Old 12-10-2009, 04:38 PM #22
jrock0910
Old School Twists

jrock0910 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jrock0910 supports Bob Gurnsey
jrock0910 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Barney as Always my Friend your a Gentleman and a Baller
Kathy and I Always Look Forward To Seeing You at Finale Next Year we Need to Really Work on Getting Wideguy Back Down Here to (Sunny) Florida

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members

:To Quote Former President Thomas Jefferson: "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying, 'let us separate
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2009, 05:29 PM #23
bstyles3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
Enjoyed the confusion caused by the Generals leading the other sides in a push next to the insertion points. Once i get back home, ill post pictures of an orange medic 'cleaning' the green general's hit.

The game was awesome and I had a blast even without shooting a single paintball.
i know who that was and yes he is color blind he can't see green at all or red but we bash him pretty good for it back at camp
green tank verses pump gun = pump gun wins
Old 12-11-2009, 09:03 AM #24
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon is a founding member
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends VII
Simon supports Team VICIOUS
Colour blind sucks in the woods. I am colourblind too, and it makes working out armbands at distance almost impossible sometimes.

I've shot people I shouldn't have, and let people get too close that I shouldn't have.

BTW, on that point, I think having green arm band tape to be pretty silly.

Can we have red and blue next year? Or better yet, yellow and blue.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:16 AM #25
dan_kasper
offender of all things

dan_kasper is playing at Living Legends III
dan_kasper is for the Gunfight
^i agree with the no more green arm tape, I looked for a few seconds but, i assumed if they were infront of me there where more than likely green.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:38 PM #26
jrock0910
Old School Twists

I loved it

I had some green tape on my camo jacket i guess no one even saw the tape and walked right up to the Base

And to The Guy in The Tower Who i'am Told was From Godspeed
Next Time Quit Yelling About it And Just Shoot

:To Quote Former President Thomas Jefferson: "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying, 'let us separate
Old 12-11-2009, 01:21 PM #27
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon is a founding member
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends VII
It was hard to see the green tape, both in the woods, and against the camo/outfits most players were wearing. Not a great thing for something that is supposed to be identifying players.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:52 PM #28
LOG13

Awesome

First time playing a scenario, and man did I enjoy it. Gives the satisfaction of doing my reenactments but just so much more fun. Hung out with the guys from Sledgehammer in staging, and they were a great group of guys. On the field we worked hard and I really enjoyed watching "Blue" and his Crew work, learned some skills from them. Ready to get to another scenario and play some more. Thanks to everyone out there, especially, the Dollacks, Blue, Horndog, Sledgehammer, Centurions, Godspeed, and any other team that we rolled with.

LOG13
Crosspoint Paintballers
Old 12-13-2009, 11:45 PM #29
Shortstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstyles3 View Post
i know who that was and yes he is color blind he can't see green at all or red but we bash him pretty good for it back at camp
ill post the pics tomorrow...

I aim for the eyeball and melt faces. Thats my job.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:04 PM #30
stormcloudsbrewing

I just wanted to post my thoughts on this year’s Grande Finale at Wayne’s World. I have been going down there for 5 years now, normally with a group of 20 or more players. This year seemed to be a low point for the event.

Issues
1. Registration
2. Rules
3. Air/prices
4. Attendance/price
5. Final Battle

Registration: I thought this year would be easier than others since fewer players were attending and we had pre-registered everyone in our group. We actually registered in three separate groups, but all under the same team name. It ended up taking me about 90 minutes to get our packets for the event. Most of it was absurd, such as not having players sign the letter of understanding page in the same order in which we registered. It really felt like a government office. Wait in one line to check waivers were complete. Wait in another line to have letter of understanding checked off. Wait in another line to pick up character cards. Wait in another line to get air cards. Wait in a final line to pick up paint. Even with fewer than 600 players this still took plenty of time. In years past I remember the pains of this when there were 2000+ players. Today, I don’t think WW can handle the crowds (if they ever come back).

Rules: It seemed at times I knew the rules much better than the employees/referees. Yes, I did print them out and read them to our team on the drive down. We did spend some time discussing the changes from normal scenario rules. I had assumed that most of the referees would also be aware of these standard rules that we had to sign off as having read. I like examples, so here is one: at registration I presented my law rocket and asked what would be needed to use it. I was told directly by registration that I would need to present my Demo card to the person at the chrono and have them approve it. At the Chrono I presented my demo card and launcher. The Chrono ref said if I could shoot it under 280, it was legal to use. I told him that really it should be under 240. I fired, it registered as 180fps. The ref said I could now use it on the field. After I shot my first tank, I was then told I needed the additional law card, which was never presented to me. Example 2: player is trying to do a dead man walk. He is mixed in with players walking off the field. He has his gun pointed up, in the air, but with no barrel cover on. As he approaches, he shoots one of our players. My team mate told him he was dead as soon as he put his barrel in the air. Three refs later and one actually copy of the rules page, the refs finally agreed the player should be eliminated and our player was back alive.

What happened to the chrono at the entrance every time? I don’t know how many times I saw shots coming in at a flat trajectory and were blowing way over my distance. When walking into a battle, I specifically targeted teams to play against. Those players with matching uniforms seemed to almost always be shooting legal speeds. It was the one off players that had no responsibility or peer pressure to stay legal. What happened to refs actually doing paint checks or wandering around the field? Boy I miss the Lords.

Air/prices: Wow - $20 extra dollars for air? I really like PEA, but $20 for all weekend air. Those guys are great, but again $20 on top of the event price?

Attendance/price: Digging a little deeper into price, what about that entry price? I know it is better than prior years, but I am not sure what I am really getting for that price. I know running a 24 game can be costly, and Wayne is known as the best for scenario games. I just was not feeling the love this year. When the prize package speech starts out with times are tough, we can’t give away as much – well times are tough for me too. I still paid the full admission, I want the full service. In years past I would gladly pay the premium for Wayne as he provided the best refs in the industry (Lords of Discipline) who stopped coming last year. Wayne provided the best thought out scenarios – until last year where he just re-ran the Warhammer theme and this year plot was minimal to game play. He provided one of the largest player bases – this year advertising was almost non-existent, so I can see why only 600 players attended.

Final Battle: This was just the topping to the crap sandwich handed to us all weekend. Ironball has to be against all known safety rules. First the first 10 minutes of the game players were screaming at opponents for not going out once shot. It wasn’t until later, when players figured out they could not die, that things got way out of hand. After this event our team was prompted to speak to Jackie about how insane this was. This was not paintball, it was just walking up and shooting people stupidly, many times. Jackie’s response was that this is what the players demanded. Where and when was this discussed? I have never heard about this demand placed before Wayne. The final battle in years past was always exciting as daring players tried to charge the middle and last for a few seconds. This year any oaf willing to ignore the pain could walk right down the middle of the field.

Summary: I accuse no players of destroying my weekend of paintball. I place the sole problem on Wayne and his staff. I saw players cheating on both sides. I also saw players on both sides assisting new players and acting responsibly. Forget the players; it was how the game was run that ruined the event. Never again will I play a Wayne’s World game.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:31 PM #31
jrock0910
Old School Twists

Lets complain realisticly

The prices have droped some and gone up in other areas so in the end you prolly spent the exact same thing you did last year

registration went down

air went up

paint iam not positive about

some of the Refs were a bit Lacking But Thats no diffrent Than any Other Major event

scenario fields are like a tv channels you dont wanna dissmiss the network Because of One bad show

Old 12-14-2009, 10:42 PM #32
Desertfoxak
Blazing the way!

I do have to agree with the Final Battle issue. Totally absurd and completely flys in the face of all safety rules we as "true" paintballers like to preach when we defend our sport to "outsiders." I usually never participate in the final battle because of the total pointlessness and the few idiots who never call themselves out and stand in the middle taunting to get hit. But this year, it was encouraged...bad form, bad form.

Even so, I will be back next year, hopefully they was just a one time brain fart.

Trailgunners
www.Trailgunners.com
2009 Grand Finale MVP
2008 Grand Finale MVS
Old 12-15-2009, 08:52 AM #33
Ragtop1968

Ragtop1968 posts videos on PbNation
I tried to stay mum on the ironman Final battle.

They had stopped playing ironman rules after Karnage was built. In the open area where the final battle used to be played, I thought ironman was a cool if somewhat dangerous right of passage that just needed a little bit more explaining of the rules and ability to stop play when someone goes down (very loud horns).

But the city with hundreds of players is really intense enough with standard rules and with refs and players unable to fully see what they are shooting at, ironman is COMPLETELY insane.

Add to that the fact that only a few players even knew ironman rules applied and when they finally told everybody, they did not bother to see if everybody wanted to play that way. It seemed like most people did not.

Hopefully that will get rethought in the future.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:52 AM #34
Desertfoxak
Blazing the way!

Hey Rag, any progress on posting the ceremony online? As you can see from my signature I have a vested interest .

Any more pics out there?

Trailgunners
www.Trailgunners.com
2009 Grand Finale MVP
2008 Grand Finale MVS
Old 12-15-2009, 02:46 PM #35
Connor_McCloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
ill post the pics tomorrow...
Shortstop.... please oh please post these pics.

This player is a great friend and I can not pass up the chance to remind him for the next 11 1/2 months of this event.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:53 PM #36
Ragtop1968

Ragtop1968 posts videos on PbNation
Getting video out

I still have two and a half tapes to finish the first cut of the DVD video. After I get the first cut done, I will take a break and should be able to cut and upload the closing ceremony video fairly quickly.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:50 PM #37
Smokin Gunz

Stormcloud, I also got the run around regarding some of the law rules etc. I did however get my law cards, which you had to present to a ref whenever you destroyed something with your law. I was not made to chronograph my law there (even though I did at home and it shoots under 200 fps).
Old 12-15-2009, 08:37 PM #38
MiniMagz
Dazed and Confused

i sat out in the open with no paintballs walking to the other team geting lit up
i found out later i had a broken pinky
you mite have saw me i was the kid in th green shirt on Team halfBaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop1968 View Post

They had stopped playing ironman rules after Karnage was built. In the open area where the final battle used to be played, I thought ironman was a cool if somewhat dangerous right of passage that just needed a little bit more explaining of the rules and ability to stop play when someone goes down (very loud horns).

But the city with hundreds of players is really intense enough with standard rules and with refs and players unable to fully see what they are shooting at, ironman is COMPLETELY insane.

Add to that the fact that only a few players even knew ironman rules applied and when they finally told everybody, they did not bother to see if everybody wanted to play that way. It seemed like most people did not.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:16 PM #39
PaintballR[TG]
KillEmAll LetGODsortEMout

PaintballR[TG] is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop1968 View Post

Thomas,
I tried to stop it before it started by going directly to the ref on the south side and telling him he must be crazy with those rules. Already as is, enough players play on, but yeah it apparently was a miscommunication amongst the reffing staff. Whats the point of close respawn points if everyone and their mother will dispute the hit because they were in motion come on. I passed on enough moves that would of put me in the same room with opposing players just for that reason. You can just imagine, making a break into the church through the doorway like I was about too..The church had cracks you could look into to see who was inside, but I passed. Can you imagine you break through the doorway make the surprise move make the first eliminations. Then of course with these rules both sides open up on each other in a close quarters situation that turns into a friggin mess with nonone walking out, sheez.

It was still intense I must admit, but definitely defeats the purpose behind the standup play of scenario players. If you get shot, you need to walk out, tag back up and come back in. What I can say is those who were all for it got the bonuses they deserved. Just take a look at the TG rear apc gunport during Blues Crew's push around that bend between the church and woods. My teammate couldn't pour the loaders fast enough into my ego for what I was shooting at into the front of that enemy assault. I got a hand it to Blue's Crew I would of dropped, zigged zagged to get out of the way of those ropes, they just kept coming, like zombies. Especially, with the way those balls were hurting that weekend in the cold. The video will be something else, still we need to go back to the way the final battles have been at Waynes. Our 11th year, 11th final battle, definitely something different, bordering on insanity for sure, we need to keep it safer next time and go back to the way it has always been.
24Hour Scenario Paintball Team
Old 12-17-2009, 07:28 AM #40
jrock0910
Old School Twists

i Concur

Old 12-18-2009, 02:55 PM #41
dan_kasper
offender of all things

dan_kasper is playing at Living Legends III
siged!! I personally liked the final battle, but im to dumb to feel pain.