Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-29-2009, 04:45 PM #1
adam9122

Trying To Decide On A Board

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my DP G3 with a new board. I'm trying to pick between the the Seventh Element board and the Virtue board.

My brother who knows a lot about paintball and what not, says not to get the Virtue because Seventh Element is cheaper and better.

But I want your opinion.

So which one would you get?

Thanks!

Also, which one has PSP 3 shot?
adam9122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2009, 09:18 PM #2
egoballer06

egoballer06 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Your brother is right about the seventh element boards being cheaper, also if you look on their site apparently you get a trigger with the board upgrade. Both boards come with a burst mode, seventh element specifically says 3 shot burst and virtue says burst mode and I am assuming its also 3 round and prob has different settings aswell. Price is a big difference, seventh element being around $80 dollars and virtue boards ranging from $150-180. Another major difference is that virtue now has the new OLED board which has an lcd screen where as seventh element offers a led screen. That could be a personal preference, I like ease of the lcd screen and seeing what I am doing others may not. In my opinion virtue seems to offer alot more features and modes but that does come with the price, and you get a lifetime warranty. So your options are spending more money or less money, I would say if you plan to buy another gun in the future say a dm or ego maybe hold off on buying such an expensive board until then and maybe go with the seventh element board. The choice will be up to you in the end. Hope this helped you out though

**EDIT** Both boards come with psp mode but neither mention 3 shot burst within that mode, but both boards do as mentioned above come with burst modes

Last edited by egoballer06 : 12-03-2009 at 09:21 PM.
egoballer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:39 PM #3
TheColorCute
I made this for you!

Annual Supporting Member
TheColorCute is a Moderator
TheColorCute is a Paintball photographer
TheColorCute owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheColorCute supports Team VICIOUS
TheColorCute supports Sherwood Forest
I just got the Virtue OLED for my DM7 and I seem to recall seeing a 3-shot burst setting while searching threw the options and such.

I just checked again and it does have a burst mode that can be set to different numbers of shots. It comes default as a 3-shots.

I'm not sure why it would be any different on a G3, so hopefully the G3 Virtue/Virtue OLED has the burst setting as well.
TheColorCute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:48 AM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
3 shot burst and PSP3/PSP Burst mode are not the same thing. Using the plain, non PSP, burst mode would not be allowed in the PSP.

Older firmware versions of the 7E board has PSP ramping, but not PSP3. I think that the latest versions of the board now have PSP3 mode.

The Virtue OLED board definitely has PSP3 capability.

ps - while the Virtue OLED board has a graphic display, it isn't an LCD screen. It uses an OLED display, not an LCD - hence the name of the board.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:41 PM #5
NaMeLeSsPlAyErX32

You should wait for the release of the APE G3 OLED there is a rumor APE will be releasing it before X-mas. and it is only going for $115

Last edited by NaMeLeSsPlAyErX32 : 12-10-2009 at 08:18 PM.
NaMeLeSsPlAyErX32 is offline   Reply With Quote