Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM #1051
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

mrtramplefoot supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
Might end up having to paint my whole room though. This is really really dark when you put it next to my walls.

"Originally posted by Ziya92: Apple in all their creativity could have chosen, at the very least, a flavorful cultivar such as the Blenheim Orange. "

"Originally posted by {InsertUsernameHere}: lol france."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2012, 02:43 PM #1052
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

I teared up from laughing so god damn hard

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 02-07-2012, 06:39 PM #1053
Pariel

Those are spatulas, aren't they?
Old 02-08-2012, 01:52 PM #1054
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

mrtramplefoot supports DLX Technology
correct

"Originally posted by Ziya92: Apple in all their creativity could have chosen, at the very least, a flavorful cultivar such as the Blenheim Orange. "

"Originally posted by {InsertUsernameHere}: lol france."
Old 02-11-2012, 05:53 PM #1055
SmartPartsIsAJoke
U.S. Army

SmartPartsIsAJoke plays in the PSP
SmartPartsIsAJoke plays in the APPA D4 division
New build I'm starting (Case and Mobo are on there way)

Specs:
Silverstone TJ07-BW Case
Asus P8P67 WS Revolution MoBo
Intel 2500k
G.Skill 2133mhz RAM (4gbx2)
Corsair AX 1200 PSU
Evga GTX 580 (will be getting a second one soon)
Heatkiller Rev. 3 CPU Block
Heatkiller GPU Block
480mm SR1 Rad
Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Bitspower Res
Crucial M4 64GB SSD (for os)
2 western digital 320gb cavs in RAID 0
3/8 ID and 1/2 OD Tube
Old 02-11-2012, 06:27 PM #1056
atm743

has been a member for 10 years
atm743 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
nice build but you will hate your self in 2 months when kepler is out.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvi...ies,14642.html

i would HIGHLY recommend returning your 580 and wait for the 680. it will beat out 2 580's in sli and then more.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:30 PM #1057
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Oedipus supports DLX Technology
None of those numbers, be it performance, hardware specs, or release dates, have been confirmed by nvidia. All of the sites that have posted that chart and the rumors surrounding it have gotten their info from lenzfire. Who the **** is lenzfire? If anything comes out within the next few months from the green team, it wont be the 680 replacement. It will be a lower end card like a 660 or something. If Nvidia had their big boy (or, hell, anything kepler/new GPU related) they would have shown something at CES just to shut AMD up.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:32 PM #1058
atm743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post
None of those numbers, be it performance, hardware specs, or release dates, have been confirmed by nvidia. All of the sites that have posted that chart and the rumors surrounding it have gotten their info from lenzfire. Who the **** is lenzfire? If anything comes out within the next few months from the green team, it wont be the 680 replacement. It will be a lower end card like a 660 or something. If Nvidia had their big boy (or, hell, anything kepler/new GPU related) they would have shown something at CES just to shut AMD up.
doubt it. amd already pushes out their new arch first (7970 and 7950) then nvidia comes a few months later with theirs.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:35 PM #1059
Oedipus
god save captain slow

I'm not going to argue for or against that, but history is not an unbreakable mold. Regardless, Nvidia likes to start at the bottom/cheapest GPU and work their way up because it's cheaper for them. This puts the 580 replacement out into Q3 at least.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:38 PM #1060
Jagov Fapsky (Banned)
=^_^=

Jagov Fapsky owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jagov Fapsky has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartPartsIsAJoke View Post

Specs:
Silverstone TJ07-BW Case
Intel 2500k
Corsair AX 1200 PSU
Heatkiller GPU Block
480mm SR1 Rad
Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Bitspower Res
3/8 ID and 1/2 OD Tube
Old 02-11-2012, 07:11 PM #1061
SmartPartsIsAJoke
U.S. Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post
I'm not going to argue for or against that, but history is not an unbreakable mold. Regardless, Nvidia likes to start at the bottom/cheapest GPU and work their way up because it's cheaper for them. This puts the 580 replacement out into Q3 at least.
Completely agree.

There is no point for me to wait months for the 680 to be released. I've had this 580 and took it from my last build so there's no returning it. Seeing as how there are very few games that the 580 can't handle it would make it pointless dumping if for another card even if it is more powerful. Most likely by the time I buy my second and third 580s they'll be running around $300 or less used and cheaper than a single 680.

Ninja edit: Thanks Fapsky
Old 02-11-2012, 10:12 PM #1062
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
Quote:
[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7058/6859308995_e932e48b56_b.jpg[/IMG]
Specs:
Silverstone TJ07-BW Case
Intel 2500k
Corsair AX 1200 PSU
Heatkiller GPU Block
480mm SR1 Rad
Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Bitspower Res
3/8 ID and 1/2 OD Tube
Nice... hope you posts some build pics. I'm currently using feser tubing also. Seems to be the tubing to use lately. There have been plasticizer issues with tygon and primochill tubing lately. Doesn't seem like anyone knows why... could be temperature, silver coil and distilled, or pt nuke. I have had any issues with plasticizer's with either feser or primochil in my build for over 2 months. A week after filling my loop... I took out my silver coil and distilled, and I've been using E6 coolant ever since... but that shouldn't matter. Are going with distilled and kill coil/ptnuke or coolant?

I have 2 580's and I'm fine with it. If I need to upgrade, I'll just add another 580 too in the future. Games are doing fine with my 580's right now.

Anyhow... looks like a good build. Have fun with it.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:54 PM #1063
SmartPartsIsAJoke
U.S. Army

Don't worry, I plan on posting quite a few pictures and making a thread on overclock.net of the progress.

Coolant really doesn't make much of a difference. I use distilled water with dead water biocide. I add one drop per liter and it literally kills everything. I've never had any issues with loops before getting overrun by microbes.

How do you like the hydro cooled 580s? I was considering getting one, but I heard a lot of people didn't like the waterblock on them and said it felt cheap and didn't yield the best temperatures.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:55 PM #1064
Oedipus
god save captain slow

People love to bag on evga for some reason.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:35 PM #1065
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
Quote:
Don't worry, I plan on posting quite a few pictures and making a thread on overclock.net of the progress.

Coolant really doesn't make much of a difference. I use distilled water with dead water biocide. I add one drop per liter and it literally kills everything. I've never had any issues with loops before getting overrun by microbes.

How do you like the hydro cooled 580s? I was considering getting one, but I heard a lot of people didn't like the waterblock on them and said it felt cheap and didn't yield the best temperatures.
You are fine with distilled and silver coil or biocides with feser tubing. The issue I was talking about... that seems to be a big issue lately in OCN... isn't microbes... it's been plasticizers building up in primochill and tygon tubing.

Forums like to bag on swiftech blocks... which is what EVGA uses... because they are restrictive blocks. Restrictive blocks isn't a bad thing... according to Martin's labs. If you have the flow rate... restrictive blocks actually cool better than HF blocks. Anyhow... if you look at the reviews on EVGA hydrocoppers outside of OCN or forums... they have pretty good reviews on them. My temps are in mid to upper 20's idle... and haven't seen them go over 50 underload yet. I run my GPU's in parallel to increase the flow rate. I also run 2 pumps... so that helps flow rate too. The temps are pretty close to being the same running the GPU's in parallel... maybe 1c difference at most. I'm very happy with the EVGA 580 FTW hc2's.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:02 AM #1066
SmartPartsIsAJoke
U.S. Army

I know a lot of the UV coolants with dye often cause issues with cooling and after long period of time began to create a film and coagulate. I've always stayed away from them for that specific reason even though many of them are non-conductive. Honestly I don't understand why people seem to get so anal over temperatures. Most blocks will preform roughly the same with a few degrees difference. Obviously it's nice to get the best block for the best price but I've heard of people getting $150 GPU blocks and $130 CPU blocks. I paid $85 for my heatkiller CPU block and just under a hundred for the GPU block and they both have outstanding reviews and from looking at their design they seem to be excellent choices. With watercooling I notice there are the people who want practicality and what works. Then there are the people who want their system to run at the lowest possible temperatures just for the sake of saying their temps are x degrees.
The reason I have watercooled and will continue to is because I like to overclock my components and push them to their limits to get the best performance and have gotten tired of having systems sounding like an A10's GAU 8 Avenger during a CAS run.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:35 AM #1067
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
I'm not anal on temps like some people. I only check it periodically to see if there is a drastic change. That way I can drain and check my blocks to see if there is anything wrong.

Yah... UV coolants look cool, but I don't want to try it yet. However, lately more people are starting to use them more now. It's changed since it was first introduced. The popular brand for UV mix is meyhems dye. Only a drop or 2 in distilled... and it looks fantastic. I believe it has biocides so you don't have to add any additives. I've seen a lot of good reviews and threads on this stuff lately.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:44 AM #1068
atm743

my current rig
2600K @ 4.5
8gb XMS3 1600mhz
2x GTX 480's
Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.1
Silverstone strider plus 1000watt
Corsair F120 SSD
WD 500gb 7200rpm (games and programs)
WD 1TB 7200rpm (back up, music, videos fraps video recording)
Antec 900 two V2
Old 02-12-2012, 10:28 AM #1069
SmartPartsIsAJoke
U.S. Army

That dye is sick. I may have to buy some now. Even though I have UV tube, it would look sick in my reservoir.

Nice rig atm
I don't know if this interests you or not but on the 1200s(larger version of 900) I know a lot of people would dremmel holes in the left side of their HDD cages so they could run their HDDS sideways for better cable management.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:03 PM #1070
M98custom1212

Work in progress

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit
Manufacturing Engineer
Old 02-12-2012, 11:50 PM #1071
SmartPartsIsAJoke
U.S. Army

Closed Thread