Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 12:42 PM #106
BioGenic
ABBySSS
 
BioGenic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: EDMoNToN
BioGenic plays in the PSP
BioGenic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BioGenic supports Team VICIOUS
How long and how much does a CP tank reg weigh???
__________________
PaintballActionGames
HighOctane [10]
Seattle Thunder Militia
PAG.GOPAINTBALL.CA.RPS.QUEST.1904photography.CPPL
BioGenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2010, 02:21 PM #107
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioGenic View Post
How long and how much does a CP tank reg weigh???
Including the threads that screw into the bottle your lookin 3 1/2", just the reg part (that shows) its 2 1/2". It weigh's .2970 .lbs or 4.75 oz
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 AM #108
hatchetwarrior1246
 
 
hatchetwarrior1246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chico CA
hatchetwarrior1246 donated to help Peyton Trent
hatchetwarrior1246 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hatchetwarrior1246 supports Team VICIOUS
hatchetwarrior1246 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What does the center piece of a regulator do (Long reg, not stubby)? I got a long reg by mistake and noticed that if you take out the center section, which looks to me like just a expansion chamber, it resembles that of a stubby. but I'm sure it has a purpose beyond my belief so I figured I'd ask. Thank you!

Kept exploring my reg and found the shim stack is in the center section.

I answered my own question. =)
__________________
This Aint X Ball Bro!

SEXY MACDEV DRONE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4441865

Last edited by hatchetwarrior1246 : 02-25-2010 at 12:35 AM.
hatchetwarrior1246 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:03 AM #109
MrD (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Weenie
MrD is reppin' sidebar 4 life
MrD plays in the APPA D4 division
my cp mini asa has stripped threads.. is there a way to fix this?
MrD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:28 PM #110
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
 has been a member for 10 years
Sorry for the delay in answering guy's I've been swamped

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchetwarrior1246 View Post
What does the center piece of a regulator do (Long reg, not stubby)? I got a long reg by mistake and noticed that if you take out the center section, which looks to me like just a expansion chamber, it resembles that of a stubby. but I'm sure it has a purpose beyond my belief so I figured I'd ask. Thank you!

Kept exploring my reg and found the shim stack is in the center section.

I answered my own question. =)
As you already stated the center piece houses the Spring stack and Piston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD View Post
my cp mini asa has stripped threads.. is there a way to fix this?
There sure is a way to fix it. Simply send it in and I'll replace it with a new one.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:48 AM #111
chickenkid
 
 
chickenkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
chickenkid plays in the PSP
chickenkid plays in the APPA D4 division
When replacing the gauge, is loctite needed?
__________________
Feedback

ZONE
chickenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 AM #112
Idaballa
 
 
Idaballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado Springs
Idaballa owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Hi there....

Had my CP tank since xmas and have only ran a few tank through it. It has developed a rattle inside as if there is a pebble in it....What is my course of action?

Thanks,
Jeff
Idaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:26 PM #113
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenkid View Post
When replacing the gauge, is loctite needed?
No it is not needed but you will need either tat or (my personal preference) some teflon tape to ensure no leaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaballa View Post
Hi there....

Had my CP tank since xmas and have only ran a few tank through it. It has developed a rattle inside as if there is a pebble in it....What is my course of action?

Thanks,
Jeff
If you only hear a rattle when the tank is empty its normal it's only the pop-it in the fill valve or the seat carrier, either ways its normal in all tanks and nothing to worry about, once filled with air it will won't do it.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:50 AM #114
SteelBush
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
I just pick up a used marker with a CP short reg on it. I own a short older style CP reg on my pump. This reg is a extra metal ring to top of the shim stack. Does this metal ring belong in there?



SteelBush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:08 AM #115
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBush View Post
I just pick up a used marker with a CP short reg on it. I own a short older style CP reg on my pump. This reg is a extra metal ring to top of the shim stack. Does this metal ring belong in there?
Yes that is supposed to, that's an older reg and was needed to operate it. That is a Gen 1 and sounds like the newer one you got was a Gen 2.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:18 AM #116
bandit_kb
Back in the Game
 
bandit_kb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ATX
Inline Reg Question

I have a CP reg that needs to be maintained, but I can't unscrew the three sections of the reg. Is there a tool I could use to do this, without scratching up my reg?


