Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2014, 07:34 PM #1
Ackon

Sweetspotting the reg

Friend is asking. Wants to do some tuning to his etek4. It's been broken in. Would Lurker method of sweet spotting be applicable to a Etek4?

Quote:
1: Back out both regs or Zero out both the LPR and HPR to 0psi
2: Raise HPR slightly only to set LPR for cycling
3: Raise LPR to fully cycling ~45psi or so
4: Raise HPR until velocity begins to stop rising as you increase pressure
5: Raise LPR to desired velocity
6: Lower HPR a bit, then raise if necessary... you're trying to find the best HPR setting at the LPR setting you have. This may put your velocity over 300/285
7: Lower LPR slightly to field velocity
Ackon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2014, 02:40 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
This method will work fine BUT.......eteks and egos don't really have a lot of room to play with in the LPR adjustment. These settings will give you the most efficient and smoothest setting at current setup only. If you change any settings you'll need to do it over again.

Honestly the best setting I've used on my etek 3 is Dwell 8, LPR flush, HPR set to desired velocity. Good efficiency and smoothness is decent. You can then lower the LPR a bit if your particular gun will allow it. I can actually run about one turn in from flush on my gun.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote