Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-05-2010, 03:25 PM #22
CriticalCO2

Hasn't this been brought up and debated to death already? This will not effect paintball or most any industry that uses CO2. Industrial CO2 is primarily extracted as a by product. There is no net increase in greenhouse gasses when you release CO2 from a paintball tank into the air other than the actual energy used to compress the CO2. You probably release more net greenhouse gasses just by driving to the field to play.

Last edited by CriticalCO2 : 04-05-2010 at 05:56 PM.
CriticalCO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2010, 06:47 PM #23
SOGGYMUFFIN
AIR FORCE

SOGGYMUFFIN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SOGGYMUFFIN supports our troops
SOGGYMUFFIN is an NCPA player
SOGGYMUFFIN plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalCO2 View Post
Hasn't this been brought up and debated to death already? This will not effect paintball or most any industry that uses CO2. Industrial CO2 is primarily extracted as a by product. There is no net increase in greenhouse gasses when you release CO2 from a paintball tank into the air other than the actual energy used to compress the CO2. You probably release more net greenhouse gasses just by driving to the field to play.
right here. the companies are not creating CO2 to fill their tanks with, they are simply pulling out of the air and packaging it for consumers who then use it to fire their guns. the air goes back into the air.

PROUDLY SPONSORED BY PLANET ECLIPSE AND SOCIAL PAINTBALL
SOGGYMUFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 PM #24
infamy17

I don't think they're going to crack down on such a small dosage of it. If so, they should maybe remove obnoxious trucks from the road. Maybe remove the NASA program? Any factory giving off greenhouse gases. I think they should worry about things on a much larger scale before they do something about using CO2 to power a paintball gun.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:16 PM #25
AABatteries (Banned)

AABatteries helped look for balloons
AABatteries owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABatteries posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furb View Post
Also since trees turn CO2 into air wouldn't we be helping the environment since we are encouraging trees to make air? lmao!
The plankton in the ocean is what removes most of the CO2 from the air. The earth is 1/3 land and 2/3's water. There is more area in the ocean for plankton, than there will ever be for trees. If I remember correctly, from when I researched this, only about 1/4 of the 1/3 is covered by trees.
AABatteries is offline   Reply With Quote