PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-29-2009, 10:24 PM #1
Spoon101

Might open new Paintball Field Odessa, TX

So my buddys are planning on opening a new paintball field out in the West Side close to I20. It will have a speedball field that can be set-up in different layouts and either one big urban scenario style field or 2 smaller urban style fields. The construction of the urban style field will probaby have bunkers, trenches, a small village, vehicles*windows broken out*, etc... We just wanted to know if there was enough interest to open up a field in the Odessa/Midland area. I know I've seen Wal-Mart and Academy sell plenty of paintball products, heres a chance to give people an awesome place to play. So if your into paintball or your kids are. Post up that your interested. Let us know your thoughts!

Spoon
Spoon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2009, 11:01 PM #2
Foley42
Foley

Foley42 plays in the PSP
Foley42 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Foley42 plays in the APPA beginner division
Foley42 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sounds cool, but we need the area to grow in the way of speedball, and i know for a fact about 30 guys that would drive to odessa and play if you had a good air ball field with great paint prices
Old 11-30-2009, 09:26 AM #3
Spoon101

I will let the guys funding it know. I know they were looking at inflatables for the speedball field. I don't really play speedball so I don't know if speedball players would prefer that over barrels and tires from what I've seen at other fields. I do know turf is a must We just need alot of interest to get this going and chances are there will be a field open close to summer time..hopefully
Old 11-30-2009, 10:27 AM #4
Bo43

Bo43 donated to help Peyton Trent
Bo43 supports Team VICIOUS
Bo43 plays in the APPA D5 division
If you are going to have a speedball field, invest in a nice set of air bunkers, and buy one of those big frieght containers or something to protect your investment from the weather and would-be thieves. I've seen too many fields ruin their bunkers by leaving them out over night all the time.

TXGraphix.com
Bo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:48 AM #5
Texas_Paintballa
Child Please!

Texas_Paintballa is a Paintball photographer
Texas_Paintballa donated to help Peyton Trent
Texas_Paintballa posts videos on PbNation
Well, that is kinda out in the middle of nowhere. at least hour and 30 minute drive from Red Oak (Where im from) and about about a 3 hour drive from DFW
-

Ballin' since 1999. Get off my lawn!
Texas_Paintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:35 PM #6
tic212

I am on the west end of Odessa and I want to get into any kind (woodsball, speedball, etc) of paintball, but i have no idea of where a decent field would be (google, bing, etc. dont have much info) or if the people that play there are open to newer players. (Keep in mind I'm not some ten year old smart *** either lol) Where in the Midessa area would you suggest i go until u get your field up and running.
tic212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:53 AM #7
Spoon101

I used to play at Midland paintball but they closed. I've never play at Splatter Madness but I think they are still open. You can check them out.

It seems we are getting more interest for urban style fields. We got the land, now we are just seeing if the city says it okay to build a paintball field there.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:18 AM #8
mango56

(u used to play at midland paintball? I did too. I'm Charlie) It'd be great if you got a field going. Have u secured a good air compressor? that is of infinitely greater importance in comparison to inflatable bunkers. (okay. maybe. the average paintball player plays on CO2, but if u want a tournament set-up, u need compressed air).

I played at splatter madness for awhile. The majority of the time, the speedball field was simply tire stacks and barrels( and these cube chemical container things...). An inflatable tournament field is a very large investment (as I'm sure u know by now). Honestly, the tire/barrel set-up worked nicely and could be left set up for months(change it when u felt like it).

most players u find WILL NOT EVER PLAY IN A TOURNAMENT. So, if u can't pull together the compressed air and air-up field, it's not that big a deal.

why do u want to start a field? for money or just for the fun of it or...?

EDIT: also, pm me if u guys need help setting stuff up or whatever. I'm out of town at college for most of the year, but I'll be down in Midland over the holidays and summer.

