Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Do your parents pay and support you?
Pay and Support 196 20.96%
Pay, no support 81 8.66%
Support, no pay 438 46.84%
No support, no pay 220 23.53%
Voters: 935. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2010, 04:05 PM #106
ScottW

ScottW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ScottW supports our troops
idk what you consider a young gun but im 18. i started playing when i was probably 13. at first my parents were totaly against it and wouldnt let me play since its illegal here in the city and my dad was a cop. then they finally let me get a gun and play with my buddies and i managed to get my dad interested and he tried it once, went home and he ordered a gun right away, now we both go out and play all the time

so yes now my parents support it, i pay for it tho, unless for christmas or a birthday they might get me somethin and on occasion if im low on money my dad will help out
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2010, 04:10 PM #107
Blue Machine (Banned)

Blue Machine is playing at Living Legends III
i pay for my own gear, but like someone said before me, i work for paintball money
Blue Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:57 PM #108
DYNASTYxPRO
i love paintball

DYNASTYxPRO owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DYNASTYxPRO supports Team VICIOUS
DYNASTYxPRO posts videos on PbNation
my parents tip me for stuff i want to buy and pay sometimes to play on the weekend. and they drive me .
DYNASTYxPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:31 PM #109
seanhockey13 (Banned)

seanhockey13 plays in the PSP
seanhockey13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seanhockey13 supports Team VICIOUS
seanhockey13 plays in the APPA D4 division
i get supported, and maybe once a month my mom will give me like some money to by maybe new pants if i need em bad. but i still have to pay her back
seanhockey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 PM #110
nolssss21
Ballin it every weekend

they definately support it but will NOT pay, it was very difficult to startoff playin but now im usually ok payin for it and not losing a lot of money

during the summer i ump baseball games, brings in like 600 dollars and its easy
my friends all sell stuff at husker games im too busy partying tho

p.s.-GO BIG RED!!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

"You gas up the marker, put on the mask and walk onto the field... it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..."
nolssss21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:20 PM #111
DylanC

DylanC supports Sherwood Forest
Luckily, my dad is a gun freak. We are a firearm family, and paintball is just my sport and he supports it 100%. My mom drives me to all my events and tourneys, and she doe's pay for paint if i run a little low. I love my parents <3
Old 02-08-2010, 10:21 PM #112
Babyspice7
Come at me bro!

Babyspice7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Babyspice7 supports Team VICIOUS
Babyspice7 is for the Gunfight
My parents pay for my practice expenses but when tourney time rolls around I have to pay for most if not all of it... I normally only get nice pieces of gear for christmas or my birthday unless we win tournaments...

Temporary Free Agent. D3 or D2. Get at me!
Babyspice7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:56 AM #113
NickThePumpPlaya

NickThePumpPlaya supports Team VICIOUS
hell no my parents dont support me i dont get any money from them atall they wont let me spend the money i do have on a new gun and they wont let me stay at a friends house so i can play both sat and sunday with my own money **** no my parents just hate me not the sport tho.

EEYORE
NickThePumpPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:44 AM #114
baller_for_life_721
baller4eva

im 16, 17 in july and rarely get money from parents theytotally dislike the fact that i paintball but i always will ball and that would be the only reason im still shoting an ion with no ups i hate the gun and everything about it but its not the gun that makes the player so im in the process of getting a team together!!! so i have a better chance of uping i would love to have supporting parents but doubt that will ever happen so just gonna have to go with what i got!
98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig

*Semper Fi*
baller_for_life_721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 AM #115
kick me 230
R.I.P. ZJ

kick me 230 plays in the PSP
kick me 230 supports Cereal Killerz 2
kick me 230 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kick me 230 supports Team VICIOUS
kick me 230 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanC View Post
Luckily, my dad is a gun freak. We are a firearm family, and paintball is just my sport and he supports it 100%. My mom drives me to all my events and tourneys, and she doe's pay for paint if i run a little low. I love my parents <3
Firearms Family? how the heck do you own fire arms if your in White Plains?
kick me 230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 AM #116
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master

DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by kick me 230 View Post
Firearms Family? how the heck do you own fire arms if your in White Plains?
It is not illegal to own them in NY, Just a little harder.
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:24 PM #117
FAT GIRL

my parent support me and my twin brother like they will go to tournaments and watch and stuff but they wont pay for anything.

i have a teamate drive me and my bro to practice on sundays so they dont get angry and so they have money to support us at home and in paintball.

i work at the feild i play at i work on saturdays from 9 to 5 so i can play with my team im sponcered out there i juss down have money to spend so i work.

07 EGO ^^^^^ LOOK! black and lime green! pm me for pics!!! ^^^^^^

When you know what you want and you focus upon what you want and keep heading towards what you want then eventually you will get what you want. For you must first dream before you can live the dream.

I'M SO BUTTNAKED!!!
FAT GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:30 PM #118
LOGANxKILLSxSUCKAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickThePumpPlaya View Post
hell no my parents dont support me i dont get any money from them atall they wont let me spend the money i do have on a new gun and they wont let me stay at a friends house so i can play both sat and sunday with my own money **** no my parents just hate me not the sport tho.
yep, im sure they hate you
just remember,
down the street, not across the road
Old 02-15-2010, 12:05 AM #119
thehauntr
big o tities

i wish
thehauntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:27 AM #120
S2N_Joe (Banned)

Im not a young gun anymore, but i got my first job when i was 14, saved my money up and bought a used tippmann 98. (15) Then i was able to play about every other month for the next 2-3 years due to the fact that i only worked in the summer and my parents refused to give me any money for.. anything. At first my parents didnt support me playing at all, my mom thought it was "pretending to kill people" so i would ride my bike to the field with a gear bag over my shoulder to play. (only 4mi away thankfully) I took a break from paintball for a few years after that and just started playing again a few months ago. My mom just saw me play rec speedball for the first time (Im 22 now) last month. She thought it was very cool and wants to come watch me play tournaments. So ive never seen a dime to play, and it took 7 years to get support. But amazingly i stuck to it.

Last edited by S2N_Joe : 02-17-2010 at 11:31 AM.
S2N_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:47 PM #121
snakefreak11

snakefreak11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snakefreak11 supports Team VICIOUS
snakefreak11 supports Team VICIOUS
snakefreak11 plays in the APPA D5 division
im rly not sure if im still a young gun im 17 and i pay for most of my stuff but my mom gives me money for practises and tourneys but i look at it this way yes its nice to say u work and pay for ur own stuff but if ur parents support u like mine do u should be fine with ur parents paying for ur stuff me and my mom made a agreement saying as long as i stay out of trouble and get good grades she will help pay for my expenses i mean times are tuff and paintball is expensive and without my parents support i would nvr be able to play as much as i do so i love the fact that my parents will come see me play and help pay for my stuff so thats just my opinion
Old 02-20-2010, 12:12 PM #122
chavier94

chavier94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i started playing when i was 14, i got all my gear myself with my cash, but my mom helps pay for paint but thats about it, my dad doesnt want me playing at all im 15 now going on 16 in september hopefully i get a job and will be able to play every weekend the closest field to me is like 40 minutes away and my mom hates driving for more then 30 minutes so hopefully when im 16 i can get my license and drive myself to the field
chavier94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:30 PM #123
NoWel
PE☼ CHILLERZONE

Hi, im 17 year old dunno if its too old for here but still

My parents at first was happy that i was finaly doing something related to sport.
i had a cheap *** spyder that been leaking after 3 case's of paint ''lolZ'' i had a job so i decided to buy a full upp'd ION, there i started playing speed ball more and more... and my parents wasn't saying anything. They sometimes gave me money for admission or paint.

But as soon i as started playing speedball in a team and doing events my parents help me alot, they paid me a clinic with MR.U and Bart Blondski im very happy, Now that im more in the sport i got an EGO 10 , and my parents are very interested in helping me playing paintball

Getting a sponsor is also the key, my sponsor own a field so i work a bit for them, they paid to me and my team a EMPIRE STARS KIT, ( JERSEYS PANTS )

The only hard part is getting a job. As soon as you get get one.. gj

Dont worrry find a job , get money , play paint
NoWel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:29 PM #124
l2lCHAl2D

if you dont have a job or source of income parents are paying for you
l2lCHAl2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:52 PM #125
nealm

nealm supports Cereal Killerz 2
I'm 15 and I have a job. I pay for all of my stuff

[Captain Oring]

nealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:16 AM #126
KIngOfjoos45

KIngOfjoos45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
KIngOfjoos45 supports Team VICIOUS
KIngOfjoos45 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1234 View Post
i have a dm10 im 12 my mom says im really good, she gives me 200 dollars each time i play every weekend just incase i need a soda during the day.
dude is this guy serious i hope not ive got to work my *** off just to play once or twice a month

If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away from the game eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions, you have failed as a paintballer. Put this in your sig to help spread the word.
KIngOfjoos45 is offline   Reply With Quote