Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 AM #85
Dimaiuat
BIG ANT
 
Dimaiuat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Virginia Beach.
Dimaiuat supports Team VICIOUS
Dimaiuat is for the Gunfight
Dimaiuat posts videos on PbNation
Dimaiuat supports Pev's Paintball
I was playing last Sunday, and my tank was working great until near the end of the day. It started to leak, so I drained the tank, and took the fill nipple off and put Teflon tape around it and put it back on. That wasn't the leak though, it's leaking through the reg and tank I think. I didn't do nothing to make this happen. Can you pm me and give me and address to ship to so they/you can fix it? Also is it free? Thanks.
Dimaiuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2010, 06:52 AM #86
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaiuat View Post
I was playing last Sunday, and my tank was working great until near the end of the day. It started to leak, so I drained the tank, and took the fill nipple off and put Teflon tape around it and put it back on. That wasn't the leak though, it's leaking through the reg and tank I think. I didn't do nothing to make this happen. Can you pm me and give me and address to ship to so they/you can fix it? Also is it free? Thanks.

Sounds like the oring between the reg and tank has gone bad. I'll PM you the shipping address. Yes it's a free service, when I get it I'll completely rebuild it.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 AM #87
vzmaniac
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
hey got a cp reg

i have replaced both burst disk with brand new (tested on other reg) burst discs and my reg still leaks from them... would anyone know why that is?


what can i do to fix it ?
vzmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:39 AM #88
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzmaniac View Post
hey got a cp reg

i have replaced both burst disk with brand new (tested on other reg) burst discs and my reg still leaks from them... would anyone know why that is?


what can i do to fix it ?
Are you using CP burst disk's as any other manufactures could cause problems (ie leaks).

Are you positive the leak is coming from the burst disk's? I would fill a glass with water and submerge the reg to pin point where the leak is coming from. If it is then you may need to to replace the seat carrier. You can send it in to me and I'll rebuild it for you or you could do it yourself or local shop.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:39 PM #89
yerboi
 
 
yerboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: S Puget Sound
yerboi owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
yerboi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
to CP's customer service. CP's c.s. is second to none! Even with all these newer tanks on the marker, I've still stuck with, and have only purchased CP tanks (four total so far). I've dealt with them several times and nothing but top notch service. 2 tanks had the older brass pin valves, notorious for sticking (leaking all the air out of your tank), and they sent me the new silver pins with new bonnets/top adapter free of charge each time. And another time I purchased a used tank that was missing 2 shims and was leaking. I sent it in to CP and when they received it, they fixed it (even changed the pressure to HP as I requested) and had it shipped back to me the next day, free of charge.

Now that's customer service for ya!

But I do have a question. Are the tank reg gauges also covered under the lifetime warranty? Mine has a crack in it.
yerboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:22 PM #90
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerboi View Post
to CP's customer service. CP's c.s. is second to none! Even with all these newer tanks on the marker, I've still stuck with, and have only purchased CP tanks (four total so far). I've dealt with them several times and nothing but top notch service. 2 tanks had the older brass pin valves, notorious for sticking (leaking all the air out of your tank), and they sent me the new silver pins with new bonnets/top adapter free of charge each time. And another time I purchased a used tank that was missing 2 shims and was leaking. I sent it in to CP and when they received it, they fixed it (even changed the pressure to HP as I requested) and had it shipped back to me the next day, free of charge.

Now that's customer service for ya!

But I do have a question. Are the tank reg gauges also covered under the lifetime warranty? Mine has a crack in it.
sure is. We just need the old one back (so were not just giving them out as u can understand I'm sure). PM for more info.

Greg
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:44 PM #91
yerboi
 
 
yerboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: S Puget Sound
yerboi owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
yerboi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer View Post
sure is. We just need the old one back (so were not just giving them out as u can understand I'm sure). PM for more info.

Greg
Sending you a PM now...
yerboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:42 PM #92
nevekd128
 
 
nevekd128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
the Inline cp reg, it leaks out of the pin hole, do i just need to replace the #10 oring?
__________________
PM8 FOR SALE
RUSH...yeah
nevekd128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:48 PM #93
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevekd128 View Post
the Inline cp reg, it leaks out of the pin hole, do i just need to replace the #10 oring?
That is the most common to replace and it never hurts to replace any o-ring. It may also be as simple a fix as to apply some dow 55 to the 010 in the center as well as the piston.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:56 PM #94
peachesarenottasty
 
 
peachesarenottasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EsconGhetto, Ca
peachesarenottasty is playing at Living Legends III
peachesarenottasty supports Team VICIOUS
peachesarenottasty supports Pev's Paintball
peachesarenottasty has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
My cp long reg has a small leak from the macro fitting. The cut on the macro fittings is perfect, and I tried a few other pieces. The reg is just sitting charged, not firing. Does it leak because of the air just sitting dormant in the reg, or is it bad?
__________________
peachesarenottasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:22 PM #95
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesarenottasty View Post
My cp long reg has a small leak from the macro fitting. The cut on the macro fittings is perfect, and I tried a few other pieces. The reg is just sitting charged, not firing. Does it leak because of the air just sitting dormant in the reg, or is it bad?
It's not bad, I would recommend it however (heard lots of stories of macro-line bursting). Sounds like the fitting could be going bad or you need to re Teflon the fitting.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:47 PM #96
tony murderface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Annual Supporting Member
tony murderface plays in the PSP
tony murderface plays in the APPA D3 division
where can i buy a new thread bonnet. their almost striped out form using my tank on a mini with out an on off :>( i looked on your site and searched high and low on the net and cant find one. thanks for your time
tony murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:01 PM #97
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony murderface View Post
where can i buy a new thread bonnet. their almost striped out form using my tank on a mini with out an on off :>( i looked on your site and searched high and low on the net and cant find one. thanks for your time
PM me I'll tell you.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:14 AM #98
peachesarenottasty
 
 
peachesarenottasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EsconGhetto, Ca
peachesarenottasty is playing at Living Legends III
peachesarenottasty supports Team VICIOUS
peachesarenottasty supports Pev's Paintball
peachesarenottasty has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer View Post
It's not bad, I would recommend it however (heard lots of stories of macro-line bursting). Sounds like the fitting could be going bad or you need to re Teflon the fitting.


