Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 05:11 AM #190
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel
 
TzeentchianGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Giving someone else's IP away has never been legal.
__________________
Support your local Blog
TzeentchianGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2009, 06:39 AM #191
ItsNate
 
 
ItsNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
ItsNate donated to help Peyton Trent
ItsNate is playing at Living Legends III
ItsNate owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ItsNate supports our troops
Whatever... Giving away someones IP has never been ILLEGAL... Name a court case that someone was found guilty of doing so. You guys are too ignorant to even TRY to understand why IP (Intillectual Property) is a load of horse**** created by people to invent value on something that has none.

Calling an internet object IP is the ONLY way to attempt to place value on them... which is why it receives such scrutiny. Until the last 6-8 years emails were not even considered legal documents much less anything else created or posessed online.

You guys need to get a grip on the FACT that the internet and everything having to do with it is a new concept, barely 15 years old. Laws are still being written about it and what laws that are written but are not specifically about it DO NOT PERTAIN to it. Thats why a very large percentage of illegal things that happen online (theft and such) go unpunished. (that combined with trying to prove most of it without proper internet laws)

Here's a chronological worldwide usage map for you...

December, 1995
16 millions 0.4 % IDC

December, 1996
36 millions 0.9 % IDC

December, 1997
70 millions 1.7 % IDC

December, 1998
147 millions 3.6 % C.I.Almanac

December, 1999
248 millions 4.1 % Nua Ltd.

March, 2000
304 millions 5.0 % Nua Ltd.

July, 2000
359 millions 5.9 % Nua Ltd.

December, 2000
361 millions 5.8 % Internet World Stats

March, 2001
458 millions 7.6 % Nua Ltd.

June, 2001
479 millions 7.9 % Nua Ltd.

August, 2001
513 millions 8.6 % Nua Ltd.

April, 2002
558 millions 8.6 % Internet World Stats

July, 2002
569 millions 9.1 % Internet World Stats

September, 2002
587 millions 9.4 % Internet World Stats

March, 2003
608 millions 9.7 % Internet World Stats

September, 2003
677 millions 10.6 % Internet World Stats

October, 2003
682 millions 10.7 % Internet World Stats

December, 2003
719 millions 11.1 % Internet World Stats

February, 2004
745 millions 11.5 % Internet World Stats

May, 2004
757 millions 11.7 % Internet World Stats

October, 2004
812 millions 12.7 % Internet World Stats

December, 2004
817 millions 12.7 % Internet World Stats

March, 2005
888 millions 13.9 % Internet World Stats

July, 2005
939 millions 14.6 % Internet World Stats

September, 2005
957 millions 14.9 % Internet World Stats

November, 2005
972 millions 15.2 % Internet World Stats

December, 2005
1,018 millions 15.7 % Internet World Stats

March, 2006
1,022 millions 15.7 % Internet World Stats

June, 2006
1,043 millions 16.0 % Internet World Stats

September, 2006
1,066 millions 16.4 % Internet World Stats

December, 2006
1,093 millions 16.7 % Internet World Stats

March, 2007
1,129 millions 17.2 % Internet World Stats

June, 2007
1,173 millions 17.8 % Internet World Stats

Sept, 2007
1,245 millions 18.9 % Internet World Stats

Dec, 2007
1,319 millions 20.0 % Internet World Stats

March, 2008
1,407 millions 21.1 % Internet World Stats

June, 2008
1,463 millions 21.9 % Internet World Stats

December, 2008
1,574 millions 23.5 % Internet World Stats

March, 2009
1,596 millions 23.8 % Internet World Stats

June, 2009
1,669 millions 24.7 % Internet World Stats

Thats right... at the END of 1995 less than 1/2 of 1% of the population of the WORLD used the internet and even today less than 25% use it.
__________________
LEGIT BST'ERs with KILLER GOOD ADVICE!:
Annual Supporting Member Council

Last edited by ItsNate : 12-15-2009 at 06:53 AM.
ItsNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:16 AM #192
DRoper412
guttery.buttery.tits
 
DRoper412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Annual Supporting Member
DRoper412 plays in the PSP
DRoper412 supports Cereal Killerz 2
DRoper412 donated to help Peyton Trent
DRoper412 posts videos on PbNation
DRoper412 is Boss
Dude, get a life and let it go.
__________________
i know it's not popular to say,
but i dont like balloons.
Moving Gearbag Sale!! Houston Deals, needs to GO!!
DRoper412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:43 AM #193
surealpaintballer
 
 
surealpaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Burlington NJ
surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
I am sorry, if someone is selling something, and you decide to take it with out paying for it that is stealing. Point Blank.

I steal, yes from superbands (as the guy earlier described). Smaller bands, ie boys set fire, buckfast super bee, august burns red, etc etc i buy from for obvious reasons and the ones already mentioned.

I take from the rich and give to the needy
__________________
Avalanche
BigEvilOnline.com new home for pump paintball
Top Gun Paintball, Jackson NJ
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 AM #194
ItsNate
 
 
ItsNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
ItsNate donated to help Peyton Trent
ItsNate is playing at Living Legends III
ItsNate owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ItsNate supports our troops
You missed the whole conversation... we're talking about things that were taken BEFORE it was for sale. (IE... when music was available to download for free before it was available to be payed for its download)

BUT... Dont buy into their bull****... this thread/forum is NOT supposed to be a place for people to incriminate themselves and admit guilt for something that shouldn't be illegal to begin with. A word of warning to EVERYONE thinking of saying what this person just did: Governing agencies are MOST LIKELY watching this and CAN fine you and/or imprison you for what you say.
__________________
LEGIT BST'ERs with KILLER GOOD ADVICE!:
Annual Supporting Member Council

Last edited by ItsNate : 12-15-2009 at 01:06 PM.
ItsNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:11 AM #195
dansnow187
Death To Traitors.
 
dansnow187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: GRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNate View Post
A word of warning to EVERYONE thinking of saying what this person just did: Governing agencies are MOST LIKELY watching this and CAN fine you and/or imprison you for what you say.
Uncle sam's got better things to do. To be honest, I think your a class act schizoid.


Unsubscribed.
__________________
Attica 08'
GRC
dansnow187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:27 AM #196
ItsNate
 
 
ItsNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
ItsNate donated to help Peyton Trent
ItsNate is playing at Living Legends III
ItsNate owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ItsNate supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansnow187 View Post
Uncle sam's got better things to do. To be honest, I think your a class act schizoid.


Unsubscribed.
Yeah? Uncle Sam had better things to do than charge Jamie Thomas and Joel Tenebaum who was a student at Boston University over $4.5 Million Dollars for downloading 30 songs too but it happened... good thing they only fined him with $675k instead of the whole amount

http://lawvibe.com/riaa-v-joel-tenen...nloaded-songs/

.... then read this article discussing the RIAA and the lawsuit itself... WOW... it will give you a new perspective on "who deserves to be paid for what"

http://www.techdirt.com/blog.php?tag=joel+tenenbaum

more...
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/200...52595783.shtml

I'm listening to an IP Colloquium discussion right now and TRYING to educate myself on this subject further... its quite informative really... check this out:

http://www.ipcolloquium.com/Programs/5.html
__________________
LEGIT BST'ERs with KILLER GOOD ADVICE!:
Annual Supporting Member Council

Last edited by ItsNate : 12-15-2009 at 01:07 PM.
ItsNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:20 PM #197
dansnow187
Death To Traitors.
 
dansnow187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: GRC
I wasn't aware that the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), along with Capital Records and Sony BMG were classified as branches of the United States government, also known as Uncle Sam.

The RIAA, in cooperation with the Federal government, will be enforcing the protection of intellectual property on an increased level as time goes on. Do you realize that Tenenbaum was put on trial because what he was doing is illegal. Is it fair? No. Do they need to make an example out of someone? Yes.

It's a matter of fighting for and protecting rights. Rosa Parks was arrested because she didn't give up her seat to a white person, was that fair? No. Do we still have segregation on public buses? No.

If you participate in the illegal pirating of intellectual property, I wish the best of luck to you.

Regaurdless of what you think is fair, the law is the law, and you won't win your case when your charged with illegally pirating intellectual property.
__________________
Attica 08'
GRC
dansnow187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:45 PM #198
ItsNate
 
 
ItsNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
ItsNate donated to help Peyton Trent
ItsNate is playing at Living Legends III
ItsNate owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ItsNate supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansnow187 View Post
I wasn't aware that the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), along with Capital Records and Sony BMG were classified as branches of the United States government, also known as Uncle Sam.

The RIAA, in cooperation with the Federal government, will be enforcing the protection of intellectual property on an increased level as time goes on. Do you realize that Tenenbaum was put on trial because what he was doing is illegal. Is it fair? No. Do they need to make an example out of someone? Yes.
You're speaking in circles... You obviously dont even know what the RIAA is... they dont 'enforce' anything. They are a business made up of all the major music labels and NOT a government body as you stated then went back on.

They are NOT out to make an example... they fought to have the court rooms CLOSED and not publicly viewed (which btw they LOST). Someone wanting to make an example and EDUCATE other people would NOT do such a thing.

Quote:
It's a matter of fighting for and protecting rights. Rosa Parks was arrested because she didn't give up her seat to a white person, was that fair? No. Do we still have segregation on public buses? No.
No its not... its a matter of GREED from the ruling bodies in the RIAA...

The artists, that people keep reffering to, get NOTHING. Not one dollar out of these court cases goes to them and MANY artists (listed in the references I posted above) even SUPPORT P2P sharing. ALSO listed in the above links (if you read them) listed and linked documentation on the fact that free digital downloading and P2P sharing actually BOOSTS sales and revenue for the music industry as I have been stating all along.

Quote:
If you participate in the illegal pirating of intellectual property, I wish the best of luck to you.
I, personally, do not pirate ANYTHING but thanks for the good wishes... I own over 500 original DVD's, 500 CD's, (both of which were all payed for and not copied), and I have had a subscription to Rhapsody that sends music to my device for quite some time now. Its fairly inexpensive and worth what I pay for it. My main reason for posting in this thread is that very recently the College that I am attending adult night classes at recently sent emails to all students. Appearantly they were ALERTED by several music labels that some students (with IP addresses on campus) were downloading pirated music and to cease all such actions. I decided to educate myself on the subject soon after, even though I wasn't involved (being that I dont even live on campus).

Quote:
Regaurdless of what you think is fair, the law is the law, and you won't win your case when your charged with illegally pirating intellectual property.
Your last statement is also untrue... not ALL of the cases tried in the courtrooms have sided with the RIAA on infringement issues... to say "One will not win their case when charged the illegally pirating I.P." is just silly as you cannot predict what a jury will or will not do even based on previous cases and their history.
__________________
LEGIT BST'ERs with KILLER GOOD ADVICE!:
Annual Supporting Member Council

Last edited by ItsNate : 12-15-2009 at 12:57 PM.
ItsNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:26 PM #199
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge
 
MonkeyWithaGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cardiff by the Sea
MonkeyWithaGun is a Supporting Member
MonkeyWithaGun supports Cereal Killerz 2
MonkeyWithaGun donated to help Peyton Trent
MonkeyWithaGun is a videographer
ItsNate, are you for real? or our you just trolling... I have to ask!

-patrick
__________________
CK2, Cereal Killerz The Sequel
SPONSORED IN PART BY: DRAXXUS BADLANDS INC. ECLIPSE JT USA EMPIRE SMART PARTS PSP FACEFULL XPAINT PBNATION
The CK2 Trailer Song is by The Transit War (The Only Evidence) http://www.myspace.com/thetransitwar

"Would you accuse me of causing a riot if I was quiet. Would you?"
MonkeyWithaGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:28 PM #200
dansnow187
Death To Traitors.
 
dansnow187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: GRC
Your so quick to prove everyone wrong. I'm not here to show everyone what I know, actually, its quite obvious that I don't know a lot on this topic. Then again, what do you know on this topic? What sources did you use to educate yourself on this topic?


It was intended to be a simple debate, throwing ideas at eachother, making eachother think. You took it out of hand and despite the fact that what you have to say might be interesting and informational, the way you presented it to myself and the rest of us reading this made me not interested in it.

I'm sure you're a cool guy, but there is no need to get hostile.

And yes, I do tend to speak in circles , I like to present all sides of the topic actually, this isn't a debate I intended to win because it will always stay in the gray area.


