asngt007, good question. I haven't quite decided on that yet. I'm probably going to be working on that tonight. I have a hard time being creative when it comes to cosmetics, so i've been putting that off.
Frmr, My original plan was to just use the surface finish left by the mandrel. that's why it was polished all up, but as life would have it there are a few small imperfections in surface. While they might be ok, there is a chance that an oring will sit right on it as well, so I'm thinking about coating the inside with a light layer of resin and reaming it to size. that being said, it is the right diameter right now, and I may hold off on doing it until I have a chance to pressure test it.
So on to what you all want to see....I finally got the large mandrel out through some creative fixtureing and abusing my lathe tailstock by using it as a screw press.
let me first say I HATE Kevlar. I don't care how much breach wear I get, the next one will NOT have any kevlar in sight, and in fact this body is likely to not have an SFT oring just becasue I don't think I can machine it cleanly. AS you can see in the pictures the kevlar didn't really take the resin very well. and that's actually why I was having a hard time removing the large mandrel. a few loose fibers were in between the mandrel and the pushrod I was using and every time I would push it would try and pull the entire front of the laminate down with it. I ended up sanding the kevlar down a bit so my push rod could fit through, but ended up fraying the hell out of it in the process. so i may end up sanding as much kevar out as possible and making a carbon sleeve to go in there instead.
I HATE working with kevlar!!!