PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-27-2009, 04:07 PM #1
Crash1976
Concious Incontinence

Vaporworks

We are encouraging all who are disappointed in VaporWorks service to write ICD and inform them of the problem. Emails are easy to ignore, so many of us are reccomending to snail mail a PHYSICAL letter possibly adressed to the owner of ICD.

the adress is:
Indian Creek Design Inc
1019 First Street North
Nampa, ID 83687

Maybe if they get a mailbag full of complaints they'll do something about it.

Vikings 34 Cowgirls 3 *2009 NFL Playoffs*

I lost a bet to 63VDub

www.icd-owners.com For the best news, info and gear for indian Creek Enthusiasts! Join Today!
Crash1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:35 PM #2
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

diablodow supports Cereal Killerz 2
diablodow is for the Gunfight
Thank you I got screwed over by them to.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:33 PM #3
DonF

My letter is mailed. Its important to stress that the owner of VW has some very bad health problems. While he has my sympathy, the volume of customers that dont get parts or markers for months is the reason I sent my letter in. If you order from VW or send anything in there is a VERY good chance your not going to see what you paid for for a very long time. To have them recommended as the only authorized ICD service center is pure idiotic. You can buy parts direct from ICD maybe they will open up and start doing more themselves again repair wise.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:02 AM #4
AMBUSHYNATOR

has been a member for 10 years
Im still waiting for a chaos board I ordered Nov. 2 08 over year now. Which means I havnt used my GS since. One day I'll use it again, I hope. Goldie stop being a bum ship what you have in stock refund the rest and be done with sale /repair of I.C.D products.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:58 AM #5
Crash1976
Concious Incontinence

Did you call or write ICD about the problem? If you havn't I suggest writing AND calling them, afterall they reccomended them AND you have product/money pending with Vapor. Be proactive about it or you may never get anything done ever.

I lost a bet to 63VDub

www.icd-owners.com For the best news, info and gear for indian Creek Enthusiasts! Join Today!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:01 AM #6
Crash1976
Concious Incontinence

Here is the letter I mailed Monday. Anyone who wishes may copy this to use in your own letter. Just adjust it to fit your issue and sign your name. Since you have lost money with Vaporworks I would amend the letter to reflect that.

Dear Sir,

There are many of us who still enthusiastically enjoy using your paint ball markers from years past. We love our ICD markers and have even built a community that supports one another with knowledge and parts. We thank you for the years you have devoted to our pass time and dream of the day you will re-enter it. That said, I wish to bring your attention to a problem you have left us with.

Upon exiting the paint ball market you left us with and even endorse on your website VaporWorks/PaintballTrader.com as your “Factory Authorized” repair center. This has become even more than just a bad joke to some, as many people have ordered parts from them with little to no response and even worse some individuals have sent markers in for service never to see them again. To add insult to injury it is virtually impossible to garner any response from VaporWorks/PaintballTrader.com on any subject matter. There are no phone numbers and no responses from emails. The result has been frustration and loss of money and property due to these poor and borderline fraudulent practices. VaporWorks/PaintballTrader.com has a web store to order from and has even updated it this year, however their service is still virtually non-existent.

I personally have sent several e-mails inquiring about parts and services without response of any kind. People that purchase parts are being forced to seek recourse through Pay Pal to get money back as they are not sending parts out after ordering online. Even worse some owners have sent markers and have no idea what has become of their property and can get no responses from your “factory authorized” repair center.

We know that these problems are not by anyone’s design or desire, however none the less, this has become the reality. We respectfully ask that as the “Factory” you can either contact VaporWorks/PaintballTrader.com to fix their business practices or perhaps take up the responsibility yourselves. Your attention to this matter is appreciated. We know you value your customers past and present regardless of the market they came from. Please Respond to this letter or we will be reluctantly forced to take alternate actions in reporting to the BBB and the FTC.

Sincerely,

Your Name Here

I lost a bet to 63VDub

Old 12-01-2009, 02:38 PM #7
DonF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash1976 View Post
Please Respond to this letter or we will be reluctantly forced to take alternate actions in reporting to the BBB and the FTC.

Sincerely,

Your Name Here
Empty threats wont get you anywhere - BBB has NO authority unless you are a member, then all they can do is kick you out. They are just a place that takes money from whiners! FTC wont get you much further. Too small of cases. I think that part blows almost all credibility.

Last edited by DonF : 12-01-2009 at 02:44 PM.
DonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:30 PM #8
oldcopul8r
I'm a fool to pitty you

I agree with you Don. Please do not threaten a friend, especially an empty threat like BBB. We are trying to get their help by finding an alternative to Vaporworks, not punishing them for a poor choice. (hind-sight is always 20/20...looking back it's still a bit fuzzy-Megadeath)
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 PM #9
Crash1976
Concious Incontinence

As you guys said, it's not much of a threat....so I don't see the harm. Hardly worthy of the "threat" classification. But if it bothers you then you obviously have the perrogative to use whatever language you desire in your letters as some of you already have. I only posted my letter so others who felt the need to write wouldn't have to worry about coming up with thier own reasonable letters. I mean no harm and have only the best intentions. If he is your friend then you would obviously want to use an entirely different letter all together. If he's your friend you probably have his number so just call him and see if you can starighten this all out for us.

I lost a bet to 63VDub

Old 12-01-2009, 09:10 PM #10
oldcopul8r
I'm a fool to pitty you

The "friend" I was refering to was ICD, NOT Goldie. I kinda wish I was Goldies friend, I'd try to help him out as best I could.(he has done his best for the ICD comunity for a long time) Crash, I agree with the spirit of your letter(It is very well written). My only thought to improve it was to pleed our case with ICD in a friendly manner and not end the letter with a sour note.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:30 AM #11
Crash1976
Concious Incontinence

Sure, I understand what your saying. Duely noted, thanks.

I lost a bet to 63VDub

Old 12-02-2009, 11:06 PM #12
DonF

Quote:
We have long been a doing our best to support ICD products and will now do our best to carry on work on their markers for them. You'll get the same service level you'd expect from ICD, only in Kansas instead of Idaho!
Posted by Goldie on Monday, December 31, 2007
I did find this quite interesting I have never had problems contacting ICD ...they have a PHONE Cant say the same for VW!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:28 AM #13
BiggieSMLS
good gravy

At this point sometimes empty threats seem like miracle workers

But in all honesty it is not the way to go, letters to ICD should safice

Quality Always Shoots Straight
AGD

bOISE sT. bRONCOS
BiggieSMLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:05 AM #14
Crash1976
Concious Incontinence

It just should have never come to this. I just wonder how it is possible that ICD doesn't know about this problem. Maybe they thought there were'nt enough people still wanting parts and services to think it was an issue.

I lost a bet to 63VDub

Old 12-03-2009, 01:57 PM #15
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

diablodow supports Cereal Killerz 2
diablodow is for the Gunfight
yesterday on the ICD website they had a notice up
"12/02/09: We have been receiving numerous complaints about Vaporwork's service lately. Please send repairs to ICD directly. Note that the turnaround time is 4-6 months, as we do not have dedicated paintball marker repair staff" so that might be the best option compared to hit and miss with goldie.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:08 PM #16
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
goes to show that when the wheel gets squeaky enough, things start to happen. well done people, well done.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:17 PM #17
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
im so glad i stayed away from VW once a certain someone started to work there
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:16 PM #18
Crash1976
Concious Incontinence

It's definitly not a bad thing they no longer endorse VW. It's sad really...I'd like to see VW step up and be the supplier/service center they once were. Our aftermarket support is all but non-existent.

I lost a bet to 63VDub

Old 12-03-2009, 05:20 PM #19
pump
I don't play pump lol

Quote:
It's definitly not a bad thing they no longer endorse VW.
they?

Quote:
Our aftermarket support is all but non-existent.
what else do you need for your ICD? we got it all made already, nothing much else is needed, well i need that new GBR v2 but thats it!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:55 PM #20
Crash1976
Concious Incontinence

Quote:
Originally Posted by pump View Post
they?

what else do you need for your ICD? we got it all made already, nothing much else is needed, well i need that new GBR v2 but thats it!
They = ICD

What else do I NEED? not much...but there's alot that I WANT...

I lost a bet to 63VDub

Old 12-03-2009, 08:59 PM #21
pump
I don't play pump lol

well we got almost every option needed covered

trayless, GBR, bolts, 4 noids to choose from, lots of valves.
that coveres everything that we cant do ourselves