Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:29 AM #1
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)
Star Dropper

has been a member for 10 years
for those young guns out there

i had convos like this with a freind of mine...both met each other like 8 years ago when we where considerd young guns lol..im 20 now

dont waste your hard earned money on this sport week after week. if you have parents who support you then go for it. but its a waste of money seriously

EASILY me n my friend oculd of saved like $25k each after 2-4 years of playing every week almost. thats not including national event cost. you know what you can do with that 25k? wish i saved it..

just a heads up. SAVE YOUR MONEY UNLESS YOUR PARENTS CAN SUPPORT IT
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2009, 09:34 AM #2
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)
Star Dropper

I mean going to events and playing paintball with your freinds is cool and all. but when you get to a certain point of your paintball carrer it feels like a job.. and you actually need to know people to make it into paintball as a national player. my team used to play with greg hasting all the time. the dude on the video game cover. 3-4 guys on my D2 team where better then this guy including my self. and he was playing for XSV.

point im trying to make is. it comes down to money, and who u know. heads up to all the young guys who wana be AGG like the dudes from cerial killers
Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 AM #3
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master

DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLA TrixTa View Post
I mean going to events and playing paintball with your freinds is cool and all. but when you get to a certain point of your paintball carrer it feels like a job.. and you actually need to know people to make it into paintball as a national player. my team used to play with greg hasting all the time. the dude on the video game cover. 3-4 guys on my D2 team where better then this guy including my self. and he was playing for XSV.

point im trying to make is. it comes down to money, and who u know. heads up to all the young guys who wana be AGG like the dudes from cerial killers
A few things here: Paintball is not a “Career” unless you are getting paid for it. If you are getting paid, it is a Job.
Next, most people playing paintball do it for fun and not because they want to be “Tony Hawk Pro Paintball Player”.
Third, Tournaments at local level and open play are for fun and for some they are stepping stones to the pros, but not for too many.

The ones that make it have the heart, drive, tenacity, conviction and the will to make it. Along the way they get recognized, but just like everything else there are only so many slots on a team. You either make the cut or you don’t. Most teams are looking for personality as well as talent. If you don’t have the personality to fit on a team that is already established it really doesn’t matter how talented you are. You can teach skills you cannot teach personality.

Sounds like you were not true to yourself when you started playing tournament ball. Commenting on being better than another player makes you sound like you are whining, and it is bad form. I get you are trying to warn the young ones that not everyone makes it to the pros, but you could have done it with more class.

Paintball is an expensive sport no doubt about that. However, paintball is no more of a waste of money than, Dating, Cars, Football, Lacrosse, Baseball, Hockey, IPSC Shooting, Video Games, Stereos, Big Screen TVs and the list goes on. One has to be realistic about one’s own future in whatever they do.

The trick to lasting in the sport is to figure out why you are playing it and what your goals are early on. You don’t need the latest gear to be competitive on any level. If you are constantly buying the latest equipment because you have to improve your game, paintball is going to be an endless hole that you throw your money into.

Bottom line, paintball is a hobby for 99.5% of the people that play it for the other 0.5% that play it is their job. Much like every other sport out there your Career in the sport will most likely be a few years and won’t span decades unless you are That Damned Good.
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook
Old 12-03-2009, 11:52 AM #4
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)
Star Dropper

first nppl match I played was against aftershock. I was 16 and did a run threw on them eliminating 3 guys and giving my team the win. so rejudge me on that

paintball is fun, but STOP playing once it feels like it's your job. sadly me and many other talented players feels this way. 1 of thos kids ended up on arsenal FYI. that is his job.

Last edited by KiLLA TrixTa : 12-03-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:01 PM #5
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master

DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Quote:
first nppl match I played was against aftershock. I was 16 and did a run threw on them eliminating 3 guys and giving my team the win.

Everyone gets lucky once

so rejudge me on that kido
Read My sig I am 24 years older than you. I didn't judge you, I said you sounds like you were whining and it was in bad form. Sounds like to me you never learned how to take criticism which may have been your problem making it to the pros.
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook

Last edited by DSDM : 12-03-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:08 PM #6
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
You're 20 and you can't even produce proper English in your statements. Why should anyone take you seriously? You make no valid arguments and are very unconvincing in your rambles about being better than the pros.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:17 PM #7
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
you sure spell like a young gun.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:25 PM #8
cbomber220

cbomber220 helped look for balloons
cbomber220 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cbomber220 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cbomber220 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
if it feels like a job and your not getting paid or having any fun just quit/take a break until you feel you can enjoy it again.

i've spent tons on money on this sport but i don't regret it at all.

i was feeling negative about it for alil bit but then i had to have surgery. after a 5 month break i came back in ready to go. im not trying to go pro im just having fun with it. you should feel that same way.

Gearbag Sale, Lots of Random stuff you don't want....you need!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:35 PM #9
Idiosyncrisia
Shhh... Just embrace it.

I love paintball, and I wish I could play it more, but it is expensive like you said. If you're smart about it, you would limit yourself to playing within your budget. I look at paintball like a treat. For you as a tournament player, yeah it will be ruinously expensive if you practice every week, but it was your decision to take it that far. It was your decision to attempt to become the best instead of just going out to have fun. Sure there are a lot of tournament players out there that practice every weekend, but for the majority of people that read this site, some play once or twice a year. They do it to have fun, not as their soccer or football team.

I think you need to realize that people can enjoy paintball just as much, or if not more, by playing a few times a year. They'll look forward to it. Hell, I get really excited when I can find some free time and some spare money that will allow me to go play paintball. When I'm done for the day I have some great memories, and I know it was worth it.

You seem to have the problem that many people have, not just paintballers. I would hate to see you with a credit card. The golden rule is if you cannot afford it, don't buy it. It will always be there, and when you can afford it later, buy it and enjoy it.

You only represent a small amount of paintballers in the world, and even at that, your views are skewed.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:58 PM #10
crazyboarder9999

crazyboarder9999 plays in the PSP
crazyboarder9999 supports Team VICIOUS
crazyboarder9999 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
first nppl match I played was against aftershock. I was 16 and did a run threw on them eliminating 3 guys and giving my team the win. so rejudge me on that

paintball is fun, but STOP playing once it feels like it's your job. sadly me and many other talented players feels this way. 1 of thos kids ended up on arsenal FYI. that is his job.
loll really? got an appa to match that?

Contact me for more information
Old 12-03-2009, 02:12 PM #11
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)
Star Dropper

google it. A+ FBM factory 2005 HB
Old 12-03-2009, 02:30 PM #12
crazyboarder9999

crazyboarder9999 plays in the PSP
crazyboarder9999 plays in the APPA D5 division
yeah what division was that in not pro

Contact me for more information
Old 12-03-2009, 02:43 PM #13
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)
Star Dropper

no..we where playing D2. we played 1 pro team and the rest D2 teams..only remember playing x-factory d2 at the time, aftershock, and some crazy australian team, and the stoned assasins

like i said it was the begining of my NPPL so it was a very long time ago..im not gonna waste my time to proove to any 1. go google it
Old 12-03-2009, 02:52 PM #14
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Name of the Arsenal player? My field is home of the divisional franchise teams and occasionally some of the pro players. I know a dozen+ people who could tell if you're lying or not.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:54 PM #15
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
You actually didn't play any Pro teams unless you were on a Pro team in 2005-2009 in the NPPL.

2005 was when the NPPL locked the Pro division and didn't allow any teams to play against Pros except other Pros.

To the best of my knowledge, Aftershock even didn't attend HB. This link backs that up.
http://www.paintball2000.de/news/det...artieklid=1871
Old 12-03-2009, 02:57 PM #16
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)
Star Dropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
You actually didn't play any Pro teams unless you were on a Pro team in 2005-2009 in the NPPL.

2005 was when the NPPL locked the Pro division and didn't allow any teams to play against Pros except other Pros.

To the best of my knowledge, Aftershock even didn't attend HB. This link backs that up.
http://www.paintball2000.de/news/det...artieklid=1871

that is 100% false.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:00 PM #17
John

Annual Supporting Member
Haha, I played in the Pro division at that event. Pros only played other Pros.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:04 PM #18
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)
Star Dropper

So your calling me a lier? and you would know only because you where on a pro division? i wouldnt know right? because im just making this up...
Old 12-03-2009, 03:07 PM #19
John

Annual Supporting Member
Uh, you are the one who said what I typed is "100% false" remember?

If Aftershock played in 2005 HB, what place did they finish? Or do you mean Shock?

And yes, I would know for certain that the Pro division was locked so you didn't play any NPPL Pro teams.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:12 PM #20
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)
Star Dropper

Im not gonna go any further on the matter so id apreciate it if you didnt clutter my thread.

how ever, John, I did make a post in the afterhsock section for all if you calling shens. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post63553572
Old 12-03-2009, 03:15 PM #21
pballler2269

pballler2269 helped look for balloons
Don't argue John. He has teh ban hammer. But he is right, they did lock it in 05
Closed Thread