Last edited by mango56 : 12-04-2009 at 11:21 AM.
mango56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:34 PM #9
tic212

Thanks Spoon, I did notice in the last Odessa City Board meeting they have started the process of updating the ordinance code to allow for the use and building of paintball fields inside the city limits (see here http://www.odessa-tx.gov/public/city...2011-24-09.pdf Top pf page three).
tic212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:13 PM #10
LOLOballer08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Paintballa View Post
Well, that is kinda out in the middle of nowhere. at least hour and 30 minute drive from Red Oak (Where im from) and about about a 3 hour drive from DFW
hey man its a whole lot further than that...its about 5 hours from dfw
LOLOballer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:20 AM #11
BADMOJOPAINTBALL

it would be good to have a field somewhere in the Arlington/Mansfield area again since Hit and Run closed- Cedar Hill had a good paintball field when if first started but they kept the bunkers outside and the seams started busting --for airball it really doesnt take much it doesnt have to be fancy -- airbunkers - some ok grass- and air and thats about it the most important thing is to have bunkers that stay up

Last edited by BADMOJOPAINTBALL : 12-06-2009 at 01:23 AM.
BADMOJOPAINTBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:38 AM #12
nxfedlt1

nxfedlt1 is a Supporting Member
nxfedlt1 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
we used to have an indoor field in midland...it didnt last long.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:23 AM #13
iso2005
frank the tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxfedlt1 View Post
we used to have an indoor field in midland...it didnt last long.
lol i thought this was a recent thing, i got super excited. thanks alot nxfedlt1
seriously tho, we NEED a field here in Midland/odessa. let me know if theres anything i can do. I work for the county in midland and I know most of the commisioners, i dont know if that helps any or not.

Update: i just talked to one of the commisioners about opening up a field here in Midland and he sounded really excited about trying to help out. he said he would make some calls and see what he could find out. i really hope this happens
X-Factor Fanclub #39
Grayson Goff Fan #9

Last edited by iso2005 : 02-18-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: update
iso2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:31 PM #14
05daytonaram
DOODOO BROWN MEANS IM PRO

05daytonaram is playing at Living Legends V
05daytonaram owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
05daytonaram owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
05daytonaram is for the Gunfight
05daytonaram has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
05daytonaram has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
05daytonaram has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
there was a field that was supposed to open up in burleson by the highschool but doug talked the guy out of it!!
05daytonaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:35 PM #15
tsu-money
♫ In the Navy

tsu-money supports Cereal Killerz 2
tsu-money donated to help Peyton Trent
tsu-money supports Bob Gurnsey
tsu-money supports our troops
Any updates on this?
tsu-money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:14 PM #16
iso2005
frank the tank

the OP told me a while back that his field fell through. im still waiting to hear back from the city about opening one in Midland.
X-Factor Fanclub #39
Grayson Goff Fan #9
Old 02-20-2010, 11:19 PM #17
tsu-money
♫ In the Navy

tsu-money supports Cereal Killerz 2
tsu-money donated to help Peyton Trent
tsu-money supports Bob Gurnsey
tsu-money supports our troops
Bummer. Well if anything comes up, be sure to update the thread.
tsu-money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:40 PM #18
Kum n Go

you guys do know about angelo paintball dont yall ? 2 hours away. awsome fields, airball and woodsball compressed air and co2 great prices friendly staff. and its pretty busy now that the weather is getting nice"er"
Kum n Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:20 AM #19
iso2005
frank the tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kum n Go View Post
you guys do know about angelo paintball dont yall ? 2 hours away. awsome fields, airball and woodsball compressed air and co2 great prices friendly staff. and its pretty busy now that the weather is getting nice"er"
the inspection on my truck has been expired for a couple months already so i hadnt been able to drive down to Angelo but i should be getting it on sat. so if any of you guys wanna make the drive down there maybe we can meet up or something. arent you playing in that MoFos tourny this weekend?
X-Factor Fanclub #39
Grayson Goff Fan #9
Old 09-29-2010, 05:50 PM #20
Brandon32689

Im in midland tx to we have been playing in big spring every other weekend. Is there any more midland players want to get together.
Brandon32689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:04 PM #21
damian1313

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon32689 View Post
Im in midland tx to we have been playing in big spring every other weekend. Is there any more midland players want to get together.
Hey man if you would like to play on a private speedball/Hyperball field with some tourney players over in midland PM me cuz my team needs to practice for hrl.

And now for the main topic i would love to see a commerrcial field in the midessa reagon open up. i personally play speed ball ( air bunkers) and like the other guy stated erlier invest in the better ones so the dont get punctured and ruined by weather etc.

also like Mango stated ( i have played with him a few years) if you need any help or want to know some more about owning a field or need help maitanance wise PM me

MAJORLY EXCITED

btw my name is Damian

Captain of Team Affliction
damian1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups