Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-02-2015, 07:45 AM #1
Gumpy Two

Gumpy Two owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Gumpy Two has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gumpy Two has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
getting my dad to play paintball with me

so I play paintball every weekend like most people. And my dad takes the 1 hour drive to drop me off at the field every Saturday and I really do appreciate that but when he gets to the field he just drops me off and pickes me back up in a few hours. now every time we arrive at the field I always ask if he wants to play with me I tell how fun it is and how much fun he will have but he always say no its to hot or im to old I just wish he would play with me once just to see how it is I think it will be a great experience for both parent and son I just don't know how to get him on the field any ideas for me to get him to play ?
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2015, 09:27 AM #2
sloblo
Yellow Fever

has been a member for 10 years
sloblo is playing at Living Legends VIII
sloblo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
sloblo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Take him to the chrono and let him shoot some, sometimes you've got to take baby steps!
Slate Blue Angel g7 Fly, Lasoya Timmy, and DUST RED DM5 f/s/t
"everyone knows mario isnt average... thats why they call him super mario... get your facts straight Moron."
-Ih8u
sloblo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:50 AM #3
Gumpy Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloblo View Post
Take him to the chrono and let him shoot some, sometimes you've got to take baby steps!
I have a hard time getting him out the damn car when we get to the field
Gumpy Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:35 PM #4
sloblo
Yellow Fever

has been a member for 10 years
sloblo is playing at Living Legends VIII
sloblo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
sloblo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Take a couple potshots at the windshield, that'll get him out!

Disclaimer: DONT do that.

Maybe ask him to help you fix a marker at home and get him shooting it in some fashion. Dryfiring is fun if it doesn't bug your neighbors. (Read your marker's manual before doing anything too drastic!)
Slate Blue Angel g7 Fly, Lasoya Timmy, and DUST RED DM5 f/s/t
"everyone knows mario isnt average... thats why they call him super mario... get your facts straight Moron."
-Ih8u
sloblo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:28 PM #5
Gumpy Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloblo View Post
Take a couple potshots at the windshield, that'll get him out!

Disclaimer: DONT do that.

Maybe ask him to help you fix a marker at home and get him shooting it in some fashion. Dryfiring is fun if it doesn't bug your neighbors. (Read your marker's manual before doing anything too drastic!)
Well I really appreciate you trying to help me out man he said he would consider playing in the winter time when it gets cooler so I let him shoot my marker a little bit and he seemed to be enjoying himself lol
Old 07-03-2015, 04:44 PM #6
NeedForSpeed

To get my girlfriend into paintball I arranged a play day with other guys and their gals. The girls didn't feel silly because there were other girls there just like them. She ended up loving it and wants to play more.

Try to get one or more of your other friends fathers out on the field as well. Your dad won't feel as alone.
NeedForSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:23 PM #7
Mister827

There must be a reason why he doesnt want to play. Too hot is obviously a excuse for something else. Is he scared of getting shot? Does he shoot real guns in real life? For me my dad is super interested in guns and my paintball marker that hes shot a few times. But he would never go on the field with me because he is kinda getting old and theres a huge physcial demand to play paintball. You may try woodsball with him. You can play at a slower pace in woodsball. I'm thinking like most people they are worried about getting shot and the pain that comes with it. Maybe get him some padding lol or vest. Maybe hes into the tactical gear that may push him into it more. Ask your mom to ask your dad why he doesnt want to participate with you. Just talk to your mom and be like mom i really want dad to try playing with me once but he never does. He always drives me and im really thankful for it and i want to have him play with me and have some good bonding going on. No way your mom can resist that lol.
Mister827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:17 AM #8
Gumpy Two

Thanks for everyone's advice much appreciated well anyways I asked my mom she says that my dad has gotten lazy over the years what ever that means lol but my dad said if it is something i really want him to try he will do it ! So he going to watch me at the tournament this weekend and hopefully he stays true to his word and he will be playing with me in 2 weeks can't wait !
Old 07-05-2015, 01:32 PM #9
Mister827

Ah lazyness lol. It happens. Once you get older your energy is never as high like us younger people. Work and stuff can drain you quickly. Just take it slow with him. Teach him the basics and dont let nooby things ruin his experience like foged goggles and over heating. Teach him to snap shoot so he doesnt get lit up and etc. Hopefully he gets pumped with adrenaline and gets addicted to it.
Mister827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:38 PM #10
Gumpy Two

Hope he gets addicted that's the plan ! Lol well thanks for all your help we'll see how he likes it and I'll give him all my good gear so he can have the most fun possible
Old 08-03-2015, 11:34 PM #11
Goodi314

Goodi314 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mine and my buddy's dad play and they're 50+ years old. take it slow, no need to run and wear yourself out. Shoot, I'm 24 and I still don't run unless its a really sweet gig! Haha. My grandpa played for a while with me too. Keep wearing him down and get him out there, I always have a blast playing with my dad.
Goodi314 is offline   Reply With Quote