PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-08-2010, 05:58 PM #127
Transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyboarder View Post
Do I need to supply you with my address to ship to me? Please PM.
Yes I would need your address. PM me your address and I'll send you the parts.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:23 PM #128
Mikedubz

The pin on my CP tank reg has broken off, what should I do?

Here is the best picture I could get since I had to use my phone:
Mikedubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:11 PM #129
SN!PE
"The bear Jew..."

SN!PE supports Team VICIOUS
SN!PE is for the Gunfight
I recently got a cp regulator. I won't have access to a chronograph for awhile but want to shoot my gun (but not too "hot"). How many turns out do I need to set my cp hpr to be shooting around 270-300? Thanks

Edit: Also, I am having trouble getting anything other than the first metal piece off of the regulator, what do you recommend to get the entire regulator disassembled?

It's Mr. Gun!!

Last edited by SN!PE : 03-14-2010 at 03:13 PM.
SN!PE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:57 AM #130
Transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedubz View Post
The pin on my CP tank reg has broken off, what should I do?
I can send you a couple parts that you would need to fix this problem or if you'd like you can send it in to me and I'll rebuild it (both options at no charge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN!PE View Post
I recently got a cp regulator. I won't have access to a chronograph for awhile but want to shoot my gun (but not too "hot"). How many turns out do I need to set my cp hpr to be shooting around 270-300? Thanks

Edit: Also, I am having trouble getting anything other than the first metal piece off of the regulator, what do you recommend to get the entire regulator disassembled?
There isn't a set standard to how many turns it takes to be in that range, each marker will be different so your best bet is to wait to get to a chrono.

As for getting the reg's apart I would suggest using vice grips and an old leather belt.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:36 PM #131
Mikedubz

Ok I'll just ship it out to you, what address should I send it to?
Mikedubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:26 PM #132
MockV

Rattling Reg

First of all I want to say thanks for answering our questions! Very much appreciated

You've answered someone's question where they had a rattling sound in the reg (air tank). Like there was a pebble inside. You replied it should only happen when the tank is empty. I have the same problem and noticed after I read post and had my reg unscrewed/disassembled. I lubed up the piston o-ring and put it back together. Upon trying to fill it, it started to leak from the small relief port/hole and would not stop. Could you advise me on how to fix this leak of an HP tank reg? I didn't notice any nicks in o-ring or nicks/scratches in the piston stem. Rattling sound initially started after I got it back from it's first hydro test.

Thank You

EDIT: Found the parts breakdown from CP site!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason - Dad

Ebay Feedback
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP... e=STRK:ME:UFS

Last edited by MockV : 03-15-2010 at 05:37 PM.
MockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:40 PM #133
Transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedubz View Post
Ok I'll just ship it out to you, what address should I send it to?
I'll PM you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockV View Post
First of all I want to say thanks for answering our questions! Very much appreciated

You've answered someone's question where they had a rattling sound in the reg (air tank). Like there was a pebble inside. You replied it should only happen when the tank is empty. I have the same problem and noticed after I read post and had my reg unscrewed/disassembled. I lubed up the piston o-ring and put it back together. Upon trying to fill it, it started to leak from the small relief port/hole and would not stop. Could you advise me on how to fix this leak or perhaps direct me to a parts breakdown of an HP tank reg? I didn't notice any nicks in o-ring or nicks/scratches in the piston stem. Rattling sound initially started after I got it back from it's first hydro test.

Thank You
Here is a link with an entire breakdown of how all the parts should fit together.

Click Here

Make sure you have the reg seat assembly in correctly. Also check the O-Rings on the spring stack floor aren't knicked or scratched.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:00 PM #134
MockV

Thanks for the reply. What is the correct way to install the reg seat? When I took the reg apart I didn't remove it. I just looked down the exposed opening and that is what was rattling. Is it supposed to move around loosely like that? Also, what is the best tool to remove the disk spring stack floor to check the oring and the correct position of the reg seat assembly?

Thanks Again

EDIT: Never mind all of that LOL I found that the spring stack floor o-ring was a bit deformed. Wasn't nicked it seems but it wasn't sealing correctly. Can i replace it with an o-ring from a gun kit or is it a special type?

EVERYTHING happens for a reason - Dad

Ebay Feedback
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP... e=STRK:ME:UFS

Last edited by MockV : 03-16-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: new info found for repair
MockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:42 AM #135
kitbh
from da UP eh

Annual Supporting Member
kitbh is a Supporting Member
kitbh plays in the PSP
kitbh is an NCPA player
kitbh plays in the APPA D2 division
kitbh is Legendary
I am having a problem with my CP reg burst disk. It is leaking out of the burst disk area, but the burst disk itself does not seem to have burst. I have had a burst disk blow and I know what it sounds like/does. It leaks fairly significantly, but slows down the lower the pressure in the tank. I loose ~500psi in about 10mins I have never took the burst disk off or messed with it. It wasn't loose. I checked. It just randomly started happening at the end of a practice.

Thanks!

Last edited by kitbh : 03-20-2010 at 10:54 PM.
kitbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:38 PM #136
cmac2181
C Mc D

Annual Supporting Member
cmac2181 plays in the PSP
cmac2181 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
cmac2181 supports Pev's Paintball
cmac2181 plays in the APPA D4 division
i have a CP on/off (2k5 version) and when i gas up the gun its leakes from the bleed hole on the bottom. what would cuz this to happen. i know its the on/off b/c i put a different on/off on the gun and it worked fine. thanks for the help
cmac2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:41 AM #137
Transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockV View Post
Thanks for the reply. What is the correct way to install the reg seat? When I took the reg apart I didn't remove it. I just looked down the exposed opening and that is what was rattling. Is it supposed to move around loosely like that? Also, what is the best tool to remove the disk spring stack floor to check the oring and the correct position of the reg seat assembly?

Thanks Again

EDIT: Never mind all of that LOL I found that the spring stack floor o-ring was a bit deformed. Wasn't nicked it seems but it wasn't sealing correctly. Can i replace it with an o-ring from a gun kit or is it a special type?
It's not a special type you can replace it with any standard 070 Buna O-Ring use a 008 for the inside and a 012 for the outer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitbh View Post
I am having a problem with my CP reg burst disk. It is leaking out of the burst disk area, but the burst disk itself does not seem to have burst. I have had a burst disk blow and I know what it sounds like/does. It leaks fairly significantly, but slows down the lower the pressure in the tank. I loose ~500psi in about 10mins I have never took the burst disk off or messed with it. It wasn't loose. I checked. It just randomly started happening at the end of a practice.

Thanks!
You may want to replace them. If they've been taken out or even the plug have been taken off they could be damged slightly. If you PM me your address I'll send you a couple parts to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2181 View Post
i have a CP on/off (2k5 version) and when i gas up the gun its leakes from the bleed hole on the bottom. what would cuz this to happen. i know its the on/off b/c i put a different on/off on the gun and it worked fine. thanks for the help
Remove the internals and replace both the 005 and 013 O-ring and put some lube on them and you should have any more problems.

Here is a breakdown of the ASA Click Here

Last edited by Transformer : 03-21-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:03 AM #138
plastic

For replacing fill nipples, burst disks, etc., what type of thread sealant do you recommend? An adhesive type, or tape? What type of either?

Thanks for any help.
plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:08 AM #139
Transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic View Post
For replacing fill nipples, burst disks, etc., what type of thread sealant do you recommend? An adhesive type, or tape? What type of either?

Thanks for any help.
Bust Disk plugs none, fill nipples and gauge's Teflon Tape
Old 03-21-2010, 10:14 AM #140
plastic

Simple. Thanks for the quick response.
plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:58 PM #141
kitbh
from da UP eh

Annual Supporting Member
kitbh is a Supporting Member
kitbh plays in the PSP
kitbh is an NCPA player
kitbh plays in the APPA D2 division
kitbh is Legendary
pm'd address.

Thanks!
kitbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:23 PM #142
ninja-balla
ello

ninja-balla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ninja-balla is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I bought this tank brand new around 2 1/2 years ago and haven't taken the reg off or had anything done since I bought it.

I just recently got back into playing after 6 months or so and went to get my tank filled up and the reg needs rebuilding, okay that's fine so I left it at the shop to get it rebuilt. I came back a day or two later and find out that he couldn't get the reg to unscrew at all because it seemed to be loctited, he said he had a strap wrench slipping around it, you could see the gouges from how tight it was. He called cp up and they said I would need a proff or purchase to show where I bought it for them to do anything. I don't have anything to show where I bought it from... I looked through credit card records and everything. It was either action village or straight from cp though I'm pretty sure

What would you be able to do if I was able to came up with proof of purchase to show where I bought it? Do you have some tool to get stuck regs off?

If you are able to pm me on this that would be appreciated, thanks
ninja-balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:31 PM #143
!_JESS TPS_!

!_JESS TPS_! owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
!_JESS TPS_! supports Empire
Hey guys i have a question that no one wants to answer for me!! ok so i have a Long CP reg... Ok so is it possible to take my CP reg top and put it on a CP short bottom?
!_JESS TPS_! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:54 PM #144
Transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-balla View Post
I bought this tank brand new around 2 1/2 years ago and haven't taken the reg off or had anything done since I bought it.

I just recently got back into playing after 6 months or so and went to get my tank filled up and the reg needs rebuilding, okay that's fine so I left it at the shop to get it rebuilt. I came back a day or two later and find out that he couldn't get the reg to unscrew at all because it seemed to be loctited, he said he had a strap wrench slipping around it, you could see the gouges from how tight it was. He called cp up and they said I would need a proff or purchase to show where I bought it for them to do anything. I don't have anything to show where I bought it from... I looked through credit card records and everything. It was either action village or straight from cp though I'm pretty sure

What would you be able to do if I was able to came up with proof of purchase to show where I bought it? Do you have some tool to get stuck regs off?

If you are able to pm me on this that would be appreciated, thanks
PM Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by !_JESS TPS_! View Post
Hey guys i have a question that no one wants to answer for me!! ok so i have a Long CP reg... Ok so is it possible to take my CP reg top and put it on a CP short bottom?
Yes the tops and bottoms are interchangeable, if changing tops you need to account for either plugs or a gauge and when changing bottoms if you have a long bottom only a straight fitting will work
Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 PM #145
!_JESS TPS_!

!_JESS TPS_! owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
!_JESS TPS_! supports Empire
Ok thanks dude. thats the only thing i dont like about the Long CP reg, i wish you could put a elbow fitting on it!
!_JESS TPS_! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:12 AM #146
xwiredx

has been a member for 10 years
xwiredx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xwiredx supports DLX Technology
When replacing the CP tank burst discs, is it absolutely necessary to get them torqued to exactly 110 in/lbs?
xwiredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:34 PM #147
Transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwiredx View Post
When replacing the CP tank burst discs, is it absolutely necessary to get them torqued to exactly 110 in/lbs?
If you have a torque wrench then use is, if you don't have one no it is not absolutely necessary but is recommended. You don't want to have them to tight or to loose.