PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-23-2015, 05:48 AM #1
Red Alert

Hydro question

How do you know when a tank needs to be hydroed

And how long the tank has made for ?

It's been a while since I have played and am looking at getting a tank from a friend and he doesn't know either Ithey are hpa tanks any info would be helpful
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2015, 07:07 AM #2
Kbug
Dookie

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
There will be a date printed on the tank. This was the date that the tank was born on. Most newer tanks are all 5 year tanks, which means that it doesn't need to be retested until 5 years after the born date. Some older tanks are only 3 year tanks, but these will usually say "Retest every 3 years".

Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:06 AM #3
Red Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbug View Post
There will be a date printed on the tank. This was the date that the tank was born on. Most newer tanks are all 5 year tanks, which means that it doesn't need to be retested until 5 years after the born date. Some older tanks are only 3 year tanks, but these will usually say "Retest every 3 years".
Thank you
Old 02-23-2015, 12:31 PM #4
jestep

Also, total lifespan is 15 years on most carbon wrapped tanks, so if the born date is older than 15 years back, tank is unusable regardless of the condition.

Just throwing this out there, because I see people trying to sell tanks with 00 or older dates on them, and these tanks wont be able to be re-hydroed. You'll see them on ebay all the time.
jestep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:01 PM #5
tommikka
Tom

tommikka owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
tommikka has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tommikka has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tommikka has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The legal specifics are UK/European specific, but see below for some information

http://www.oaklandsfestival.host56.c...nformation.pdf

If it has a maximum lifetime then it should have a final or expiry date
Look for the design type reference and you can look into specifics on the type

A rough guide to whether it is an hpa air cylinder or a co2 cyljnder is that air has a full nipple on the side of the regulator, co2 doesn't as it just has a valve that is used to fill and to operate
tommikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:34 PM #6
Okefenokee kid

I was going through some old gear that was in storage, and I came across some tanks. They are nitroduck cf tanks.

I've got a tank that was born in 05 but hasn't been hydro'd. The reg is showing it has 2000 psi in it, can I use this air to test my gun?
Okefenokee kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:39 PM #7
jestep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okefenokee kid View Post
I was going through some old gear that was in storage, and I came across some tanks. They are nitroduck cf tanks.

I've got a tank that was born in 05 but hasn't been hydro'd. The reg is showing it has 2000 psi in it, can I use this air to test my gun?
Should be fine as long as all the internals in the regulator are still working. Throw it on a marker and give it a shot. I would imagine it will work fine.
jestep is offline   Reply With Quote