Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-14-2009, 05:42 PM #1
MaIrons

When will pts prizes be awarded?

I plan on staying on top of this ... Not really ment for a discution -- more to stay on top of the fact that we still don't know what the prizes are or when we can collect.

We all should have been aware of the prizes at the begining of the season ...

The Lifestyle Army -- USPL/d2

<3'n pev's
MaIrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2009, 12:14 AM #2
mitchega

mitchega supports Cereal Killerz 2
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
It's funny how there has been no response to this
mitchega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:48 AM #3
MaIrons

Pev last posted 12-8-09; just under two weeks later and nothing?

<3'n pev's
Old 12-21-2009, 04:20 PM #4
ndzshocker293
Fork

ndzshocker293 is playing at Living Legends III
ndzshocker293 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ndzshocker293 supports Team VICIOUS
This is pathetic they cant give anything back to people who spent tons of time and money wanting to win this.

BEST!>OTB Productions<BEST!
ndzshocker293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:17 PM #5
PinkPantsSam

PinkPantsSam plays in the USPL
PinkPantsSam plays in the PSP
PinkPantsSam plays in the APPA D4 division
lol i didnt go to the last 3-4 events because i knew this was going to happen. r team dropped from 1st to 3rd lol
PinkPantsSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:04 PM #6
IM_SUPER_SECRET

i have been watching all of these threads for quite sum number of days now and in all honsety, u have a better chance of getting a fully grown pumpkin into your own mouth then recieving a prize(s) for your team. i kno most of u have been playing in this series all year and from what seen in the past and wittnessed this past year, is this: marty and tracy have given u all great tournament series, by far better then anyone tht i worked in 6 years ago when rab was still running it. i understand tht u have spent ur money on these events but, more than likely u will NOT be recieving a prize
IM_SUPER_SECRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:25 PM #7
MaIrons

Response to above --

Other point of this thread is to keep everyone informed about the situation -- pev promised prizes in previous threads and I want future pts teams to be aware of the fact that to date, nada. It's (in my opinion) a huge social responsibility for pevs to follow through or at the very minimum not misslead future teams into believing that the matter was solved. The other thread is locked so what other way then to create another, less hostile thread.

On another note I emailed mike asking about series prizes ... No response but then again it is the holiday season. I think it would be helpful if teams respectfully emailed him concerning the prizes -- maybe the captin so he doesn't have a billion emails. If you want his email address shoot me a pm.

<3'n pev's
Old 12-22-2009, 09:20 PM #8
PinkPantsSam

PinkPantsSam plays in the USPL
PinkPantsSam plays in the PSP
PinkPantsSam plays in the APPA D4 division
I shot him 2 Emails in the begining of the season, and right befor i pulled my team out. both ignored. i stayed on top of tracey and marty about it and all they could tell me was shoot mike an email and hopefully he gets back to u. mike had no intention of giving prizes. even if n10cd was still a team i bet that he would find some other way to flake. the other thread was closed because it was "hostile". well if he didnt mess up there would b no need for it.
PinkPantsSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:58 PM #9
n10cd_kid
BlUeHaIr MeNaCE

let me be the first to apoligize, i did take part in the reffing and organization of these PTS's this year. We as a whole are not suprized about the many threads that have been started to try and figure out what and when the prizes will be given to the winning teams. as of this point zero have been awarded, personaly not suprized. in the past prizes have been few and far between, either being not what was promised or to few to actualy supply the winning teams. as i recall 2 or 3 three years ago DM's were promised only to get to the end of the year and PM's were given away. Mike Pev, is a bussiness man i do understand cutting cost to keep your floundering bussiness afloat, but it should not be at the cost of ur valuble customers and loyal teams. as for prizes guys u probly wont see anything other than what u recieved for winning a normal singular event. and for this i am sorry guys

SPLASH KARTA MAG
n10cd_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:04 PM #10
azndragon2222
Daiguren Hyōrinmaru

azndragon2222 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
azndragon2222 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
azndragon2222 posts videos on PbNation
azndragon2222 plays in the APPA D4 division
azndragon2222 supports Empire
another PTS ended early...still no series prizes...wth was the point?
Team STATIC
R.I.P. Team Prodigy + Prophecy-Team Misfortune-B.C. Renegades
azndragon2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:18 PM #11
ndzshocker293
Fork

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndragon2222 View Post
another PTS ended early...still no series prizes...wth was the point?
to make money haha

Old 12-30-2009, 10:10 AM #12
azndragon2222
Daiguren Hyōrinmaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndzshocker293 View Post
to rob us of our hard earned money haha
fixed
Team STATIC
Old 12-30-2009, 04:30 PM #13
misseddatarget2

has been a member for 10 years
i played the series for the last time in 2006. its funny how these things never change. they promised three (3) 2006 Ego's for first in rookie, and we received one (1) used 2005 Ego, one (1) 2006 Ego, and one (1) Nexus G4H ego. The issue was resolved but it took almost a month and far more effort the it was worth. IDK if it is still true, but i think you need to get in contact with Mike's brother Todd Peverill. He was in charge back then. Hope this helps
misseddatarget2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:38 PM #14
ndzshocker293
Fork

This has been more than a month and people have tried emailing/calling him but he never responds. Hopefully no ones plays PTS again so pev's can't scam or whatever they do.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:27 PM #15
azndragon2222
Daiguren Hyōrinmaru

well...its the new year now...and still nothing. this is bull****...i'm never playing another pevs sponsored tournament ever again (if i ever come out of retirement )
Team STATIC
Old 01-10-2010, 01:32 AM #16
teamdare

teamdare is playing at Living Legends III
teamdare owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
teamdare is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I closed it because of the insults being thrown around. People had a chance to ask questions and even vent but it was going overboard.

It looks like Pev is working on figuring out the series prizes though.

Im still waiting....................
teamdare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:45 PM #17
Pev

Pev is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pev works for a Paintball manufacturer
Pev supports Pev's Paintball
At the begining of the season, it was announced that due to scaled back sponsorships from manufactuers like Dye, Eclipse, JT, etc due to the economy, we would not have overall series prizes. Please look at every flyer for last year, never did we mention series prizes. Instead, it was more valuable to the teams and players to be able to play on the nicest turf on the east coast. If you read the postings from the Pro Teams that played at the USPL held at Pevs in August, you will see the players said "there wasnt anything better and that they wish all the events were held at Pevs because of the amazing turf fields". The cost of turf fields to install, MAINTAIN, and CLEAN at the end of every day is 100% times more costly than grass fields.

I have an idea, if teams want series prizes again, we can do all the PTS events on the grass fields so we dont have the cost of clean up. Did you guys ever notice what happens to the paintballs at the end of the day? They are all picked up because unlike grass fields, they dont disolve into the ground. This is why the turf fields cost more to play, CLEAN UP!
The Teams said they would rather play on amazing turf fields that are soft, with no rocks or puddles instead of getting great prizes. So we answered with two turf fields, EACH one costing $100,000 to install. Pev's lost money on the PTS, but because we want our customers to have the best tournament field to play, it was worth it.

Have you ever noticed that most of Pev's business comes from people who dont even play the turf fields or tournaments. We could built 10 more fields with towns, castles, forts, villages, etc with the same money to build only 2 turf fields. But because we love paintball, and we listend to our customers when we asked, 90% of our tournament customers said they would rather us offer top grade tourny turf fields instead of prizes. We did the turf fields for YOU... the tourny player which makes up only 10% of paintball customers.

So, I ask you, do you care about playing the sport you say you love, or do you just care about prizes? It should be ALL ABOUT THE GAME, which means the best fields to play on.

We have Pro Teams traveling across country this year just to use Pev's turf fields to practice, because they say "its the best anywhere". Most tourny players consider you guys lucky that you get to play these amazing fields.
Pev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:11 PM #18
DigitalLifeDS
Digital Arts / Web Design

DigitalLifeDS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DigitalLifeDS supports Team VICIOUS
DigitalLifeDS supports Pev's Paintball
Mike,
I can't speak on any flyer that may have been received because I just heard about the PTS and immediately signed up for one event. However, I do know that while participating in the PTS that one day, other teams were talking about the series prizes. However, neither my team nor I are in the rally party for the end of the year seasons prizes. But I would like to see the teams, who actually won the prizes get what they deserved.

Now, if there werenít any series prizes then why did you mention that there would be on PBN?
Listed below is Mikeís Post:
----------------------------------------------------------------
This is my last comment. there is not doubt Marty and Tracy are great people, they have helped Pevs out whenever they can. As well has Pevs has helped them out as well. I wish them the best of luck, its a shame they never came to me to tell me that they were leaving, i found it on pbnation.

There is more to every story but out of respect to those families, we will let the issue go.

and if you read my original post, the event was cancelled for mulitiple reasons, read it again, not just the team bailing, that was the final piece.

As for series prizes, they still will exist, we are working the out the details.
-----------------------------------------

REGARDING SPONSORSHIP: Also, you mentioned that you lost a bunch of sponsorship for the 2009 season but you still have them listed on your Web site within the Tournament section < http://www.pevs.com/league.asp >.

REGARDING YORU FIELD: I canít argue about your field because I TRULY LOVE YOUR FIELDS!! However, I do wish you would make some adjustments with regards to the turf field. For example, we are to now pay $29 dollars to play turf and within that one day, walk-on turf players are interrupted at least 5 Ė 8 times to allow private groups to play. I donít know about anyone else but I came there to play. So may I suggest putting the private group at a grass field speedball setup? In my opinion, private groups are not paying the $29 dollars that turf players are paying and yet I feel like Iím getting shafted on play time when that happens. But it also shows the level of importance regarding Walk-on Turf players vs. Private Groups.
In closing, your field DOES ROCK and so DOES YOUR STAFF!

THANK YOU SHOUT OUT TO THE STAFF! Brian, Cody, Meghan, Chris, and the tall skinny Dorky looking, Empire Gear wearing dude, oh yeah canít forget Greg who isnít apart of staff but heck, this is my shout out anyway! All of you guys ROCK! And you should ask Todd and Mike for raises! Greg, you should ask for a free play passÖ LOL

BUT! I am now sketchy about your PTS tournament and how PEVS, as a company runs their business!
DigitalLifeDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 PM #19
balla4life93
so fresh

Playing on a nice maintained grass field would be better than turf. Having prizes and playing on grass would be better than that slippery/sticky turf thats not all that. There no psp events with turf like Pev's. He better get his **** organized for next years series.

NOTE TO FUTURE PLAYERS!!: DON'T PLAY PTS!!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 PM #20
MaIrons

Quote:
Originally Posted by balla4life93 View Post
Playing on a nice maintained grass field would be better than turf. Having prizes and playing on grass would be better than that slippery/sticky turf thats not all that. There no psp events with turf like Pev's. He better get his **** organized for next years series.

NOTE TO FUTURE PLAYERS!!: DON'T PLAY PTS!!
That's the bottom line ... Wish I had known better

<3'n pev's