PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-23-2010, 08:17 PM #64
TropicalPants
THE BEES KNEES

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaintball321 View Post
alright i have a decent story. im 13 have been balling for about 3 years? my friend got me into it and my first game i had a sick neckshot. nevertheless i was hooked.the next sun i went to the open speedball games and continued. when it came summer my dad had less work and i decided i would try to get him to try it. he tried it and also liked the rush like i did and was hooked. my dad currently has a spider mr1 :/ and i have an ego 10. we could not be more happy.one thing i must say to kids geting there parents into the sport, it is an amazing bonding experience my dad and i are much closer then when we started. my dad and i are both looking for a team around erie or ohio and the paintball addiction doesnt seem to be wereing out. this looks like something i will be doing and teaching my kids for generations to come
Must be nice to have someone else pay for your stuff....

I wish someone would pay for mine lolz

im sad now
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2010, 08:31 PM #65
camohunter
I just throw paintballs

camohunter plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalPants View Post
Must be nice to have someone else pay for your stuff....

I wish someone would pay for mine lolz

im sad now

Its ok, im in the same boat you are.....broke and have to pay for my own gear

████████████████████████████████████████
Picasso Lake Factory Team
FOR SALE: SFT SHOCKER DYE DM7
████████████████████████████████████████
camohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:52 PM #66
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master

DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Guys please, this is a thread for Dads, Moms and Kids to tell their stories about how paintball brings them closer to their family members.
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook

Last edited by DSDM : 05-25-2010 at 06:53 AM.
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:19 PM #67
spgunner
I shoot bad guys

spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner supports Team VICIOUS
spgunner is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
spgunner is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyng View Post
After reading all the preceding posts I feel compelled to tell my story.

It started with a nasty divorce. My last offspring was ten years old. I thought I had lost him forever. I tried to be involved in his life as much as I could. Being a competitive pistol, rifle and shotgun shooter traveling the country attending shoots, I naturally thought that my son would follow in his dad's footsteps. WRONG!! He wanted to play with his friends, don't know if he was mad at me for the divorce or what, he wouldn't tell me.

He lived with his mother and had some neighborhood friends that played alittle paintball. He played with them and had a blast. He asked me to take them to a paintball field so they could play paintball. A truck load of kids on the way to a paintball field, yeah, the noise level was high. I would sit there watching them play, reading a book and getting bored. I thought to myself, how could my son not be interested in shooting guns?

OK, after watching them play, I started analyzing their technique and strategy and thinking to myself that they need a plan. Thought to myself, I'm too old the run around and get down and dirty. After 4 weeks, I said I can do this and if this is what my son wants to do, I'll try it.

Bought myself a brand new 06 EGO and all the gear. As the whistle blew on my very first game, I looked out from behind my bunker and took one right in the mask, didn't fire one shot.

We started to dominate the rec ballers. So I proposed to the kids that we start a team and start playing tourneys. Now the circle is complete. We traveled all over Texas playing tournaments and found out that if you're not a local team, some preferential treatment was given to locals. Did some research and found out that PSP was having the Texas Open in Round Rock, TX. Took ten kids, man that room was crowded.

Sought out some local teams from San Antonio and found X-Factor playing D1 Division. Met a couple of players and started hanging at their paintball store. Learned alot about paintball. I bought every paintball magazine and dvds I could find. I became a student of the game.

We started to play national events attending every PSP event each year. I now run the paintball field for X-Factor on weekends and now help coach the Pro, Semi-Pro Team plus my own team. Took six months off because I had so many players on my team that wanted to play, after all I'm old.

I've watched and played with my son at the national level, but it wasn't shooting it was playing paintball. I would have never guessed.

We'll be at the PSP Chicago Open in June, trying to dominate.

I'll close by saying, you'll never know if you never try. Tell your parents to try at least one game, they just might like it. Some advise, thank your parents sometimes, they will notice.

If they say their too old, tell them that I'm 59, overweight, slow, ugly and have more pills in my back pack than girls phone numbers.

If you see me, said hi and introduce me to your parents.

Adios,
Live long and prosper.
Sidney
Your friendly coach
i know you!!! youve met my mom before

spgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:14 PM #68
big,bad,PAINTBALLER
Are you a beaver cuz dam!

big,bad,PAINTBALLER helped look for balloons
big,bad,PAINTBALLER owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
big,bad,PAINTBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
big,bad,PAINTBALLER is reppin' sidebar 4 life
big,bad,PAINTBALLER is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by spgunner View Post
i know you!!! youve met my mom before
chreepy?
big,bad,PAINTBALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:44 PM #69
Alanboi562

Alanboi562 supports Team VICIOUS
Alanboi562 is an NCPA player
Alanboi562 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Im a 14 year old kid , My mom doesnt like paintball or guns period but she lets me go and I thank her for that , She doesnt like it that I waste my money to go than clothes etc , My Dad is cool about it an he went 2 times in his life , I played 6+ Times and play at Hollywoodsports park and SC village in California , I also own a 09 Spyder pilot w/Eyes and no tank and hopper , I would like to stay in the sport and start pumping to save paint .

