of the Norse
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
What the hell type of facts can I give you? Higher rates of STD's, unwanted pregnancies, and premarital sex can all be attributed to the sexual revolution which the acceptance of homosexuality played a large role in. You tell me there are "scientific" studies that show being gay is normal by "brain scans", well there are scientific studies that show pedophiles have differences in brain structure and function. Do you accept pedophilia to be normal also, or do you still consider it a mental disorder? Fact of the matter is, you made a claim that it has been proven homosexuality is decided before birth when in fact there is absolutely no study that distinguishes it from any other perversion. It is a perversion, plain and simple, and until scientists find the gay-gene and show us which babies will be gay before they grow up, then you have zero basis for scientific argument.
Science has shown that the hypothalami in homosexuals tend to be larger than those in heterosexuals. Incidentally, the hypothalamus controls, among other things, emotion and sexual feeling. Try looking into your claims before you make them, kay?
__________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
- Voltaire
A
akatch79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:48 PM #60
SameBIG CHIEF
Si vis pacem, para bellum
 
SameBIG CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BFE or where abouts
SameBIG CHIEF plays in the USPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Though the thread has been mildly entertaining lately and I guess we now know the "Muslim" view of Lot, I still don't see where anybody would want to be associated with the people of Sodom as though they shared the same "victimization" from God.


what does that even mean???
So you believe that your "God" and "Allah" aren't one and the same? I don't believe in any "God" atleast by any religious standards, does that mean I am immoral or that I don't know right from wrong? I have studied many different religions and at the core the beliefs are one and the same, maybe the names are different or different terms are used but they are all the same.

The difference between our generation and the generation of our parents and grandparents is the lack of faith. That's not a bad thing, but some people can't cope when life gets tough so they have to have a safety to fall back on, something they can turn to to gain comfort. I have resolved the fact that my fate is what I make it, that I don't have a divine path and that when I am dead and gone the world continues to turn without a hitch. I am perfectly fine with that.

The "rules" that are being spoke of are the rules that were being imposed upon a civilization that up until that point lived in their own accord. They were destroyed because they failed to acknowledge Christianity and conform to it's beliefs. It could be viewed as the world's first terrorist attack due to religious beliefs.
__________________
SameBIG CHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:17 PM #61
Umami
"That guy"
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Inside the Beltway
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
You tell me there are "scientific" studies that show being gay is normal by "brain scans", well there are scientific studies that show pedophiles have differences in brain structure and function. Do you accept pedophilia to be normal also, or do you still consider it a mental disorder?
Okay, so let's accept for a moment that there's something different going on in a gay person's mind.

What's to differentiate homosexuality from someone who likes Blondes vs. Brunettes? Someone with a photographic memory vs. verbal? Is someone who's always happy an abhorration that must be struck down? How about someone who loves their work so much they dedicate their lives to it, never to be married? I bet you could find something "different" about every person on the planet's brain function.

At what point does it become abhorrant and abnormal? Who's to decide? In my opinion, certainly not your God.

Pedophilia is a terrible example. A pedophile is likely to cause harm to a child. Gay people are without question capable of being in loving, constructive, and supportive relationships. So yes, I think of pedophilia as a mental disorder. I do not think of homosexuality as a mental disorder, just a different functioning.

And if the OP didn't want their thread to be about Homosexuality, they probably shouldn't have made it about Sodom and Gomorrah.
__________________
SOG
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:32 PM #62
Benshan
 
 
Benshan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Amarillo, TX
I don't know if anyone has checked this out but there was a lot more to Sodom's destruction than just homosexuality.
Ezekiel 16:49 & 50 49 " 'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen."

Arrogant, gluttonous, apathetic to their sin, did not care for the poor and needy. He points out the arrogance again then lists immorality. So there was a lot more going on here than just homosexuality.
__________________
ChristKrew #265


http://www.specopsbrigade.com/member_view.php?id=178442
Benshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:36 PM #63
markcheb
surrender...don't move
 
markcheb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: across the Jordan river
BigChief - Sodom and Gomorrah are well before the incarnation of Christ so....

Benshan this is kind of why I posted it up. It's a whole lot more to it and as I read it "homosexuality" doesn't really seem to be part of it, at least a significant part of it. Unless homosexuality = city wide rape of strangers. Not exactly a cause that I'd want to attach to "my cry of persecution".
__________________
Which thief ~»††«~ are you?
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32

Last edited by markcheb : 01-24-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: speelin as always
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump