Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-19-2009, 07:03 PM #1
stressfire II (Banned)

Are humans meant to know the true nature of God?

We were meant to breath air. So we have lungs and oxygen. We were meant to walk. So we have feet and balance. We were meant to see and hear. So we have eyes and ears. We were meant to experience this life. So we live. Nobody argues about these things.

I don't think we were meant to understand things like God and his word fully. All these questions...well you end up back to square one in most cases. Round and round we go. That's why you have so many different sects of Christianity. Everyone worships in their own way, but none can come together fully in practice and interpretation. The body of Christ has been divided from the very beginning. Some would even say broken.

If we were meant to understand the true nature of God and his plan for us, I think it would be much clearer than it is now. I'm sure God will reveal his plan to some, but those plans are for the individual, not society as a whole.

In my view, going back and forth with God, religion, etc, the most basic principle that speaks loud and clear to me, with no room for debate or argument, is Love. That's all there is to it. Everything else is just an argument or a debate that leaves little to be desired for anyone involved in it.

Allow me to quote a movie here:

"From bits and pieces of what you have told me about your family, your mother and your dad... And I know you have problems with the church too... But there is some kind of bigger thing that we can all appreciate and it sounds to me you don't mind calling it God. But when you forgive, you love. And when you love, God's light shines through you." - Into the Wild
stressfire II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2009, 07:33 PM #2
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
If you read any of "his works" it is clear he himself does not understand his true meaning. He goes from mean and spiteful to nice and all loving. Confused he is...
cryptic.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:01 AM #3
270KIDZ
My Boat, My Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
If you read any of "his works" it is clear he himself does not understand his true meaning. He goes from mean and spiteful to nice and all loving. Confused he is...
I wonder what made the switch. I bet it starts with J and ends with ESUS...

In the begining we were ruled by the law. The law was what had to be enforced because it is fair and just. We deserve punishment for our sins.

Jesus came to earth and fulfilled the profecy. Love trumps the law. God doesn't need to punish because we no longer are guilty.

"Originally posted by Nips80: You are the best poster ever! I wish I could be like you!"
"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: Please teach me how to be as awesome as you!"
"Originally posted by Treghc: You are my hero and my idol. If you were gay like me, I would totally make love to you."
"Originally posted by Umami: Please let me have your babies. I want my children to have at least one parent that isn't retarded."
270KIDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:09 AM #4
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270KIDZ View Post
I wonder what made the switch. I bet it starts with J and ends with ESUS...

In the begining we were ruled by the law. The law was what had to be enforced because it is fair and just. We deserve punishment for our sins.

Jesus came to earth and fulfilled the profecy. Love trumps the law. God doesn't need to punish because we no longer are guilty.
omnipotent being would not need to change their mind, send there son/themslves to fullfill their own prophecy to save a race they damned in the first place as they are omnipotent...
cryptic.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:58 AM #5
vanquish_v12

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
omnipotent being would not need to change their mind, send there son/themslves to fullfill their own prophecy to save a race they damned in the first place as they are omnipotent...
exactly what I was thinking. Why didn't god just send jesus to begin with rather than sending the jews laws, waiting for them to **** it up, and then sending jesus to set things straight?
"Originally posted by Darryl Hadfield: Don't be silly. God doesn't make crap."
vanquish_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:58 PM #6
markcheb
surrender...don't move

OP - True nature? Maybe,idk, but I can agree with your statements. Full nature, no. If we could fully conceptualize God, imo, He would cease to be God.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:20 PM #7
Flying_Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270KIDZ View Post
I bet it starts with J and ends with ESUS...

Your arguments start and end that way also.
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:22 PM #8
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

If you have the time and would actually want to hear the truth....

He has very good explanations; just proves how amazing the human brain is
Turb0 Negr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:28 PM #9
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressfire II View Post
We were meant to breath air. So we have lungs and oxygen. We were meant to walk. So we have feet and balance. We were meant to see and hear. So we have eyes and ears. We were meant to experience this life. So we live. Nobody argues about these things.

I don't think we were meant to understand things like God and his word fully. All these questions...well you end up back to square one in most cases. Round and round we go. That's why you have so many different sects of Christianity. Everyone worships in their own way, but none can come together fully in practice and interpretation. The body of Christ has been divided from the very beginning. Some would even say broken.

If we were meant to understand the true nature of God and his plan for us, I think it would be much clearer than it is now. I'm sure God will reveal his plan to some, but those plans are for the individual, not society as a whole.

In my view, going back and forth with God, religion, etc, the most basic principle that speaks loud and clear to me, with no room for debate or argument, is Love. That's all there is to it. Everything else is just an argument or a debate that leaves little to be desired for anyone involved in it.

"From bits and pieces of what you have told me about your family, your mother and your dad... And I know you have problems with the church too... But there is some kind of bigger thing that we can all appreciate and it sounds to me you don't mind calling it God. But when you forgive, you love. And when you love, God's light shines through you." - Into the Wild
You just basically made it unnecessary to believe in any specific religion. Are you still a Christian after coming to this astounding revelation?
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:49 PM #10
mike m

mike m plays in the PSP
mike m plays in the APPA D5 division
now we see through a glass darkly but then we shall know even as we are known
mike m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:17 AM #11
stressfire II (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
You just basically made it unnecessary to believe in any specific religion. Are you still a Christian after coming to this astounding revelation?
Depends on the day to be honest with you. Astounding revelation? You're too kind!
Old 12-21-2009, 10:02 AM #12
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Depends on the day to be honest with you. Astounding revelation? You're too kind!
I'm being a little sarcastic lol. You do know that you can't really call yourself a believer in any particular religion if you believe that idea right? You're basically saying that no one can truly understand whatever greater power exists, therefore there's no point in trying to define it at all. Sure, then let's throw out all these religions and just have everyone believe in a higher power. I personally think it'd be fine, you wouldn't have moronic people mixing archaic ethical codes into modern society and you also wouldn't have any reason to deny what's sitting in front of you because your ambiguous definition of God doesn't allow you to believe it.

But I'm not a Theist
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:45 PM #13
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike m View Post
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:48 PM #14
stressfire II (Banned)

Quote:
I'm being a little sarcastic lol. You do know that you can't really call yourself a believer in any particular religion if you believe that idea right? You're basically saying that no one can truly understand whatever greater power exists, therefore there's no point in trying to define it at all. Sure, then let's throw out all these religions and just have everyone believe in a higher power. I personally think it'd be fine, you wouldn't have moronic people mixing archaic ethical codes into modern society and you also wouldn't have any reason to deny what's sitting in front of you because your ambiguous definition of God doesn't allow you to believe it.

But I'm not a Theist
I'm not saying religion is pointless. I think man is going to fly, even though he's not designed to fly, no matter what. Nothing can stop our curiosity. And nothing can stop people from viewing their God in a particular manner.

My beliefs...are whatever. They mean nothing. In most arguments, I side with science and rigorous debate. However, I look at Earth, the ecosystem, animals, humans, everything on this planet, and I have a hard time believing this system of life wasn't designed...created *gasp* by a creator. Not specifically the Christian God, but something of higher intelligence and power.

I think it might have been this forum I read it on, but someone explained it like this: If you go outside and you see a few quarters on the ground, you may think someone dropped the coins by mistake. But, say you go outside, and you see a thousand quarters all nicely stacked to form a figure 8, you'd think, someone obviously created this!

That's how I see this world. Alive. Everything connected, having its purpose, and working together to make this planet habitable. Our own bodies are in and of themselves their own universes. Alive and filled with millions and millions of organisms all working together to do whatever it is they were designed to do.

But, we all see the world differently. I will never say my thoughts and ideas are ever correct. They are simply my beliefs, which are subject to change at any time, as I am an ever evolving creature of my own.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:36 AM #15
Skippy88

Skippy88 plays in the APPA D5 division
to answer the question in the title...... NO..... thank you
Picasso Lake Factory #73
DM9

Willie Shinn fan club - #5
Willie "They dont make marker for people who dont play paintball."
Skippy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:22 PM #16
Flying_Dutchman

Not sure why I'm posting this here, just random thought that should be directed at some religious folk.

Your beliefs are completely your own until you assert them. Then they face the tribunal of logic.
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:51 PM #17
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:

Reminds me of a fantastic song.

Maybe a year ago, I would have told you that everything we ever need to know about God is in the Bible. I might would have told you that a month ago even. And who knows? Maybe it is. What I have come to, in conclusion, of my last few weeks of thinking, praying and questioning is that God's true nature, henceforce simply called truth, is not shown in any one single anything on this earth, but a piece of his truth resides in everything.

Love is what keeps us together. The love of God flows through us and moves us to love each other as Brothers and Sisters.

The whole reason we live is to learn as much about truth as we can, in my opinion. All the while, through any route we take, we pick up certain truths along the way. And with that truth as a start, we can fully appreciate the house the Grand Architect has built and fully understand the picture that the Grand Artist has painted. And we will understand and appreciate the fullness of God and truth in the next life.

Quote:
Perhaps not a dark glass, but simply one which distorts the image. As in, we don't see God for what he is, but everyone who looks into the glass sees different things, and they all interpret stuff and argue. Enter religion.

Quote:

But I'm not a Theist
Well... the way I see it, not really. You can say that some of God's divine nature exists in all religions but still follow one specific religion... but I'm not even sure I'm doing this anymore. I believe in God (maybe not in the Christian sense) and I believe in Christ (he saved us), but I'm just about through with all religion.

Last edited by ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη : 12-26-2009 at 10:41 AM.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:25 AM #18
J3b50n

Quote:
if god was so "holy", then in theory, because man has but an Identity and an image on him, he does not exist. Its basically that idea of Islam, where their god is never to be put into an image.

"Everyday is a gift, thats why they call it the present."
J3b50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:13 AM #19
ersio

well i dont know really i think of it as a story that got really popular in the begining and every single person just believes in it and has separate visions and their ideologies related to it, simple!
ersio is offline   Reply With Quote