MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTB View Post
All majors except law, some sciences and engineering are complete LOL. Everything at CC is complete LOL.

Go to a decent school before you talk about college life please.
I hate how every one thinks their major is the hardest. They're all hard, its just a matter of perspective.
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2009, 11:49 AM #23
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
I hate how every one thinks their major is the hardest. They're all hard, its just a matter of perspective.
You sure you want to say that?
Turb0 Negr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:20 PM #24
p8ntballoc11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
you won't find me cramming, but i do study a couple hours a day everyday before finals. my first final is friday, and then two on tuesday, and one on thursday. i've been putting in time for them since sunday.

i study, but cramming into the AM isn't worth it to me.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:31 PM #25
Marko34256

Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
I dont understand the idea of cramming for finals. I mean, i understand review, but i dont get why people stay up all night the night before trying to read and memorize as much as possible.

Ive yet to go through a class where i took the final and the questions were a complete surprise and i had no idea what was going on. Seems like if you attend and pay attention you wouldnt really need to hardcore study, just kinda refresh the material.

So for those of you that cram the night before, whats the logic? Just out of curiosity.
I don't know about you, but my classes cover far too much information to possibly remember any of it by the time finals roll around. If I took the final for any of my classes this semester without cramming, I'd probably fail all of them. I could get by with not studying for a lot of Gen Ed's, but thats about it.

I have a good short term memory, so I take advantage of that and cram it all in over the course of maybe 2-3 nights before the test.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:32 PM #26
JohnyGfunk
Back then it was chess

For my MBA I don't need to cram. It's entirely different and not nearly as mentally tasking compared to my B.S. in physics.
I crammed and studied all the time for physics especially those dependent upon mathematical theorems that can dramatically change the outcome of the answer if you don't do entirely correctly. Memorizing 20+ steps for a single question when there are 20+ questions on a test, cramming is needed.
For my MBA there isn't this type of mental scrutiny, it is rather application of theories and applying the proper argument to answer the question posed to represent your opinion. Therefore, I rarely have to cram but rather need to refresh but the stress level is much less for tests. However, for projects/reports MBA is very time consuming 90+ page reports take serious time to create, analyze and develop consensus within to highlight your thesis and or conclusion.

My feedback +24 / -0

BUY MY STUFF: ALL MUST GO
JohnyGfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:38 PM #27
Marko34256

Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTB View Post
All majors except law, some sciences and engineering are complete LOL. Everything at CC is complete LOL.

Go to a decent school before you talk about college life please.

Oh, so you've taken the coursework for every major and now know how difficult everything is?

TTB, you're so incredibly dense to the point that I can't believe you even made it out of high school.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:05 PM #28
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Quote:
While I'm not saying I completely agree with his statement, it is true to a degree. Of course simple things are hard to an idiot. People I know struggled through high school so of course a liberal arts degree is hard to that guy.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:21 PM #29
DBPBalln8905
J-M-U Duuuuuuuuuuuuukes

I've only crammed once for finals. I had a history classes which had a grading scale based on a midterm, a final, and 3 or 4 papers.

I got a 56/100 on the midterm and A's on the papers. Studied for the final in the library for 13 hours straight and ended up with an A- in the class.

So lucky

GearBag Sale! Everything for Very, Very Cheap!
V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3070084

Celtic Strapped Proflex & Black Profiler
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post59589211
DBPBalln8905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:14 PM #30
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
It's just tough to define "hard".

I know that a lot of my engineering friends don't understand why I can't go out Friday night because I need to spend the entire day Saturday in the library. At the same time, I look at their homework and a single equality takes up an entire page.

It really depends on the school.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:21 PM #31
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin

If I couldn't go out on Fridays I would change majors.
I'm inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:27 PM #32
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit

Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
I have yet to take a cumulative final in any class, all of my classes either have had final papers/projects or were from the midterm exam on.

I have one exam this half, it isn't going to be too bad. I have three final papers and a mock trial though too...

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:28 PM #33
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin

Both of my finals are at 7AM. One is this Friday, ones next Tuesday. I'd imagine I'll be pulling all nighters for both of them.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:20 PM #34
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Desperation is part of it. Hope is another, maybe.

Not to mention, the material will still be fresh in your mind if you're able to glance over it; especially if it isn't too much material you're trying to remember. This is more of memorization than it is learning, but we all know it isn't about what you've learned--it's about the grade.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:51 PM #35
PbGoods
Need to pay student loans

PbGoods is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I don't cram, I just refresh my memory on some of the concepts that we did earlier in the semester.

However, all my nursing major friends... They cram because their final is cumulative from 2 semesters worth of classes. Try learning something in September and having to be tested on it in May for a final.
PbGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:58 PM #36
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
I don't see cramming as a last-ditch effort. I make a consistent effort throughout the semester, and then re-re-re-re-reinforce it the 15 hours before the final. I still go to class, do the homework, and study throughout the semester.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:06 PM #37
Hirophant0
Historian at large

Hirophant0 is an NCPA player
Hirophant0 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
I agree for the most part. I myself would never do well in a major with high level mathematics involved. Many people see this as a sign of poor intelligence. On the other hand, I have a friend about to complete his doctorate in pharmacology who can barley grasp critical thinking skills prevalent in liberal arts. He is the type of person who does not understand sub-text in literature or symbolism in a movie, he can however, describe high level organic chemistry in detail. While many would argue that math skills are more important than the liberal arts, just think where you would be with the history channel to entertain you. I suspect that its all dependent on how your brain is hardwired.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:36 PM #38
OA paintball
Matt Ragsdale

OA paintball plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirophant0 View Post
I agree for the most part. I myself would never do well in a major with high level mathematics involved. Many people see this as a sign of poor intelligence. On the other hand, I have a friend about to complete his doctorate in pharmacology who can barley grasp critical thinking skills prevalent in liberal arts. He is the type of person who does not understand sub-text in literature or symbolism in a movie, he can however, describe high level organic chemistry in detail. While many would argue that math skills are more important than the liberal arts, just think where you would be with the history channel to entertain you. I suspect that its all dependent on how your brain is hardwired.
I read a book the other day in my schools library when trying to go over my sociology book (i actually tried to study, but this book caught my attention, alas i still did good on the final, i digress.) Its called "Don't be Such a Scientist" by Robert Olsen. Basically he was a top tier Marine Science professor who after so long decided to go to Hollywood and pursue a career in film making. After all of that he realized that most of his smart science friends were complete retards when it came to things that 'actually mattered' in the real world, things like communication skills and street smarts.

/rant, but i thought it was relevant.
PJ's and no shirt; smoke weed eat yogurt.
OA paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:47 PM #39
Wenuliveudie
100% Organic

Wenuliveudie plays in the PSP
Wenuliveudie donated to help Peyton Trent
Wenuliveudie helped look for balloons
Wenuliveudie plays in the APPA D5 division
His basic thesis is the notion that the more you know about one subject, the less you know about everything else.

I don't cram for exams. When I get tired things go downhill very quickly. I spend as much time as possible studying before an exam.

Old Feedback +16
Don't lose touch.
Wenuliveudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:54 PM #40
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenuliveudie View Post
His basic thesis is the notion that the more you know about one subject, the less you know about everything else.

I don't cram for exams. When I get tired things go downhill very quickly. I spend as much time as possible studying before an exam.
I don't get tired because I have a little help. Do you know what I am saying?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 PM #41
pb1bg
Penn State Behrend

i hate cramming for finals i just make sure i do a little each day

WTB ANYTHING
pb1bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:57 PM #42
p8ntballoc11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm inebriated View Post
I don't get tired because I have a little help. Do you know what I am saying?
that's awesome you take adderral.

I'll never take adderrall. ever. **** that.

I'm a bio major and take all science classes except 1 liberal arts credit. It's a 280 level course and all my science classes are 100s, yet it is my easiest class. I've gotten As on all of my papers i've turned in (well i haven't gotten the last one back yet, but it was pretty good i think). I'm not saying that liberal arts are easier, i'm just saying some people are better at them than others. I know that some of these engineering majors would flop in that class. and i also know that some of the people in my liberal arts class would flop in chemistry and calc.

but generally, engineering/science majors are harder than liberal arts ones. I mean, some of my friends are business majors and there **** is sooo easy compared to mine.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote