PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-19-2010, 02:58 PM #1
hkarmykid16
John Priest

team practice

i feel my team is getting tired of the same old drills. can you help me think of some.

party hardie friday
hkarmykid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2010, 07:17 PM #2
paintballdj22

paintballdj22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballdj22 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballdj22 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Have you guys played in tournaments?

If yes have you won first place in the tournamnets?

If you have not won first place in all or most of your tournamnets then you still have things to work on and you should always start with your basic skills. You shouldn't complain about your same old drills being done over and over again every practice. Even pros do the same drills every practice. They snapshoot, run and gun, sliding drills and all of that fun stuff. You might not like the drill, but you should keep your mouth shut and do it anyway.

One example could be that you snap shoot at every practice and you hate it, but when you get into a tourny you get snapped out and you lose a game. Well then you should keep working on snapshooting at the next practice if you like it or not.

Paintball games have the same thing happening in every game, but it happens differently. afew things that are done in every game are;

snap shooting
running and shooting
diving or sliding
bunkering
reloading
holding lanes

these things need to be perfected by every paintball player. which means you need to do them as many times as possible during practice.

after you have won first place in multiple tournaments then yu should still do the same thing every practice. You should never stop doing the basic drills.

Take football for an example. At every football practice the same things are done everyday. The same drills are done so that each player can get better at them. In paintball you ant have one player for each positions, you should have all players be able to play each postion. during a tourny the best snake player should play snake, but if he is needed somewhere else then you should have at least two other huys that can play snake, which means at practice each player should practice at each postion. You should make the other players be able to play your postion as good as you can.

as far as making drills and practice more fun and harder at the same time you can change the drills up a little bit. Like for snap shooting drills, instead of having two players abttle it out with unlimited paint, have them each get one hopper and if someone runs out then they lose. This will help with paint managment. You can also have snapshooting be a two on one drill. Another thing can be playing two on ones or three on ones to make the side with more peopls be more talkative and the person that is by therself be a better battler in a crunch situation. So pertty much just modifiy the drills that you already do to make it different. And make sure the next time your team is complaining bout doing the same drills over and over, remind them of the last time they lost a game because of something simple, then tell them to shut up and run it again!!!

Hope this helped.
paintballdj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:05 PM #3
F4LL3NAM35

cardio workouts always help to and just practice shooting as fast as you can to get better and the 2 on 1 drill helps both teams
F4LL3NAM35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:15 PM #4
!_JESS TPS_!

!_JESS TPS_! owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
!_JESS TPS_! supports Empire
best things we do is. BREAKOUT!!! THATS LIKE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU GOTTA NO!! lanes. running and shooting
!_JESS TPS_! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:50 PM #5
paintballpunk168
spaceballs the user title

paintballpunk168 plays in the USPL
paintballpunk168 plays in the PSP
paintballpunk168 supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballpunk168 is playing at Living Legends III
A little tip the Farside Kids D2 line uses as well as the young guns line we run, to start off, try playing matches that slice the field down the center and playing either snake side or dorrito side with full bodys already at their primary bunkers. another drill we use is called street ball, what you do is divide up the teams and send them down to opposite sides of the field like a usual game. however, each team sends out one player to battle it out with each other, say Player A shoots Player B, Player A continues playing while another player from the opposite fills in and so on so forth. its basicly a never ending one on one game. that makes your individual skills allot better. i cannot count the amount of times the D2 lines have won one on one battles at national NPPL tournys due to street ball.
Another drill is that, you have 2 guys on a team, a snake player and a guy that covering the snake player either from a corner or a standup close to snake, the objective is to get the snake player up to the 50 snake befor the other team can while the other player trys to support the snake player getting up the field. Now the guy who isnt going into snake starts off at a primary bunker. the snake player has to start from either a corner bunker or sumwhere close to the snake and dive in.
what i do personally outside of paintball to stay in shape is, i workout 3-5 times a week, always wearing ankle weights. Ankle weights are key, believe me. Wearing the ankle weights get down into a pushup position, now one leg at a time try kick one of your legs behind you like a horse when it gets scared. try and do as many of these as you can, if done right you should feel burning in your front and back hammys. also while wearing the ankle weights do some in place high knees for as long as you can, the objective with all workouts is to sweat, and get your heart rate up. another good leg workout is, with the ankle weights on,get onto your back, lift your legs up high and start to pump your legs exactly like if you were riding a bike. you should feel burning in your upper hammys as well as on the sides. A good snapping drill for when you are at home is to take the ankle weights and attach them to your biceps/triceps. know take your gun and do your usual snapping routine, (left standing snap, right crouching snap, right standing, left standing and dont forget to practice wrapping while you are snapping) this will build up your core and make your snaps pin point accurate as well as fast. plus nobody can complain with build up a six pack. pushups, pushups, pushups, and ALLOT MORE PUSHUPS. and also, do 50 yard sprints with the ankle weights on, you will become exhausted very fast so dont get discouraged.
breakout drills are very important. always practice on semi, even if u are playing a ramping tournament, your fingers will thank you when it comes time to play on semi. carry around a stress ball and work on your fingers to build muscle. When one on one snapping, try it at different ranges, like back corner to back corner, d2 to d3, snake 1 to snake 3, DONT BE AFRAID TO DO SNAP BATTLES AT REALLY CLOSE RANGE! that is very important because it helps ur mind process the game better when things get hectic as well as making you calmer in game.

I have allot more drills and workouts if your intrested, feel free to PM me and ill get back to you ASAP.
thanks
Tom Taber
NINJA PAINTBALL AMERICA! F**K YEAH!
paintballpunk168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:59 PM #6
paintballdj22

paintballdj22 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballdj22 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i believe that paintballpunk168 is correct in his drill descriptions. Those are good drills that i have done and seen other teams at my feild do also. They can really help. But dont forget to do your other stuff too, you cant just drop what your doing and do smething else all together.
paintballdj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:24 PM #7
paintballpunk168

yeah try and setup a schedule, where you work on different key parts of the game each practice, and stick to it
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdj22 View Post
i believe that paintballpunk168 is correct in his drill descriptions. Those are good drills that i have done and seen other teams at my feild do also. They can really help. But dont forget to do your other stuff too, you cant just drop what your doing and do smething else all together.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:58 PM #8
nanox

I am tired of always having the same teams win.
nanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:50 AM #9
jahhhhhh
sizzzzzzurp

The drill that VICIOUS, DSSP8NTBALL.COM, and my team, the Mac-Daddy Allstars do is before national events we go out to the field and just do break out drills.

Just have 5 guys on both sides line up, run and gun to spots, and then go back and do it again. VICIOUS does this for hours and it works obviously.

The best way for your team to get better isn't necessarily going out and doing drills for hours. I mean, drills are specialized for certain situations that may or may not occur during your average game.

The way I found works best is going out and getting your *** just killed by a team. last season, we would practice VICIOUS, DSSP8NTBALL.COM, and their old D3 DSSP8NTBALL.COM line twice a weekend before PSP Chicago.
We would play VICIOUS race to 7 format, and the rest their divisional format. We may have won 3 games in total out of 2-3 weekends against Vicious. And by that I mean we would get our ***** kicked bad. Then, when we played the D2 line we ended up losing 5-4, (we were winning for a while then effed up), and we played the D3 line race to 7 and they had some of the VICIOUS kids playing and we lost 5-7 (again, winning for awhile).

Playing someone better than you teaches you what you can, and can't do.
Maybe it's just a blessing to have such a good team to get raped by and learn so much, but that's the only drill I think that works.
These Hands // Kila Products // ProStar PB // Understood //
HK
+5/-0 Pay Pal Approved
jahhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:16 PM #10
paintballpunk168

yup, getting a beatdown is most effective, we used to get smashed down by TCP Machine and Mutiny, and then we learned from the mistakes that made us loose those games, fixed them and came back and put up a better fight, then we got to a point were the games would evenly swing both ways, not just in their favor, n we advanced dramaticly
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahhhhhh View Post
The drill that VICIOUS, DSSP8NTBALL.COM, and my team, the Mac-Daddy Allstars do is before national events we go out to the field and just do break out drills.

Just have 5 guys on both sides line up, run and gun to spots, and then go back and do it again. VICIOUS does this for hours and it works obviously.

The best way for your team to get better isn't necessarily going out and doing drills for hours. I mean, drills are specialized for certain situations that may or may not occur during your average game.

The way I found works best is going out and getting your *** just killed by a team. last season, we would practice VICIOUS, DSSP8NTBALL.COM, and their old D3 DSSP8NTBALL.COM line twice a weekend before PSP Chicago.
We would play VICIOUS race to 7 format, and the rest their divisional format. We may have won 3 games in total out of 2-3 weekends against Vicious. And by that I mean we would get our ***** kicked bad. Then, when we played the D2 line we ended up losing 5-4, (we were winning for a while then effed up), and we played the D3 line race to 7 and they had some of the VICIOUS kids playing and we lost 5-7 (again, winning for awhile).

Playing someone better than you teaches you what you can, and can't do.
Maybe it's just a blessing to have such a good team to get raped by and learn so much, but that's the only drill I think that works.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:52 PM #11
DYNASTYxPRO
i love paintball

DYNASTYxPRO owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DYNASTYxPRO supports Team VICIOUS
DYNASTYxPRO posts videos on PbNation
agreed
Small Empire grind elbow pads http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3934628
mask http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3953142

2010 PMR http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3953147