the fitting is built into the reg...
__________________
peachesarenottasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:06 PM #99
nevekd128
 
 
nevekd128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
So the stickers on my CP inline reg fell of, IS there a way i can get them replaced? and if so, how much?
__________________
PM8 FOR SALE
RUSH...yeah
nevekd128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:07 AM #100
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesarenottasty View Post
the fitting is built into the reg...
You can use a 3/16 allen key to remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevekd128 View Post
So the stickers on my CP inline reg fell of, IS there a way i can get them replaced? and if so, how much?
PM me your address I'll mail you a new set.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:26 PM #101
Kirko017
 
 
Kirko017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Akron, Ohio
Kirko017 plays in the PSP
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
Kirko017 plays in the APPA D4 division
I just got two CP Mini On/Offs and I just put the second one on my other gun and air'd it up to make sure the elbows and macroline were not leaking. I went to take the tank off and I twisted the knob when I was unscrewing it to release the air and the knob never stopped and it fell off... Highly doubt I will be able to return it after I have opened and placed the elbows on. And I don't feel like having to pay for shipping again. What would you recommend me using to keep it from falling off when unscrewing? Loctite or super glue?
Kirko017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:41 PM #102
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirko017 View Post
I just got two CP Mini On/Offs and I just put the second one on my other gun and air'd it up to make sure the elbows and macroline were not leaking. I went to take the tank off and I twisted the knob when I was unscrewing it to release the air and the knob never stopped and it fell off... Highly doubt I will be able to return it after I have opened and placed the elbows on. And I don't feel like having to pay for shipping again. What would you recommend me using to keep it from falling off when unscrewing? Loctite or super glue?
We use a small drop of blue locktite on the top of the screw. To get a snug fit i would recommend taking the insides of the On/Off out and placing an allen key to the screw from the inside (this will keep it from moving when tightening the knob).
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:00 PM #103
sayntdownfall
 
 
sayntdownfall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
I had purchased a new mini CP reg and put it onto my NXT shocker. I aired up the gun and tried to chrono it and had quite a few problems, the velocity was jumping in increments of 80+ fps and followed irregular patterns. For instance I would turn it clockwise and it would hit 150 i turn it clockwise further and it would be 250 turn it a third time and it would chrono at 90. One of the refs told me that because its a new reg it may need to be broken in, so I fired a few hundred just air shots through the gun. After that the problem persisted. I took it into the airsmiths at CRU paintball and they told me that the regulator had been stacked wrong and because there was no safety feature to vent the pressure in the reg the built up pressure stripped the manifold screws. I guess I just should have stuck with the stock regulator but I always heard good things about the cp's, I didnt think that the reg would end up costing me an extra 35 dollars to fix my manifold. Is there a picture and assembly instructions for this reg anywhere so this never happens again?
sayntdownfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:15 PM #104
Dimaiuat
BIG ANT
 
Dimaiuat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Virginia Beach.
Dimaiuat supports Team VICIOUS
Dimaiuat is for the Gunfight
Dimaiuat posts videos on PbNation
Dimaiuat supports Pev's Paintball
Greg,

I sent you my tank once, and you did a good job fixing it. But today I was out playing, and I went to fill my tank and it won't go past 2500 on the gauge. I don't know what was causing this, or if that is just normal because I had to refill air a lot. So if you can give me an idea on what this is and how to fix it then that would be great.

Thanks.
Dimaiuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:19 PM #105
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayntdownfall View Post
I had purchased a new mini CP reg and put it onto my NXT shocker. I aired up the gun and tried to chrono it and had quite a few problems, the velocity was jumping in increments of 80+ fps and followed irregular patterns. For instance I would turn it clockwise and it would hit 150 i turn it clockwise further and it would be 250 turn it a third time and it would chrono at 90. One of the refs told me that because its a new reg it may need to be broken in, so I fired a few hundred just air shots through the gun. After that the problem persisted. I took it into the airsmiths at CRU paintball and they told me that the regulator had been stacked wrong and because there was no safety feature to vent the pressure in the reg the built up pressure stripped the manifold screws. I guess I just should have stuck with the stock regulator but I always heard good things about the cp's, I didnt think that the reg would end up costing me an extra 35 dollars to fix my manifold. Is there a picture and assembly instructions for this reg anywhere so this never happens again?
I haven't heard of this happening before, sorry for any inconvenience. As for a breakdown of the reg, here is the link Click Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaiuat View Post
Greg,

I sent you my tank once, and you did a good job fixing it. But today I was out playing, and I went to fill my tank and it won't go past 2500 on the gauge. I don't know what was causing this, or if that is just normal because I had to refill air a lot. So if you can give me an idea on what this is and how to fix it then that would be great.

Thanks.
I'll PM you
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump