PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-18-2009, 05:47 PM #85
meandmyGAYtippmann
CK4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders024 View Post
If your joining the AF to fly don't get your hopes up because only 3-5% actualy fly not trying to change your mind but that's just the facts. Also the AF enlistment standards on law is more strict then the Army. Good luck with what ever branch you choose
oh, imfully aware of what i have a head of me, im just a wee bit nervous about that one incident.
meandmyGAYtippmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2009, 05:11 PM #86
shockwave7
Buy My Stuff!

can you apply for ranger school coming from the marines? or do you have to be a high rank to go to ranger school
shockwave7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:08 PM #87
raiders024
Armed Force #26

Annual Supporting Member
raiders024 is BST Legit
raiders024 plays in the APPA D4 division
raiders024 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave7 View Post
can you apply for ranger school coming from the marines? or do you have to be a high rank to go to ranger school
yes and it depends on your job. fill out a 4187

raiders024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 PM #88
proudDm5Owner5 (Banned)
República Argentina

I was reading the thread and some kid asked about a waiver cause he had a misdemeanor. I have like 3 of those....do i have to get a waiver or would enlisting be just as easy if i didnt have them?
proudDm5Owner5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:21 AM #89
raiders024
Armed Force #26

Annual Supporting Member
raiders024 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudDm5Owner5 View Post
I was reading the thread and some kid asked about a waiver cause he had a misdemeanor. I have like 3 of those....do i have to get a waiver or would enlisting be just as easy if i didnt have them?
It depends on what your misdemeanors are for

Old 12-23-2009, 10:39 AM #90
HelpingHand

HelpingHand donated to help Peyton Trent
HelpingHand helped look for balloons
HelpingHand supports Team VICIOUS
HelpingHand is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I come from a line of Air Force men, and so I have a little bit of background of terms and such, but I have several questions too.

I've known I wanted to make a career out of the Army, or Air Force. I know that I want to go to college as well.

I was planning on getting my law degree, and immediately joining. What are some advantages the Army has over the AF?

I also don't want to do law in the Army, but rather join ground as enlisted or officer as opposed to a pencil pusher. Which one would you suggest?

As you said, you joined a speciality (160th) because you didn't want to put up with the usual Army BS. What is an alternative, to being a basic grunt? I know I can get a very high ASVAB score, so what are some choices for me? What would the Army be able to do for me?
Old 12-23-2009, 04:57 PM #91
thunderstruckdc2005
Fear Boner

thunderstruckdc2005 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thunderstruckdc2005 supports Pev's Paintball
thunderstruckdc2005 plays in the APPA D5 division
thunderstruckdc2005 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thunderstruckdc2005 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave7 View Post
minimum rank to go to ranger school is E-3/PFC.
NaughtyDogsFan#40
RussianLegionFan#794

My WTB Thread, Take a look! / ESP F-250 Guitar F/S/T
thunderstruckdc2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:45 PM #92
239baller
robinhood was a thief

so I have my slot ligned up for basic and military police school.

but I am worried about a little thing...

I have broken my arm and I needed pins put in for it to heal. but they were removed, but I do not have any way to get records and I really don't know if it can be waived. but I can fully use my arm and it does not hurt at all.

also I dislocated my jaw, also fully healed and fully functoning.

all other things are a-ok but I really don't want to bring it up at MEPs but I also don't want to get a DD because I lied to the army, but I also want this more than anything.

"Originally posted by Nerobellum: it sounded like an angry chainsaw covered in rust and syphilis. "
239baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:14 AM #93
Dyeballer70

I'm getting MEB out of the army and still havent got a strait answer on if i can come back when im healed up. I have heard that i can come back in 6 months is this true?
Dyeballer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:51 AM #94
Nyx3d
Green ones are not ripe

has been a member for 10 years
Can I get vision correction as part of enlisting? Or do I have to qualify for it by MOS? Thanks for putting this thread up.

"Originally posted by karnavorrr: Will doing one armed kettlebell snatches on a bosu ball make my strength more functional?"

Buyers Digest
Nyx3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:59 AM #95
raiders024
Armed Force #26

Annual Supporting Member
raiders024 is BST Legit
Couldn't tell you on the officer side of the house, but I know that the Army is looking for jag lawyers. I'll
ask you this why go to law school and join the military for 3-6 years and not do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpingHand View Post
I come from a line of Air Force men, and so I have a little bit of background of terms and such, but I have several questions too.

I've known I wanted to make a career out of the Army, or Air Force. I know that I want to go to college as well.

I was planning on getting my law degree, and immediately joining. What are some advantages the Army has over the AF?

I also don't want to do law in the Army, but rather join ground as enlisted or officer as opposed to a pencil pusher. Which one would you suggest?

As you said, you joined a speciality (160th) because you didn't want to put up with the usual Army BS. What is an alternative, to being a basic grunt? I know I can get a very high ASVAB score, so what are some choices for me? What would the Army be able to do for me?

Old 12-26-2009, 12:17 PM #96
raiders024
Armed Force #26

Annual Supporting Member
raiders024 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 239baller View Post
so I have my slot ligned up for basic and military police school.

but I am worried about a little thing...

I have broken my arm and I needed pins put in for it to heal. but they were removed, but I do not have any way to get records and I really don't know if it can be waived. but I can fully use my arm and it does not hurt at all.

also I dislocated my jaw, also fully healed and fully functoning.

all other things are a-ok but I really don't want to bring it up at MEPs but I also don't want to get a DD because I lied to the army, but I also want this more than anything.
Your arm will have scars from when you had pins put in and taken out(can't hide scars) if you can't find the med records ask your parent were it happened and your recruiter should be able to find them or he's just to lazy to get them and will cause you not to be able to join because of his lazyness, for your jaw; you dislocated it not broke it unless it keeps dislocating keep your mouth shut, remember your the only one trying to join in this process everyone else is trying to keep you out, if you were applying at wal mart would you tell them you smoked a joint? Didn't think so, well your jaw is a joint so keep your mouth shut about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyeballer70 View Post
I'm getting MEB out of the army and still havent got a strait answer on if i can come back when im healed up. I have heard that i can come back in 6 months is this true?
it depends on your RE code that the Army will give you. A code of RE1,2, or 3 you will be able to come back in a RE4 code and your not coming back in. Keep in mind that if if you get any va benifits from your MEB you will have to give them up when you come back in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx3d View Post
Can I get vision correction as part of enlisting? Or do I have to qualify for it by MOS? Thanks for putting this thread up.
No, the Army will fix your eyes once you get to your unit it doesn't matter what your job is, also if your a turd in your unit you won't get them fixed either. LASIK and PRK are a privalege (can't spell lol)

Old 12-26-2009, 03:02 PM #97
239baller
robinhood was a thief

problem is my exam is on wednessday and my records were lost a long time back and the hospital is in new jersey and I'm enlisting in Florida. now will the doc examin me for scars or something?

"Originally posted by Nerobellum: it sounded like an angry chainsaw covered in rust and syphilis. "
239baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:38 PM #98
HelpingHand

HelpingHand donated to help Peyton Trent
HelpingHand helped look for balloons
HelpingHand supports Team VICIOUS
HelpingHand is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders024 View Post
Couldn't tell you on the officer side of the house, but I know that the Army is looking for jag lawyers. I'll
ask you this why go to law school and join the military for 3-6 years and not do it?
Well, if I don't go for my law degree, and go for basic college degree in history/ with a minor in German what could I do then?
Old 12-26-2009, 04:34 PM #99
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
Become an officer, go through warrant officer school, whatever you wanted, depending on how high your OML is.
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:07 PM #100
raiders024
Armed Force #26

Annual Supporting Member
raiders024 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 239baller View Post
problem is my exam is on wednessday and my records were lost a long time back and the hospital is in new jersey and I'm enlisting in Florida. now will the doc examin me for scars or something?
then you should write what’s called a applicant statement saying all means have been exhausted in trying to find your records

Old 12-27-2009, 12:00 AM #101
outlaw19
VA's Finest

outlaw19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
outlaw19 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I got asthma and i know you cant join the military if you have it, but there arnt any non combat jobs they would let you join to do?

outlaw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:32 AM #102
JackH (Banned)
13/f/cali

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw19 View Post
I got asthma and i know you cant join the military if you have it, but there arnt any non combat jobs they would let you join to do?
Nope.

and Im not telling you to lie, but if its very very limited (as in exercise won't murder you) "forget" to mention it.

To be honest, until you graduate basic, noone wants you to be in the military but you, so if you're going into a desk job anyway, and know your asthma wouldnt ever put anyone else at risk, forget about it.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:48 AM #103
Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown. View Post
what should a person expect at meps?
Scare tactics.

It was actually pretty funny, my recruiter told me I'd be in a conference room for the "Don't lie" speech and that they would get all serious about not lying about any medical problems. Our speaker was a ~60 year old Asian guy and no one could understand what he was saying. And he said shut up at the end of every paragraph. ****in hilarious.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:03 AM #104
raiders024
Armed Force #26

Annual Supporting Member
raiders024 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw19 View Post
Sorry dude you can't join the military period if you have diagnosed asthma.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:06 PM #105
DirtyDave
The Dirty Dave

DirtyDave is a Supporting Member
DirtyDave is reppin' sidebar 4 life
know anything about the Army Nurse Candidate Program?