Instagram; @Paintballmemes
Alanboi562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:32 AM #70
GOTink
Jesus Freak!

GOTink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GOTink supports Team VICIOUS
I take my son to play every chance I get.. He has been playing for 2 years now and will be a Freshman next year.

Years ago, I played quite a bit but quit because he was too young to play and I lost interest. When he first played 2 years ago with a friend, he said he wanted me to join him next time.. At this point, it is the one thing that we do together and I love the bonding time. It is great for our relationship and I get to shoot him and be shot.

Last winter we were playing indoor speedball and he started talking smack to me about how much better he was.. He begged me to play a game of 1 vs. 1. Let's say it did not turn out so good for him.. I shot him from 10 yards away right in the neck, it was a nasty purple oozing sore.. He was mad but took it like a man.

No more 1 on 1's for me but we still love to play. I took him to PSP Chicago this year to watch and he has the bug even more. Looking to get him on a team soon. His favorite player is Thomas Taylor and I approve. TT is a good man that has strong faith and does for others. What more could you ask for as a role model for your child.

Peace to all. I love this sport for the bond it has given me with my son.
Philippians 4:13

Planet Eclipse
GOTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:00 AM #71
darbelis12

rocks.

Paintball rocks.
_______
dosage for ambien, what is adipex

Last edited by darbelis12 : 08-10-2010 at 04:29 AM.
darbelis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:07 PM #72
Loganinderrieden23
Porsche>everything

Loganinderrieden23 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Loganinderrieden23 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDM View Post
I am a paintball Dad been one since '03. My boy got me into it because he wanted to try it out. I played in ’95 but it didn’t really interest me. Competition Pistol and Rifle Shooting were my games of choice back then. They were about as expensive as paintball is if not more. Anyway, back to the point, what makes paintball and parenting go hand in hand for you?
My boy and I used to play in the woods out behind our house because it was the only place to play. We got the neighbors involved and had a blast for about 3 years. We started to venture out into the speedball world and caught the bug. After that it was game on. It was pretty cool to see him go from timid kid who would hide and wait to straight out baller who would seek out his opponent s and battle it out.

In October of ’07 our Commanding General directed that our base would have a paintball program on it so I got involved with the program for adults which then spun off into a Kids program. I coach the teen paintball program on my base every Friday night which allows me to bring kids into paintball safely and the right way.

In October of ’08 My boy and I formed a team with some of the committed adult paintballers and now we play speedball tournaments in Syracuse every month. This last summer we started a young guns team with the kids from the Friday night paintball program and they have played two tournaments with my main team this year.

What are you doing with your kids? Please share your stories.
not a dad nor should i be wayyy to young(14 but.....i wish you were my dad :p
Old 07-18-2010, 12:52 AM #73
stephen11

stephen11 supports Team VICIOUS
i wish my parents were supportive they barely let me play even though its my money i tried to get my dad into it, he played three times then said and i quote " in time we will support u in playing paintball" he said that three years ago wen is that time coming. ive been a baller for three years i would like to thank my friend who told me everything and making me try it out. i would like my parents to at least help me pay a bit i mean all those who have their parents pay for everything are lucky u see i have to buy every thing i dont mind but it gets annoying some times.

Last edited by stephen11 : 07-18-2010 at 01:03 AM.
stephen11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:03 PM #74
mini brb

mini brb is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupportinYou View Post
I can't really tell if my parents are supportive of it or not. My dad said he would go but the day we picked one time was a sunday so my dad decided to sit in the car and listen to the football broadcast while the other two dads were playing with us. My mom doesn't really say much about it. My parents both agreed that paintball was expensive but right now I don't have to pay for my own paint and entry even though I offered to buy my paint and entry after I bought my own gear.
lucky i have played since i was 6 in the woods with my dad using spiders and tip 98 when i was 12 i wanted to start playing speed ball so i saved for a ion and a carbon tank i loved it i played for a year then it just got to costy so i stoped playing sold the gear and this past week i bought a new gun and going to start playing this weekend all because my mom said she wanted me to see me play again

Vanguard Paintball
Valken Sports
Mpact Sportz
mini brb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:46 PM #75
vesparider

vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
I fill in at practice from time to time with my son's team... I just support his sport the best I can with the resources available.

Why is the old man playing snake side?

Anyway.. Its a ball and glad him and I can do this together.. So stop your *****ing about parents that pay for stuff.
My son cleans up constrution sites at age 12 to help pay for his stuff. Most of the whiners should be grateful some of us parents support this sport. It it wasn't for many parents attendance would be down and fields would charge more...
Old 08-20-2010, 10:35 PM #76
DYNASTYxPRO
i love paintball

DYNASTYxPRO owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DYNASTYxPRO supports Team VICIOUS
DYNASTYxPRO posts videos on PbNation
My parents beat me when i lose or get an A- check my sig
DYNASTYxPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:47 PM #77
Fastlearner

This has been a rough year schedule wise. We just got to play last Saturday. It was the first time since April. At first I tried to give "MINIME" some pointers and then left him to fend for himself. At the end of the day we had a little conversation...

MINIME; "Dad how well did I do?"
ME; "What do you mean"
MINIME; "Well, did I do better than average?"
ME; "You've only played open play a couple of days."
MINIME; "Do you ever think I'll be as good as you?"
ME; "That only depends on how much you want to play and how much money you're willing to spend on paintball. The more important question is, did you have fun today?"
MINIME; "Yeah, that was awesome"

Long pause...

MINIME; "Dad, is it possible to overdose on fun?"
ME; "NAW!"

If Jesus is nothing more than a good teacher, I've put up with alot for nothing.....I Corinthians 15:19, "If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men..."

"Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.." unknown
Fastlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:37 PM #78
erhlich

Wandering the forums late at night I discovered this one. So I figured I'd post mine. I played briefly back in the late 80's had a blast but life intervened and I wen t away for a while. So fast forward 2 yrs ago I decided to start back up again, picked up some Walmart special and headed for the field. All the fun I remembered from way back when was still there. My oldest boys (8, 10 and 11 at the time) started bugging me to take them. After I convinced their mother that her precious offspring would actually survive and probably have some fun we were off. The two oldest had a blast! The youngest took one hit to the calf and decided target shooting was all he was doing for the rest of the day. Now I take the older two every couple of months and eventually when the others ( I have a total of 5 boys) get older I'll take them too. We've hooked friends and neighbors on it as well. I wish we could play more but with me working 5 out of 6 weekends it's tough to find time. My kids have a great time, they are learning to work together to accomplish a goal (eliminating the other side) and are learning value ( I make them pay for their paint with allowance money). I wish I had the time to get as involved as some of the other dads but I'm still happy that I am able to spend the time with my kids that I do. Paintball has been a great way to bond with my kids. And my wife does think I'm insane, she actually thought I was cheating on her once because I told her I was going to play in a steady 40 degree drizzle. When I got home soaked, freezing and covered in welts she apologized for the cheating comments however I definately cemented the insanity case.

--- Rob
erhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:53 AM #79
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master

DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlearner View Post
MINIME; "Dad, is it possible to overdose on fun?"
ME; "NAW!"
That made me laugh so hard. Great job to all the Dads and Moms!

I got to meet and introduce my son to Tim Montressor this weekend. He has not stopped talking about that yet. My son got to have his picture taken with Tim and talk to him for a while. We went to a place to eat near the field and all the Pros that were playing walked in and Tim walked by pated my son on the back and said, "hi". That made his day even better.
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:47 PM #80
Gundy_G

this kinda makes me sad because my 'rents are vehemently opposed to the sport. My mom hates anything that goes pop pop and looks like she's going to throw up when she sees a welt, and my dad, well, I got into milsim and he thinks it's a sign I'm going to go postal and he calls it a loner sport, kinda makes me angry
Gundy_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:24 PM #81
paint_n_sk8
Forward Player... yeah

well ive been playing speedball since 07. im 15 now ive played a few local tournies but for some reason one weekend before my dad drove off from dropping me off at the field i said "hey dad wanna play a few games?" he looked at melike i was crazy because it was a team practice for my D4 team but after a bit of dad its not a big deal he said yeah. after that day of playing he was hooked. now after two times of practice hes working overtime for his own marker and hopper. my dad now sees why i work so hard to be in top shape because i play snake and he tells me everytime we go out "how do you stay that small of target i see you crawlingaround all crunched up" i laugh every time. also hes learning bunker and field section names but whenever he doesnt know the name of a bunker he yells D3 D3!! just cuz he hears me yelling it alot. ever since he started playing ive never felt closer to my dad. since i live with my mom seeing my dad interested in something i like makes me so happy. now whenever he drops me off back at my moms he touches knuckles with me and says "make sure you watch D3 son" i love my dad xD
Old 09-13-2010, 10:08 AM #82
GOTink
Jesus Freak!

GOTink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GOTink supports Team VICIOUS
And that's why I love to play PB with my son so much.. Nice post young man (I assume man, or woman..LOL) !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paint_n_sk8 View Post
well ive been playing speedball since 07. im 15 now ive played a few local tournies but for some reason one weekend before my dad drove off from dropping me off at the field i said "hey dad wanna play a few games?" he looked at melike i was crazy because it was a team practice for my D4 team but after a bit of dad its not a big deal he said yeah. after that day of playing he was hooked. now after two times of practice hes working overtime for his own marker and hopper. my dad now sees why i work so hard to be in top shape because i play snake and he tells me everytime we go out "how do you stay that small of target i see you crawlingaround all crunched up" i laugh every time. also hes learning bunker and field section names but whenever he doesnt know the name of a bunker he yells D3 D3!! just cuz he hears me yelling it alot. ever since he started playing ive never felt closer to my dad. since i live with my mom seeing my dad interested in something i like makes me so happy. now whenever he drops me off back at my moms he touches knuckles with me and says "make sure you watch D3 son" i love my dad xD
Philippians 4:13

Planet Eclipse
GOTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:33 PM #83
paint_n_sk8
Forward Player... yeah

ima dude haha
Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 PM #84
CHI-PAINTBALL

CHI-PAINTBALL owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
CHI-PAINTBALL supports Team VICIOUS
CHI-PAINTBALL is for the Gunfight