Old 12-14-2009, 09:05 AM #1
jrock0910
Old School Twists

jrock0910 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jrock0910 supports Bob Gurnsey
jrock0910 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
looking for Netting ideas

i was thinking of just useing pb netting but heck we only need 15-20 feet and i cant find any place that will sell that little

any one know a place or have a better idea

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members

:To Quote Former President Thomas Jefferson: "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying, 'let us separate
jrock0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2009, 10:16 AM #2
Furb

I would just go to a local field and ask if they have old netting that is torn or ripped and ask if you can have that like use only the non ripped parts you know?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:25 PM #3
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

dont waste your time with regular paintball netting. unless you hang it very loose Nerfs and sometimes paintballs can go right through it. i use pet screening found at home depot. Its strong as hell, you cant punch through it if you tried. its meant to replace the sceen on your screen doors so your dog doesnt go through it. a roll is less than $20

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:20 PM #4
Furb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
dont waste your time with regular paintball netting. unless you hang it very loose Nerfs and sometimes paintballs can go right through it. i use pet screening found at home depot. Its strong as hell, you cant punch through it if you tried. its meant to replace the sceen on your screen doors so your dog doesnt go through it. a roll is less than $20
Can it stop a running great dane that weighs 150 pounds? I might buy some because im sure my outside glass door wont be there soon....
Old 12-14-2009, 03:21 PM #5
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
I found the home depot stuff works awesome. Only problem I had was rain collecting on it, I ordered some superscreen(TM). the holes are supposed to be bigger. We'll see.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:25 PM #6
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furb View Post
Can it stop a running great dane that weighs 150 pounds? I might buy some because im sure my outside glass door wont be there soon....
i think it will stop your great dane if you mount it very good lol

Old 12-14-2009, 06:11 PM #7
Furb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
i think it will stop your great dane if you mount it very good lol
It might? well I hope so he gets so happy when i come home from paintballing and the poor glass door im not sure it can take much more. lmao
Old 12-14-2009, 07:12 PM #8
creeksidepaintball

This super screen netting looks top notch. anyone know what a 100' roll cost? too late to call here.

if your only looking for 20' of netting then something you can find and purchase locally is ideal.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:19 PM #9
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Yeah, I went begging at my local paintball fields. There are two kinds I have seen. A square mesh type and a woven knitted type. Legal velocity Paintballs will penetrate neither.

The knitted type has served me well for several years. The secret to netting the coveted "Bounce Factor" and the knitted netting serves the purpose. That is the ability of the netting to trampoline paintballs off it without breaking. I have had two occasions where Squad Busters bounced as well. One killed the thrower.

Those that break, splatter paint into the tank and obsecures your vision. Why the grunts pour paint onto the turrets. Regardless, a spray bottle of just plain water is standard equipment for driver and gunner to have handy.

I looked at the elastic screening and decided the mesh size was so small that I would have more difficulty seeing through it than the knitted paintball screening.

Hey, Steve Let us know about the super screen. Curious if it has any bounce factor. Every application I've seen had paint breaks all over it. Still, my paintball netting has breaks all over it by the end of the day as well so we need a first hand field report.

Last up grade on my walking tank redid the netting support. Got RID of the vertical posts in the front right and left side. Just had a U shaped frame on the top made from 1/2 CPVC. Zip tied the netting over it and I got the desired result. LESS ball breakage and splatter into my mask. Only spray that came in was hits near the PVC or body. Everything else bounced. The flexibility of the PVC added to the bounce factor and help absorb paintball energy. VERY HAPPY with that result.

NEXT UPGRADE will be a turret shell redo. Among other things, the netting will angle UP and BACK more. The front of the PVC U-frame will be directly above my head. Any breaks on it will not wind up on my mask. Frame/body in the front will be angled DOWN so any breaks on it go towards the ground. Only spray should be from a hit right on the front edge of the body.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:55 AM #10
labmaster

labmaster supports our troops
Tested the super-screen for several tanks I am building. Mounted a 2' wide piece tight across the front of the golf cart. Had a friend unload a full hopper at the same spot on full-auto from about 6'. Results were; 1 break, the rest bounces, and he goggled himself with one of the bounces.
labmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:31 AM #11
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Thanks will be getting some March.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:35 PM #12
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

one good thing about the pet screen, besides the strength is people cant see in your tank very well. that is if you use it moderatley. If you build some unrealistic looking think=g thats all net it will be bright inside. but if you make just a few windows to look at it will be dark inside. ive sat in my tank and had people walk right past not knowing i was in it.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:19 PM #13
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

This type of screening has worked well for me as well. Just make sure its secured well inside. When it runs from numerous hits you can still see out of your tank. The downfall is the sun. You can get blinded while playing into the sun. The only other thing is under heavy fire you will encounter alot of spray into the tank. So this means you will get slimmed!

Treaddz
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:43 PM #14
Furb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromagnum Tankerman View Post
This type of screening has worked well for me as well. Just make sure its secured well inside. When it runs from numerous hits you can still see out of your tank. The downfall is the sun. You can get blinded while playing into the sun. The only other thing is under heavy fire you will encounter alot of spray into the tank. So this means you will get slimmed!

Treaddz
well to prevent from being slimed I'd wear a rain suit if i was in that tank.