Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-06-2003, 03:40 PM #1
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

has been a member for 10 years
Finally got to shoot the Omen today...

Well my n2 tank finally arrived today.

Got it filled and set my recock. After setting it so it recocked consistently, I put on my hopper and started shooting. After a few shots I got a break. In the barrel, that is. The only paint I had was about a month old and it was Zap, if that tells you anything; it was a little too big for the Omen stock barrel.

After about 20 or so balls, out of nowhere the o-ring on the end cap starts leaking.

So we (stryker20) replaced the o-ring and gassed it up again. Still leaked, but not as bad. Put a few drops of oil on it and it no longer leaked. Took it out back again and emptied another hopper, with a few more barrel breaks.

When I got down to around 1000psi it stopped recocking consistently. Every 5-10 shots it would stop. Is this normal, when it gets around 1000psi?

Other then that, i'm very happy with it. I'm definitely investing my next paycheck into a good barrel kit.

Also, what is the best way to adjust the recock so I get the least amount of kick? Should it be just above or below the point where it does NOT recock consistently?

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2003, 03:44 PM #2
Stryker20
I bunker little kids...

Yeah man, that zap paint was crap, but... what do ya expect for month old field paint, and I dunno what was up with that o-ring, somehow the wrong size got put on at the factory I guess, I've never heard of an end cap on the omen leaking before... oh well, easy enough to fix, I just had to replace the o-ring with the right one and lube it

-Tricked out Black Vision Impulse #026999 (Sold June 04')
Old 10-06-2003, 04:13 PM #3
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
almost sound like the Regulator is set to high? have you cronoed it? for all you know the Reg is over pressurizing that thats what caused the Leak, also being a Gas hog. Get to a crono before you play!

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:47 PM #4
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

actually i get barrel breaks to with premium paint, and i can honestly admit i like ZAP sure they sell it at walmart, but all the ZAP i have shot, shot = to or better then premium. I think the barrel breaks are the barrel its self the porting in mine is kinda sharp, feels a bit like a cheese grater when i stick my finger in it.

Evil Paintball Rules

join "The Black Jihad" we shall bring SP to its knees.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:44 PM #5
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

Spartan, that's definitely a possibility. I haven't chronoed it yet, but I know i turned it down quite low. We weren't even playing, I was just in my back yard shooting it.

I don't think ZAP is that bad, it was a perfect barrel match when I used my Bigshot on my 98c. Then again it has been sitting in my room for about a month now.

Next thing i'm buying is the new SS Freak kit.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 10-07-2003, 02:39 AM #6
Trance.Evil
hide your girlfriend

freak? really? inserts? smart parts? on an evil? .... I frown but its your money...
I would highly advise trying out the e-pipe before doing that. That and the epipe is soooo much sexier than the freak ^_^

Winners don't try, winner's get the job done then go home and f*** the prom queen

My Feedback
Old 10-07-2003, 04:24 PM #7
Stryker20
I bunker little kids...

Talking

I'll be putting a blue fade pipe on mine

Old 10-07-2003, 04:28 PM #8
Stryker20
I bunker little kids...

About the reg, we can't say if it was over pressurized or not because we werent at a chrono, but when I took the oring off the end cap, it was majorly deformed, and looked like it was totally the wrong size, I put one of the o-rings that came as spares on and lubed it, gassed it up and no leakage. I'm betting on it being that wierd o-ring, but I guess we wont know until he shoots the omen over a chrony