PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:35 PM #85
Mike Scifres (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan58 View Post
If people thought like you, the majority of Americans would have no sense of things like commitment, loyalty, and dedication....oh...right.

When the going gets tough, cut and run. Ill bet youre a democrat.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2009, 12:50 PM #86
Spartan58 (Banned)
Texas Swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain A v2.0 View Post
Dont care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Scifres View Post
Oh no, a troll account smartass doesnt like what I posted.

You can stick up for big douchebag all you want, point is he's a butt****ing quitter.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:16 PM #87
MR.JABM

MR.JABM supports our troops
It's so depressing rooting for the 49ers.

Every single one of their losses this year has been by less than 7 points. Save Atlanta.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:17 PM #88
shagohod
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

there's a difference between being a 'true team fan' and just a big football fan.

obvious big dangerous is just a football fan... and him having no loyalty or commitment doesnt make him a democrat.... dont try to bring politics into a ****ing sports forum

Old 12-15-2009, 01:26 PM #89
Spartan58 (Banned)
Texas Swagger

He was a cowboys fan and claimed to be until they lost big at the end of the season. It wasnt something he just upped and decided to be for a while. He quit when the cowboys did bad.

I forgot how the NFL thread is whinier than the NCAA thread.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:07 PM #90
MR.JABM

MR.JABM supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagohod View Post
there's a difference between being a 'true team fan' and just a big football fan.

obvious big dangerous is just a football fan... and him having no loyalty or commitment doesnt make him a democrat.... dont try to bring politics into a ****ing sports forum
refer to his sig.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:22 PM #91
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...

Quote:
If people thought like you, the majority of Americans would have no sense of things like commitment, loyalty, and dedication....oh...right.

Agreed. When you are so emotionally invested in football that it controls the rest of your week, you have a problem. I am a huge Cowboys fan, but by Tuesday I have moved on. You also have a general idea when your team is going to succeed and fail. The cowboys looked like they had it the last couple of years, but teams lose. Colt fans think they are going to win the SB every year, it doesn't happen that way.

Look at this list:

The teams that have been to the Super Bowl (in years shown) and lost each time:

* Buffalo Bills (0-4) consecutively 1991-1994
* Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) 1982, 1989
* Tennessee Titans (0-1) 2000
* San Diego Chargers (0-1) 1995
* Philadelphia Eagles (0-2) 1981, 2005
* Minnesota Vikings (0-4) 1970, 1974, 1975, 1977
* Carolina Panthers (0-1) 2004
* Atlanta Falcons (0-1) 1999
* Seattle Seahawks (0-1) 2006
* Arizona Cardinals (0-1) 2009

Have never played in a Super Bowl :

* The Cleveland Browns
* Jacksonville Jaguars
* Houston Texans
* Detroit Lions
* New Orleans Saints

So these fans should have quit on their teams a long team ago, especially those in the lower list, according to your theory. Let's just have a 10 or 15 team league so everyone can support a winner. Hell, lets cut it down to 8 like the retarded CFL and have 6 teams make the playoffs every year.

Seriously though, **** that abandoning your team bull**** because you can't take losing. If you like a team and support them you live through the bad times. If you want to quit being a fan and just watch football than fine, but don't act as if abandoning your long time team is acceptable. The cowboys have gone through the normal cycle of having a champ, having to rebuild, and becoming a contender again. Its amazing that after about 3 Romo seasons you are ready to say this team is a complete bust, especially considering how young the majority of the team is and the huge window of opportunity that exists.

"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
Old 12-15-2009, 03:06 PM #92
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dangerous View Post
So much truth there, and thanks, the one rational person who understands where I'm coming from.

Everyone in here thinks that just because you don't want to root for and get emotionally invested in your team is like the equivalent of the holocaust. It's nerve racking to watch the team continue to fail year in and year out.

I remember when the Cowboys lost to the Giants and demonic came on here saying he got to pissed he ripped his jersey. So no one can sit there and say that it doesn't take a lot out of you especially to watch your team suffer heartbreaking defeats.

I hulk-a-mania'd my Cutler jersey last year after the loss to tbe Bills.....of course its an emotional investment. This is why we watch. Your the same tool bag the defends Europeans for being so passionate about soccer and envying their passion but when it comes down to it you have not a single bone in your body capable of handling that kind of thing. Your sir, a butt ****ing quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyDogs>YOU View Post
iffy? far from it, I forget who it was, but the defender had a death grab on his shirt the entire route down the field. either way, nothing you can do about it now, just sayin

It was definately PI on Goodman if I remember right, but the point is you cant lose composure like that, especially at that point in the game. It didnt hurt in the long run because they won, but still, berating a reff and taking your helmet off is a penalty no matter how unjust you may feel it was or what you believe was done to you first. Its always the guy who retaliates that gets caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
It all depends on how much bench time Manning sees these final 3 games. If the Colts actually go for 16-0, then I'd bet there will be co-MVPs, but if they bench Manning after a quarter or so these next 3 games, Brees will pass him.

Truth. So far though, looking like Pey Pey is gonna play this week for 60 minutes, which I believe they should do for the next 3 games anyway, but that probably wont happen. Either way I think it'll come down to co-mvps.

Quote:

This.

Quote:
Dont care.

You can stick up for big douchebag all you want, point is he's a butt****ing quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
Agreed. When you are so emotionally invested in football that it controls the rest of your week, you have a problem. I am a huge Cowboys fan, but by Tuesday I have moved on. You also have a general idea when your team is going to succeed and fail. The cowboys looked like they had it the last couple of years, but teams lose. Colt fans think they are going to win the SB every year, it doesn't happen that way.

Look at this list:

The teams that have been to the Super Bowl (in years shown) and lost each time:

* Buffalo Bills (0-4) consecutively 1991-1994
* Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) 1982, 1989
* Tennessee Titans (0-1) 2000
* San Diego Chargers (0-1) 1995
* Philadelphia Eagles (0-2) 1981, 2005
* Minnesota Vikings (0-4) 1970, 1974, 1975, 1977
* Carolina Panthers (0-1) 2004
* Atlanta Falcons (0-1) 1999
* Seattle Seahawks (0-1) 2006
* Arizona Cardinals (0-1) 2009

Have never played in a Super Bowl :

* The Cleveland Browns
* Jacksonville Jaguars
* Houston Texans
* Detroit Lions
* New Orleans Saints

So these fans should have quit on their teams a long team ago, especially those in the lower list, according to your theory. Let's just have a 10 or 15 team league so everyone can support a winner. Hell, lets cut it down to 8 like the retarded CFL and have 6 teams make the playoffs every year.

Seriously though, **** that abandoning your team bull**** because you can't take losing. If you like a team and support them you live through the bad times. If you want to quit being a fan and just watch football than fine, but don't act as if abandoning your long time team is acceptable. The cowboys have gone through the normal cycle of having a champ, having to rebuild, and becoming a contender again. Its amazing that after about 3 Romo seasons you are ready to say this team is a complete bust, especially considering how young the majority of the team is and the huge window of opportunity that exists.

Bravo sir, bravo.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 12-15-2009, 03:16 PM #93
JonnyBlackbeard

JonnyBlackbeard is playing at Living Legends III
JonnyBlackbeard supports Team VICIOUS
Another ****ing December game another ****ing Cowboy loss....ugh but whatever I still watch with hope that some day they will get their **** straight in December.

But on espn Roy Williams is now saying that the Cowboys will see the Saints in the playoffs. here

I don't see too much good coming from this other than Williams hopefully lighting a fire under the *** of the Cowboys.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:23 PM #94
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
If the Saints are going to lose a game int he regular season, this is it. Other then that, 16-0 is imminent.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 12-15-2009, 03:27 PM #95
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Man... who was that guy talking about how he wasnt ready to talk about how incredible the Cardinals were after 1 game last week?

Oh right, me.

Arizona looks ****ing horrendous. They played out of their minds against the Vikings, and now are getting skull ****ed by the 49ers.

FAIL!
dont forget the vikings barely beat the 9ers in a last second hail mary to the back of the endzone.

49ers arent bad, they just arent clutch this season.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 PM #96
Mike Scifres (Banned)

Quote:

If your gregarious senselessness wasn't reason enough to dislike everything you post, your awful analogy regarding nationalism certainly puts the cherry on top. You and Mussolini would get along fine together, save for the fact he was ten times smarter than you. But where did all that diatribe of false devotion and loyalty get him? Oh yeah...nowhere. You fail to put zero thought in your post and you compound on it by taking a blind partisan stab that falls somewhere between "more useless than a pile of ****" and "should probably never be said if you want anyone to think you're smart."
Quote:
Agreed. When you are so emotionally invested in football that it controls the rest of your week, you have a problem.
OR MAYBE THEY'RE JUST TRUE FANS YAAARRRRR
Quote:
So these fans should have quit on their teams a long team ago, especially those in the lower list, according to your theory.
Did I say that? No. I said they should be allowed to defect if they so choose without pain of persistent badgering. If you're going to try to argue my point, at least try to understand what my point is.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:01 PM #97
Captain A v2.0
Whatevs

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Captain A v2.0 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
**** you Cleveland, **** you.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:03 PM #98
plax_are_meth