Thanks
__________________
Empire 2 Timmy
Invert Mini with eigenbolt
bandit_kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:03 PM #117
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit_kb View Post
I have a CP reg that needs to be maintained, but I can't unscrew the three sections of the reg. Is there a tool I could use to do this, without scratching up my reg?


Thanks
Sorry no specific tool, however in the top of the reg you can stick a 3/8 allen key to remove the top. You can PM me for more info on removal and specific questions as to which section you need removing.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:27 PM #118
Rockyboarder
So Long Gay boys....
 
Rockyboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Rockyboarder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
What would make a high pressure burst disk go at 3000 psi while being filled? Internals are perfect and tank hasn't been mis-used.
Rockyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:21 PM #119
fireduster
 
 
fireduster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Jersey
fireduster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have a cp inline short reg, I can't get velocity wight the reg, I thought it was a oring issue so got a rebuild kit and rebuilt it, I am certain the spring stack is in correct, when I first cronoed after the rebuild it was fine after about 1000 rounds I noticed it was droping off again went to crono and could not acheive anything over 200 fps, I am also using a cp high preassure tank reg, thanks
__________________
NJ Ambush #88


Searching for Octance NXT Shocker #0025, its Dust Red/Black! PM me if you know its whereabouts!
fireduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:10 PM #120
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyboarder View Post
What would make a high pressure burst disk go at 3000 psi while being filled? Internals are perfect and tank hasn't been mis-used.
Sounds like the seat carrier has gone bad, if you'd like I can ship you a new one or you can send it in for a complete rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireduster View Post
I have a cp inline short reg, I can't get velocity wight the reg, I thought it was a oring issue so got a rebuild kit and rebuilt it, I am certain the spring stack is in correct, when I first cronoed after the rebuild it was fine after about 1000 rounds I noticed it was droping off again went to crono and could not acheive anything over 200 fps, I am also using a cp high preassure tank reg, thanks
Have you rebuilt/relubed the tank reg?
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:06 PM #121
fireduster
 
 
fireduster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Jersey
fireduster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer View Post
Sounds like the seat carrier has gone bad, if you'd like I can ship you a new one or you can send it in for a complete rebuild



Have you rebuilt/relubed the tank reg?
It's a brand new tank reg, so I hvent relubed or rebuilt it, I have a crossfire lp and a ninja hp and the inline does the same with all the tanks, is the spring/washer stack possibly bad?
__________________
NJ Ambush #88


Searching for Octance NXT Shocker #0025, its Dust Red/Black! PM me if you know its whereabouts!
fireduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:12 PM #122
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireduster View Post
It's a brand new tank reg, so I hvent relubed or rebuilt it, I have a crossfire lp and a ninja hp and the inline does the same with all the tanks, is the spring/washer stack possibly bad?
Chances of the spring stack going bad is doubtful. Have you looked over all the O-Rings (including the 010 in the center), also check over the piston to see if there are any knicks or dings on it.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:12 PM #123
fireduster
 
 
fireduster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Jersey
fireduster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer View Post
Chances of the spring stack going bad is doubtful. Have you looked over all the O-Rings (including the 010 in the center), also check over the piston to see if there are any knicks or dings on it.
Yep did all that, replaced all the orings and the piston on the inside, even the ball, plunger, screw and washer
__________________
NJ Ambush #88


Searching for Octance NXT Shocker #0025, its Dust Red/Black! PM me if you know its whereabouts!
fireduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:03 PM #124
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireduster View Post
Yep did all that, replaced all the orings and the piston on the inside, even the ball, plunger, screw and washer
PMing
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:53 PM #125
Rockyboarder
So Long Gay boys....
 
Rockyboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Rockyboarder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Do I need to supply you with my address to ship to me? Please PM.
Rockyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:16 PM #126
fireduster
 
 
fireduster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Jersey
fireduster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer View Post
PMing
Haven't gotten anything yet, I'll check again in a bit
__________________
NJ Ambush #88


Searching for Octance NXT Shocker #0025, its Dust Red/Black! PM me if you know its whereabouts!
fireduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump