Community Focus

Old 01-10-2010, 01:05 AM #1
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
having trouble getting my B2K4 to shoot above 270fps consistently

if I set my HPR (Bob Long Torpedo) to about 250psi and turn in the LPR until the bolt fully cocks + 1/4 turn, that gives me about 230fps. turning up the HPR past this point doesnt increase velocity, and will sometimes make it go down. i know its probably because the pressure in the valve is too high for the ram to open the valve enough. so i turn up the LPR, and I still cant get it past about 270fps, and if i try to go past that with either the HPR or LPR it goes back down to about 230. i did get it to shoot in the 280's one day but it was really hard on paint

Kick'n Paintball Park

Last edited by NightKreeper : 01-10-2010 at 07:25 PM.
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 AM #2
MuthaFunk
Shootn myballs at yo face

Stock valve? Try starting your HPR at 200 - 225 and set your lpr via ICD's instructions by turning up until you hear the noid leak and then down 2 turns. That'll put your LPR around 90 PSI or so, and FPS around 280 - 300.
#1 Place For ICD PARTS and INFO - www.icd-owners.com

[Feedback:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post29671083
MuthaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:51 AM #3
63VDub

has been a member for 10 years
I thought it was a half turn? Anyway, it sounds like, if everything is cleaned and lubed properly, and if you have the stock board in it, your valve may have rotated enough to block some air and thereby keeping you velocity low.

You can check by pulling the bolt and shining a flashlight down the feedneck. Look down the neck facing the rear of the marker, you should see a ound hole at the bottom of the tube. If the valve is not rotated, you will see a smooth ramp to the front of the marker. If it is, there will be a vertical edge on one side or the other of the hole. If it is rotated, you will have to take your tray off, loosen the set screw and orient it correctly.

I am at the pinnacle of mediocrity.

Wiring problems? I know the man who can hook you up with a brand new FURIOUS harness!!CLICK HERE!

http://www.icd-owners.com/ It's where you need to be.
63VDub is offline   Reply With Quote