PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-23-2010, 11:30 PM #85
Esmeraldus

Esmeraldus supports Sherwood Forest
I just started my 12-year-old son.

He was borrowing gear that belonged to a friend of mine and I was shooting a Piranha that my brother got me for my birthday years ago, but I only broke out this year when I found friends who play.

But my buddy found a sponsor for his team, so started selling his gear. I bought myself a better marker, and passed the Piranha on to the little dude.

He's having a total blast, and really enjoying the time with me.

He's even wearing my old Navy BDUs to play. It's hilarious.
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2010, 01:08 PM #86
ballin v6
HKanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmeraldus View Post
I just started my 12-year-old son.

He was borrowing gear that belonged to a friend of mine and I was shooting a Piranha that my brother got me for my birthday years ago, but I only broke out this year when I found friends who play.

But my buddy found a sponsor for his team, so started selling his gear. I bought myself a better marker, and passed the Piranha on to the little dude.

He's having a total blast, and really enjoying the time with me.

He's even wearing my old Navy BDUs to play. It's hilarious.
Awesome, Where do you play?
ballin v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:05 AM #87
Esmeraldus

Esmeraldus supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin v6 View Post
Awesome, Where do you play?
We're in Ohio. We've played woodsball in a quarry site a friend owns, and there's a place called Crazy Dave's over in PA about 45 minutes away for speedball.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:38 PM #88
sup'mango
Dallas

sup'mango supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalPants View Post
Must be nice to have someone else pay for your stuff....

I wish someone would pay for mine lolz

im sad now
Dont complain, im 15 and payed for every marker i own and get very little help from my parents on holidays. i shoot an oil slick pm7 which i wpayed 850 for by myself and baught my hopper, pump gun, cockers, pmr's, and my pimp. all with my own money. My parents have came and supported me last year in my first ever tourney and acutually payed for a case of paint which was very generous. They enjoy seeing me play because it makes me happy. but still little money is given to me for paintball. But baseball they buy anything i want. What is sad is my dad cant play due to blood thinners and cant bruise, and my mom just wont play
sup'mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:39 AM #89
pballdavid

pballdavid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballdavid supports Team VICIOUS
Just be happy your parents are not so weird.
My dad always told me to stick to something that I like.
I started off when I was young doing martial arts and got sick of that so i quit, then went onto doing many sports for my high school which were basketball, track, and many others.
Now that I have been paintballing for about 3 years going on 4 years my dad tells me that I need to quit paintball and focus on school.
Yes school is important and it is my future and I understand that, but seriously?! you tell me to find something i love and stick to it and once I find it they tell me to quit...
I have tried to get my dad to go with me to feel how it is but he is just to stubborn and dont give a damn.
So he does not like me playing it and does not put in 1 penny to help out but i still find a way to get the money to go out and practice with my team.
I reff now sundays so that i can go out and use the paint for practice on saturday the next week. It is a good way for me to get these things done that i want.
I just wish my dad would understand how paintball is addicting and such an amazing thing to get into.
pballdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:58 PM #90
lucasicool

lucasicool helped look for balloons
lucasicool supports Sherwood Forest
lucasicool has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lucasicool has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lucasicool has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Though I am not a dad or mom of community, my story relates. About a year ago a package I had purchased arrived at my door. My parents picked it up and got pretty mad that I hadn't told them. I then described what paintball was all about as before they just knew they were dropping me off to play this aggressive and "violent" game. I told them (with quite a bit of hatred) that until they played they would never understand my love for the game.Though i deeply love my parents, I knew they would have much trouble understanding what I saw in this game. So the next weekend my dad was all geared up to go play paintball... I let him borrow my etek so he would have more fun and decided to use my old SLG. Over the next 4 hours my dad and i discovered a bond we never knew existed that consisted mainly of teamwork, communication, and all around fun. I would see him laugh maniacally when he let off a short burst towards the enemy and how he acted all macho and serious when he got hit. Towards the end of the day we played a little speedball and in a 1v1 I shot him out... I believe he has a newfound respect for the game and the times he has spent with me... I only have one further thing to say. Thank you paintball
lucasicool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:10 PM #91
pballdavid

pballdavid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballdavid supports Team VICIOUS
I just wish my parents would understand the sport and accept it. Yes they allow me to go out and play sometimes but half the time I have to sneak out of house real early in morning to leave to play. It sucks then I get in trouble when I get home because I left to practice with team.
pballdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:13 PM #92
r3dleon

All you kids out there that have parents that are involved and care about your paintball are really lucky... anytime i mention paintball i get snide comments about how it's stupid... Anyway thanks to all you moms/dads that support your kids!!
r3dleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM #93
BeastBaller321
Who Doesn't Love An Ego!

i dont have any stories but would just like to thank all the parents for supporting their kids and helping them out when it comes to paintball A+ for that

BeastBaller321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:18 PM #94
DragonLady4732

I never use to love playing paintball like I do now until my oldest son joined me and the team I help co-founded. He use to come with me to team practices to just watch. And on the way, he always ask me a lot of question which I can see his interest on the sport really has taken off and was hook. When he became old enough to join the team and attended his first game, I remember him using me as a "human shield" hiding behind my back. HEHEHEHEHEH! When he came home that day, he was showing me the paintball hits he got. One of them was on the back of his right ankle. And boy, what a big one it was. Now, my oldest one is turning 13 next week and towering over me. Some of the things he has accomplish in playing in a scenario game was getting a young gun award and being a young gun commander especially on a recent scenario event called: We Were Soldiers: Battle of Ia Drang Valley at Tactical Paintball. He was the NVA Young Gun Commander. Playing paintball brought me and oldest son closer because it is what we both like doing together. My second son just recently joined playing paintball with us this year. I guess all that hype about the sport from his older brother rubbed off on my second son who could not wait to join his older brother early this year. So now, both of my older boys plays with me and my team and I drive them around to play whatever games they like to attend whether it is a team event that whole entire team is planning to attend, or it is just the three of us. My youngest child still has a long way before he can join his brothers. Maybe 8 more years I guess this coming January after he turns two.

Team Website: http://www.federationguard.com
Sponsors/Supporters:

http://www.tacticalpaintball.com , http://www.reddotpaintball.com , http://www.btpaintball.com , http://www.valkensports.com ,
http://www.pinokiohoppers.com, http://www.milsimbrotherhood.webs.com/

Last edited by DragonLady4732 : 12-18-2010 at 03:21 PM.
DragonLady4732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:50 PM #95
ErflesMcBride

well lets see.... I went paintballing with my friend one time at it was only us, no one else at all, when my dad came to pick us up, we started pleading him to try it... well... he did. He isnt hooked on it... actually, he still doesnt like it at all....the sight was hilarious though. Imagine a 52 year old bald man, kinda heavy, with his gun and a ref shield... he jumped in our game and started blasting away... we ended up giving him about 6 hits, 2 neck... 3 chest, and 1 below the belt...
ErflesMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:59 AM #96
iceman_PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErflesMcBride View Post
well lets see.... I went paintballing with my friend one time at it was only us, no one else at all, when my dad came to pick us up, we started pleading him to try it... well... he did. He isnt hooked on it... actually, he still doesnt like it at all....the sight was hilarious though. Imagine a 52 year old bald man, kinda heavy, with his gun and a ref shield... he jumped in our game and started blasting away... we ended up giving him about 6 hits, 2 neck... 3 chest, and 1 below the belt...
I know a lot of 52 year old bald men that are kinda heavy that love to play paintball . I'm 47 and a bit overweight and I play! Next time go a little easy on your Dad and maybe he will get hooked.
iceman_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 AM #97
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
i have been playing rec/woodsball for about 4 years, and my son has been playing with me for three of them. we started out with the tippy's in the woods and both of us realized that we were getting into some trouble! 10+ markers later and various playing styles (tried and failed) we have now settled in to setups and playing styles that the both of us are comfortable with and effective. he is 14 now, a straight A+ student (that makes me the proudest!) plays football for his H.S., but starting in March...we shoot people! The smile on his face on the way there, the way he does his part on the field, and the overall appreciation for the game, the equipment and the time we spend together is priceless. my father, his grandfather comes every now and then and gets the biggest kick out of watching the two of us and our teammates play. a wise man once told me (my father) "you can't put a price on fun" and he was right. it drives my wife a little nuts, but it's what we do...even if we have to sneak some stuff into the house...or monitor the mail for packages before she gets home from work!

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:03 PM #98
facemower14
THAT guy

facemower14 plays in the PSP
facemower14 plays in the APPA D5 division
i have been playing for over 6 years now and my parents weren't really "receptive" when it came to me and my two buddies wanting to play paintball. They each got tippmmans and I got some piranha and we started playing. When my parents met the older kids that i played with, they were all for it. My mom was even out there taking pictures of us during practice!

So to all of you parents that gave paintball a chance, thank you.

And to those of you who hate the sport- try it.

We all know what it is like to have to hide "those packages" from mom or dad especially when it was something expensive that they didn't know about.
facemower14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:10 AM #99
tyskidmore3
Thats not my name

tyskidmore3 plays in the PSP
tyskidmore3 helped look for balloons
tyskidmore3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
tyskidmore3 plays in the APPA D1 division
tyskidmore3 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by facemower14 View Post
i have been playing for over 6 years now and my parents weren't really "receptive" when it came to me and my two buddies wanting to play paintball. They each got tippmmans and I got some piranha and we started playing. When my parents met the older kids that i played with, they were all for it. My mom was even out there taking pictures of us during practice!

So to all of you parents that gave paintball a chance, thank you.

And to those of you who hate the sport- try it.

We all know what it is like to have to hide "those packages" from mom or dad especially when it was something expensive that they didn't know about.
My ego11 box is under my bed. finding playboys would be the least of my concerns if they looked under there lol. not saying I have any playboys, but I'd rather they find those than that box.