And I'm not saying that you wouldn't win a case against the RIAA, but is a few free songs worth the amount of trouble you'd have to go through if you did encounter a lawsuit against the RIAA? Yet people still do it, and then wonder why they have to pay 675k. Obviously the RIAA is greedy, but large corporations don't contain a single care about morals or ethics, it's all about profit and the pursuit thereof.

All I'm sayin is don't get too worked up over it brother, this wasn't intended to be a hostile arguement!
__________________
Attica 08'
GRC
dansnow187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:40 PM #201
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge
 
MonkeyWithaGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cardiff by the Sea
MonkeyWithaGun is a Supporting Member
MonkeyWithaGun supports Cereal Killerz 2
MonkeyWithaGun donated to help Peyton Trent
MonkeyWithaGun is a videographer
Never any need to get Hostile, Hostile...

-patrick
__________________
CK2, Cereal Killerz The Sequel
SPONSORED IN PART BY: DRAXXUS BADLANDS INC. ECLIPSE JT USA EMPIRE SMART PARTS PSP FACEFULL XPAINT PBNATION
The CK2 Trailer Song is by The Transit War (The Only Evidence) http://www.myspace.com/thetransitwar

"Would you accuse me of causing a riot if I was quiet. Would you?"
MonkeyWithaGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:00 PM #202
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang
 
TherealInsomniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNate View Post
No its not... its a matter of GREED from the ruling bodies in the RIAA...
and yet I feel violated everytime someone takes my songs off the internet, without paying me for them. Is it so wrong to want to be paid for the work I did, the product I created? or is that greed? One of the bands I write for is still in the hole to the record company $50,000.
I don't want my stuff out there. I Ve only recently joined the production community (about three years ago), however guys Ive worked with saw far better sales 15 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNate View Post
The artists, that people keep reffering to, get NOTHING. Not one dollar out of these court cases goes to them and MANY artists (listed in the references I posted above) even SUPPORT P2P sharing. ALSO listed in the above links (if you read them) listed and linked documentation on the fact that free digital downloading and P2P sharing actually BOOSTS sales and revenue for the music industry as I have been stating all along.
your right, I'd get nothing form the court case. HOWEVER it will curtail the illegal distribution of my stuff. Meaning everyone who wants it HAS to pay for it. If the only place to get music is stores -B/M or virtual- then there is no issue.
I see no evidence that boosted sales. the fan base for the bands I work for plateau at a certain point until the record company starts marketing them like a big name act. at which point sales skyrocket, but illegal downloads outnumber legitimate purchases by over 200%.

Also I feel the need to say, I totally support P2P file sharing. but only for items available LEGITIMATELY for free.


Stolen is stolen, the distribution method is insignificant.
__________________
Kanye West: the world's most effective troll.
your. possesive. as in "Your grammar is terrible"
You're. contraction of "you" and "are". as in "You're an idiot for not knowing the difference"
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks

Last edited by TherealInsomniac : 12-15-2009 at 06:55 PM.
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:46 PM #203
PeteSterE
Bambino
 
PeteSterE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Fog City
PeteSterE is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
PeteSterE supports DLX Technology
Pat I see you liked my Video I posted.

Tell Mom I know how to ship.
__________________
Cutting Edge Paintball
PeteSterE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:26 PM #204
ItsNate
 
 
ItsNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
ItsNate donated to help Peyton Trent
ItsNate is playing at Living Legends III
ItsNate owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ItsNate supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyWithaGun View Post
ItsNate, are you for real? or our you just trolling... I have to ask!

-patrick
are you F-ing SERIOUS? if I was trolling why would I bother to post all the information I have or spend several hours today educating myself on the subject. I think you already know the answer to your question Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansnow187 View Post
Your so quick to prove everyone wrong. I'm not here to show everyone what I know, actually, its quite obvious that I don't know a lot on this topic. Then again, what do you know on this topic? What sources did you use to educate yourself on this topic?


It was intended to be a simple debate, throwing ideas at eachother, making eachother think. You took it out of hand and despite the fact that what you have to say might be interesting and informational, the way you presented it to myself and the rest of us reading this made me not interested in it.

I'm sure you're a cool guy, but there is no need to get hostile.

And yes, I do tend to speak in circles , I like to present all sides of the topic actually, this isn't a debate I intended to win because it will always stay in the gray area.


And I'm not saying that you wouldn't win a case against the RIAA, but is a few free songs worth the amount of trouble you'd have to go through if you did encounter a lawsuit against the RIAA? Yet people still do it, and then wonder why they have to pay 675k. Obviously the RIAA is greedy, but large corporations don't contain a single care about morals or ethics, it's all about profit and the pursuit thereof.

All I'm sayin is don't get too worked up over it brother, this wasn't intended to be a hostile arguement!
I actually agree with everything you had to say here...

Ummm... my last 5 posts have stated what I know about the topic and have listed multiple sources and sources for those sources. There is a VAST amount of info about the topic and I will continue to educate myself so as to be ABLE to place a well thought out argument.

I'm not meaning to sound hostile at all. There is no hostility from my end and I mean everything I have said with all sincerity.
__________________
LEGIT BST'ERs with KILLER GOOD ADVICE!:
Annual Supporting Member Council
ItsNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:01 PM #205
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge
 
MonkeyWithaGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cardiff by the Sea
MonkeyWithaGun is a Supporting Member
MonkeyWithaGun supports Cereal Killerz 2
MonkeyWithaGun donated to help Peyton Trent
MonkeyWithaGun is a videographer
Ok then, please define "copyright" for me.

-patrick
__________________
CK2, Cereal Killerz The Sequel
SPONSORED IN PART BY: DRAXXUS BADLANDS INC. ECLIPSE JT USA EMPIRE SMART PARTS PSP FACEFULL XPAINT PBNATION
The CK2 Trailer Song is by The Transit War (The Only Evidence) http://www.myspace.com/thetransitwar

"Would you accuse me of causing a riot if I was quiet. Would you?"
MonkeyWithaGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:36 PM #206
dansnow187
Death To Traitors.
 
dansnow187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: GRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyWithaGun View Post
Ok then, please define "copyright" for me.

-patrick
ummmm, something that only exists on books and photos, and doesn't really do anything important cuz uh we got copy machines so....

























__________________
Attica 08'
GRC
dansnow187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:04 PM #207
Johnny5072
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Johnny5072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southern California
Johnny5072 is a Supporting Member
Johnny5072 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Johnny5072 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyWithaGun View Post
Ok then, please define "copyright" for me.

-patrick
Copyright doesn't apply to ones and zeros. My digital bits are freeee man!
Johnny5072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:27 PM #208
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges
 
shocktrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boulder City, NV
I don't use p2p programs, but i will share music with friends. I'll let a friend borrow a CD and he'll put it on his ipod, or he'll let me borrow one of his.

is that theft? maybe, but i don't care. I just dont have the kind of money needed to buy everything I want. 15 dollars for a CD i might only like half of the songs on? no thanks.

and i will never buy a digital download of a song. It's no cheaper, and I don't get a physical copy.

Last edited by shocktrooper : 12-15-2009 at 08:52 PM.
shocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:42 AM #209
muroks
two fingers, slowly.
 
muroks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
muroks is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktrooper View Post
I don't use p2p programs, but i will share music with friends. I'll let a friend borrow a CD and he'll put it on his ipod, or he'll let me borrow one of his.
Showing your friends a purchased CD you like and sharing it with them? Totally acceptable.

Its when you upload copyrighted **** for millions of people to download do you become an illegal file-sharing ****.
__________________

My OLD FEEDBACK
= 80+/0-
muroks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:54 AM #210
ItsNate
 
 
ItsNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
ItsNate donated to help Peyton Trent
ItsNate is playing at Living Legends III
ItsNate owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ItsNate supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyWithaGun View Post
Ok then, please define "copyright" for me.

-patrick
as stated previously, copyright laws until recently did not apply to the internet at all... that has changed in the last 10 years but only because those with money made it become that way. Mind you, this is NOT because of some moral or ethical obligation they have/had as they have attempted to make soooo many people believe, but STRICTLY financial (IE: GREEDY) motives... and they should be shut down!

Therefore my answer is this:

the term copyright does not apply to this discussion and is irrelevant when debating internet property uploaded and downloaded prior to recent laws
__________________
LEGIT BST'ERs with KILLER GOOD ADVICE!:
Annual Supporting Member Council
ItsNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump